Chris Graham - Why the hatred?

You are a good friend to Chris. My opinion is if he had answered the questions asked a couple of months ago a lot of this would have been avoided. I am really sorry Chris wanted a good Rangers supporter banned and got his way.

Anyway I have to go to work but I'll read about me being a mentalist later on Twitter, Facebook, CRO, and Gersnet. :dry:

I'm a good friend to all bears. It's not Chris' fault that others can't adhere to the rules the rest of do.

And no abuse on Gersnet allowed - as you know! ;)

As I touched on earlier (and on Twitter yesterday) it's unfair for people to generalise about whole forums because of the actions of a few.

Every forum has its trolls, interlopers and fruitcakes. And on a forum as large and as intense as RM, I don't envy those attempting to moderate it. However, the rules are clear and BluePeter has had to go to extraordinary lengths recently to try and curb the unreasonable behaviour we've seen lately.

I think we all need to examine our contribution in that sense. The rules are there for everyone.

It takes all kinds to make a world.What may seem unreasonable to you can be seen as perfectly reasonable to others.There are a lot of complaints on the Forum regarding the Daily Rhebal distorting and exagerating anything to do with Rangers.I would rather have guys like Ed telling it as they see it.By the way i dont always agree with Ed but i defend his right to reply.

The first time D'Art didn't say exactly what we all wanted, a few people would get annoyed. The second time it happened, he'd be accused of being a MD lapdog. After that, it would be open season on his personal life and profession.

I would be willing to bet that D'Art would acquit himself in a much better manner if that was to happen. I don't think anyone would ever accuse him of being an MD lapdog though. :D

The first time D'Art didn't say exactly what we all wanted, a few people would get annoyed. The second time it happened, he'd be accused of being a MD lapdog. After that, it would be open season on his personal life and profession.

Really?

What personal life and profession attacks has there been then?

To be honest I don't even know what his profession is or anything about his private life. Everything I dislike about the guy is to do with his public persona as a blogger and "voice of the Rangers support" or whatever way he wants to represent himself.

I remember a few weeks ago d'art posted an article about our history and traditions and his view of how they relate to him and his perception....I thought it was an excellent piece but a few posters were accusing him of pushing an agenda etc.....the sad truth is as soon as you put your head above the parapet no matter what you say or do some will have a go and try to knock you down!

Really?

To be honest I don't even know what his profession is or anything about his private life. Everything I dislike about the guy is to do with his public persona as a blogger and "voice of the Rangers support" or whatever way he wants to represent himself.

There have been all kinds of crap posted about his family and business. He's apparently a mother's boy with a failing business apparently. What a load of irrelevant and indefensible nonsense.

It takes all kinds to make a world.What may seem unreasonable to you can be seen as perfectly reasonable to others.There are a lot of complaints on the Forum regarding the Daily Rhebal distorting and exagerating anything to do with Rangers.I would rather have guys like Ed telling it as they see it.By the way i dont always agree with Ed but i defend his right to reply.

There's a difference between having a right to reply - which we should all have - to trolling. I'm afraid I don't think Ed always walked the correct side of that particular line but that's up to the admin team to decide not me.

Im stupid because I read what he writes and make my own mind up on it while never considering him to be better tha me

Aye ok mate Im stupid :lol:

Why do you think you have the right to know his source?

Do you have the same opinion for all information you get?

Have we not pretty much concluded he was correct anyway.

The original article on TRS was signed off by TRS not Chris however like you I GUESS he played the senior role in it.

I told him he was wrong (to publish it not the facts of the issue) at the time made my feelings on it very clear, however as time has gone on I now think Chris was correct (or TRS) and I was wrong.

I could of written that better. That is the impression he gives across when answering things on his blogs is that if you don't believe him them he thinks you are stupid.

I don't know you so can't say anything and every is entitles to an opinion, some people just don't like it when you question their opinion and go off in a huff.

ED brought more to the board than Fury ever did. To be honest his knowledge of Rangers history, and some of his tales about the club were fantastic.

90% of his posts were very insightful and purposeful but surely you can accept latterly he (and others) have spent more time talking about CG than contributing to the forum?

Really?

ERRRRR

This thread has plenty of remarks about his finances Fek sake what business is that of any fekn random on here....or anywhere?

I would be willing to bet that D'Art would acquit himself in a much better manner if that was to happen. I don't think anyone would ever accuse him of being an MD lapdog though. :D

D'art's a fantastic writer but I know how difficult it can be to speak well on TV and radio. It's not bloody easy that's for sure.

As for not being a MD lapdog, I don't think he ever would be but the first time he may share an opinion with MD in the press, that's what he'll be called. It's an 100% given.

I remember a few weeks ago d'art posted an article about our history and traditions and his view of how they relate to him and his perception....I thought it was an excellent piece but a few posters were accusing him of pushing an agenda etc.....the sad truth is as soon as you put your head above the parapet no matter what you say or do some will have a go and try to knock you down!

That does come with the territory and by and large I'm sure any supposed fans rep has to live and die by the sword/pen in that sense.

However, it's when the criticism goes beyond the relevant to other matters that we should all be saying haud the bus.

From Hero to Zero, Eh!

The guy who sat on STV fighting our battles and then gave us ALL the night to remember when he called Spiers out :)

Yes, ive noticed sometimes on Twitter he can come across smug, but christ, he has tweets coming in left, right, and centre with a lot of piss you wouldnt believe.

Fury, treat yer own with respect mate, We are ALL Rangers at the end of the day, and, guys we have more serious problems that this !

Agreed...but respect is generally a two way thing.

There have been all kinds of crap posted about his family and business. He's apparently a mother's boy with a failing business apparently. What a load of irrelevant and indefensible nonsense.

I've not seen any of that. If it's true it was wrong to do so.

One question though, If this board was such a terrible traumatic place for him why did/does he keep visiting it. It's not like there's any shortage of other outlets for him.

FFS Frankie, your support is admirable but you're talking nonsense.

I don't think D'Art would bad mouth RM on the internet like Chris and then come crawling back to get ED banned. Why don't you tell us who was involved in asking for him to be banned?

Actions like this make the clique disliked. If involved, you face the music.

I'm afraid people were talking about Chris' personal life long before he started slagging off this place.

Neither are acceptable. That's the point I've made throughout.

One question though, If this board was such a terrible traumatic place for him why did/does he keep visiting it. It's not like there's any shortage of other outlets for him.

Because he still has a number of folk who respect he has an opinion whether we agree or other wise.

Now what about this Jane Lewis what did she say or do...?

Because, I'm sure like the rest of us, he got fed up with the crap so reacted. He shouldn't have but it's understandable to a degree.