Green to stand down as consultant.

How the hell has a thread about Charles Green became all about Chris Graham??

I'm going to try & bring this back about (probably won't work though)

I am glad CG has decided to stand down, he assuredly jumped before he was pushed & now looks to be selling his shares to whomever will buy them ... as is his right.

CG had always declared that he was here to make money & I have absolutely no problem with that ...

• He was provided an excellent salary of approx £320k .. a reasonable figure for a CEO of a multi-national company (he was given a ridiculous bonus of 100% for team performance rather than financial)
  • He was awarded shares valued at £0.01p/each ... a fair value considering where the company was (he recently demanded £0.70p/each for them .. a 7000% uplift, when shareholders who bought via IPO have lost about 50% value in their holding under his stewardship)
  • He helped to raise £22m in a highly successful IPO (he was also in charge when the club has seemingly spent over £30m in a single year)
  • He helped defend the club during one of it's most turbulent times in it's history (he brought ridicule to the club by making unsubstantiated claims about Dallas Cowboy linkups, ManUtd wanting in EPL etc and, of course, the now infamous P*k*-gate quote)

To sum it all up, while he performed well in his initial time at the club, for me, he has out-stayed his welcome & i'm happy he has gone & looks to be divesting his shares & will have NO links to the club

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be great if we could have a united support. Sooner the RST, the Supporters Association and the Assembly all disband and we have a members scheme in place the better.

Some of the stuff in this thread has been absolutely cringeworthy.

What worries me about Green going is that there is a large void in the Rangers boardroom. Green was by no means perfect but he did do a lot of good on our behalf. I have no wish to see Jim McColl involved with Rangers and I certainly do not want Paul Murray on the board. As for Frank Blin, I know very little about him other than what information is available to view on the internet. Craig Mather seems a decent guy but is he strong-willed enough for the job?

Fury. I used to enjoy your posts. That was a while ago now though.

Now, if the likes of you got near the steps of ibrox in some kind of official capacity, I would be truly embarrassed.

Some of your comments recently are cringeworthy and you come across as a smug wee boy who has just taken the ball from his mates.

Chase yourself from the forum you would "not post in again" and do us all a favour

What worries me about Green going is that there is a large void in the Rangers boardroom. Green was by no means perfect but he did do a lot of good on our behalf. I have no wish to see Jim McColl involved with Rangers and I certainly do not want Paul Murray on the board. As for Frank Blin, I know very little about him other than what information is available to view on the internet. Craig Mather seems a decent guy but is he strong-willed enough for the job?

so far, Mr mather is the only one out the whole lot getting my respect

No matter what, Charlie and Co. came in and saved our club when others didn't go into their pockets.

So I thank you for that, Charlie!

(tu)

Well said, I will always be grateful for what he did for our club. He had hid flaws like most of us but stood strong when it was needed.

How the hell has a thread about Charles Green became all about Chris Graham??

I'm going to try & bring this back about (probably won't work though)

I am glad CG has decided to stand down, he assuredly jumped before he was pushed & now looks to be selling his shares to whomever will buy them ... as is his right.

(edit)

To sum it all up, while he performed well in his initial time at the club, for me, he has out-stayed his welcome & i'm happy he has gone & looks to be divesting his shares & will have NO links to the club

Well said that man (tu)

Step 1 - completed.

Step 2 - EGM and hopefully a new Board and a clearer picture of our finances.

i dont think there will be an EGM, Mather is strong enough to stand on this shit, even if there was a change under plc and aim rules accounts cannot be released early as they have to be fully audited

I think this is all far from over, need to see who he selld his shares to.

I share your concerns. It worried me how easily he was able to return as a consultant. He's obviously still got some influence in the boardroom. It was only the pressure of the supporters groups that forced Mather to do something.

Until we have a total clear out and get proper bona fide business people on board, we can't be certain who's running the club.

i dont think there will be an EGM, Mather is strong enough to stand on this shit, even if there was a change under plc and aim rules accounts cannot be released early as they have to be fully audited

Unless the guys on the Board stand down, my understanding is that there must be an EGM, as ones been called.

I agree with you as regards Mather, despite him managing to terminate Green's consultancy .... But that shouldn't even have a required a Board meeting in my view. Mather should have just have told Green "you're sacked". It worries me that he had to call a Board meeting to make this decision. This suggests to me that Mather has very little power/ control.