Green to stand down as consultant.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be a Chairman appointed tonight? I hope so its been a couple of weeks now since Walter stepped down, a strong and independent Chairman would go along way to helping calm things down.

Doubt there will be a formal appointment but you'd fancy there will be some serious discussion about that and other matters.

Unless it's leaked to the BBC first of course... ;)

Stockbridge should get his arse handed to him as well, I don't want Murray anywhere near the place though.

I would like to see Mather stay as well.

(tu)

if that's green done with Rangers then I thank him for all the good work he and his team done dragging us from the depths of despair.

I hope any new board members can continue to move us forward as a club, but i do not trust or want PM anywhere near our club.

Green is laughing all the way to the bank

posts like this are the reason I am conviced that Green was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

"we need rid of green, he needs to get out of the club, sell up, and leave us to move forward"

Green agrees to do this and

"he is laughing all the way to the bank"

He's not accountable to you, fuck sake.

A sensible post about Chris Graham for a change!

When RFC were being dragged through the gutter because of Whyte, we had nobody speaking for us. Chris stepped out of his blogging pants and into the media fire. He made some very good appearances on STV's Tonight show and some good media interviews. For his actions in the media, I am sure he will have been paid a small fee and expenses and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. A man has to eat.

What I don't get is why so many bears have taken issue with him, and I mean that genuinely. I follow him on twitter but do not stalk him; if he tweets when I am on I will read.

He may have made some bad judgements in whom he speaks to or what he has said, but he is a Rangers fan that the media will go to for clear thoughts on issues Rangers. As far as I am aware, he has never claimed to speak for us, the fans, he has merely spoken as a fan. Don't misinterpret the word 'we' in any of his comments, as we are all guilty of that when talking about the club we love.

As some have already said, we need to get a sense of priority here. Rangers is being battered by all and sundry, with some bears putting differences with individual fans ahead of the club. Not only that, they put their bickering in every debate on every subject; turning the best Rangers forum into footballs equivalent of Jeremy Kyle.

Good riddence but there is alot of shit slinging still to come

The shit slinging wont stop until certain parties worm their way onto the board, yes PM I am looking at you.

The shit slinging has been a constant thing we have had to deal with since before Green even took over.

Pm and his troo bloo kights threw mud at every potential buyer, and have continued to do so since Green took over.

The shit slinging wont stop until certain parties worm their way onto the board, yes PM I am looking at you.

The shit slinging has been a constant thing we have had to deal with since before Green even took over.

Pm and his troo bloo kights threw mud at every potential buyer, and have continued to do so since Green took over.

pesky facts.

You'll need to show me examples of PMs excess. I think you might well struggle. Profit, yes profit was made during his three years on the board and debt level slashed. Additionally he was a NON-EXEC. You do understand what that means?

If you are going to throw shite then you would be wise to back it up with facts.

Indeed DG and you are erring in linking some facts with Mini.

He was greeting about the bank NOT letting them spend money on the team as they were more interested in slashing debt, Him and AJ wanted to take us deeper in.

You might also remember his £25m bid where he told us we HAD to deal with Ticketus, starting with a £10m payout and a cut of ST money for years.

Whatever happened to that £25m BTW ?

He was always just waiting for a nod from the admins to make his move, yet when they did he vanished.

Then there is his relentless campaigns in the media to sabotage other bidders and latterly the Ibrox board.

This sleekit reptile should never be allowed near Ibrox. He had his shot and was party to how we got here.

A sensible post about Chris Graham for a change!

When RFC were being dragged through the gutter because of Whyte, we had nobody speaking for us. Chris stepped out of his blogging pants and into the media fire. He made some very good appearances on STV's Tonight show and some good media interviews. For his actions in the media, I am sure he will have been paid a small fee and expenses and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. A man has to eat.

What I don't get is why so many bears have taken issue with him, and I mean that genuinely. I follow him on twitter but do not stalk him; if he tweets when I am on I will read.

He may have made some bad judgements in whom he speaks to or what he has said, but he is a Rangers fan that the media will go to for clear thoughts on issues Rangers. As far as I am aware, he has never claimed to speak for us, the fans, he has merely spoken as a fan. Don't misinterpret the word 'we' in any of his comments, as we are all guilty of that when talking about the club we love.

As some have already said, we need to get a sense of priority here. Rangers is being battered by all and sundry, with some bears putting differences with individual fans ahead of the club. Not only that, they put their bickering in every debate on every subject; turning the best Rangers forum into footballs equivalent of Jeremy Kyle.

Best post on this thread by a country mile. The bickering between fans just now is unbelievable. Green has gone. There's no need to feel obliged to back him anymore. Let's have a grown-up discussion about the best way forward. And, above all, can we move on from the puerile assumption that anything that emanates from FF/RST must be bad for the club. I am not a member of the RST and I have never posted on FF but I find the attitude towards both from many posters on here quite bewildering.

I dont really know what to make of whether CG is going is a good thing or a bad thing - but If I was Charles Green, I would look upon some of the Rangers support as a bunch of ungrateful bastards. Aye he has made is money - but he was never backward about coming forward in that respect from day 1 and there was nobody else willing to step forward when the club needed a buyer - and I mean nobody. He also shafted whyte, and that can only be a good thing in my books.

We all eulogiesed him when the IPO was successful - and we now act as if that was a given. But if he hadn't drummed up investors to the tune of £18M, the IPO could easily have beeen a disaster as the fans only put in about £5M. To say he done a fabulous job there is a gross understatement.

However,some Rangers men come out the wordwork and suddenly CG is the devil incarnate. Well, as I say, he wasn't perfect and it may well be that some of the stuff he was up to or going to get up to was not what we would have wanted as a support though I dont have any real details so theres a lot of ifs, buts and maybes around that - and there is no doubt the bonus situation was ridiculous. However, in summary after the work he put in, I simply cant believe he was going to run us into the ground and then leave us high and dry.

So from me its a thanks CG for all you done, I still dont know what to make of you but dont think to badly of us if you think you were done a disservice - we have had a hard tme of it with Whyte and trust is hard to come by from a a support that is increasingly fickle and marginalised by its own club.

I dont really know what to make of whether CG is going is a good thing or a bad thing - but If I was Charles Green, I would look upon some of the Rangers support as a bunch of ungrateful bastards. Aye he has made is money - but he was never backward about coming forward in that respect from day 1 and there was nobody else willing to step forward when the club needed a buyer - and I mean nobody. He also shafted whyte, and that can only be a good thing in my books.

We all eulogiesed him when the IPO was successful - and we now act as if that was a given. But if he hadn't drummed up investors to the tune of £18M, the IPO could easily have beeen a disaster as the fans only put in about £5M. To say he done a fabulous job there is a gross understatement.

However,some Rangers men come out the wordwork and suddenly CG is the devil incarnate. Well, as I say, he wasn't perfect and it may well be that some of the stuff he was up to or going to get up to was not what we would have wanted as a support though I dont have any real details so theres a lot of ifs, buts and maybes around that - and there is no doubt the bonus situation was ridiculous. However, in summary after the work he put in, I simply cant believe he was going to run us into the ground and then leave us high and dry.

So from me its a thanks CG for all you done, I still dont know what to make of you but dont think to badly of us if you think you were done a disservice - we have had a hard tme of it with Whyte and trust is hard to come by from a a support that is increasingly fickle and marginalised by its own club.

Have to agree with this.

Be careful what you wish for our Club Board, old and New is our own worst enemy.

Now we are open to attack from all Angles.