What's Mather done to be a target

Smile

Why's Mather such a target for McColl ?

Is it overspending ? or does he think he's Greens man on the board.

I cant see what Mather done wrong in all this, he invested a million quid of his own money can any of them say that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like its guilt by association

Though I have no problem with Mather

I have no problem with Mather. He might be a perfectly nice guy, but he is in no way qualified to be doing the job that he is. He simply should never have been appointed to a position of that stature.

I have no problem with Mather. He might be a perfectly nice guy, but he is in no way qualified to be doing the job that he is. He simply should never have been appointed to a position of that stature.

Would you say Paul Murray is qualified?

Even if that's correct what exactly has he done wrong in the job?

He might not have done anything wrong as such, he just should never have been appointed in the first place. Not doing anything wrong, and being of suitable calibre for the position and being able to drive the company forward, are two completely different things.

No harm to the guy. Questions should be asked of those involved in the selection process. He seems to have got the gig purely because he was on the scene. Right place at the right time. Another posted stated elsewhere that apparently he didn't really want the job but that he took it to stop someone else getting it. Is that the kind of people you want in charge at Rangers?

Would you say Paul Murray is qualified?

As I have said elsewhere, I am not familiar with PM's background so I couldn't say whether he is qualified or not. I feel the main players are FB and JM.

He might not have done anything wrong as such, he just should never have been appointed in the first place. Not doing anything wrong, and being of suitable calibre for the position and being able to drive the company forward, are two completely different things.

No harm to the guy. Questions should be asked of those involved in the selection process. He seems to have got the gig purely because he was on the scene. Right place at the right time. Another posted stated elsewhere that apparently he didn't really want the job but that he took it to stop someone else getting it. Is that the kind of people you want in charge at Rangers?

He took the job on an interim basis after Green left to allow a suitable candidate to be found, then everyone on the board including Walter Smith decided that he'd done such a good job he deserved the role permanenty.

I don't really see the issue.

I'd prefer a guy who's put his money were his mouth over a couple of tyre kickers, simplistic terms but you get nothing for nothing.

Why's Mather such a target for McColl ?

Is it overspending ? or does he think he's Greens man on the board.

I cant see what Mather done wrong in all this, he invested a million quid of his own money can any of them say that.

Just an opinion but i think it has to do with overspending and signs of weakness.(re the Charles Green situation) (tu)

Just an opinion but i think it has to do with overspending and signs of weakness.(re the Charles Green situation) (tu)

I think we have overspent to be honest but mainly on the bit part players which are not really needed.

McColl could have purchased Rangers before Green etc got involved then Rangers could have paid him back his money with interest over a period of time, I have not spoken to any Rangers supporter that if they had had the wealth that McColl is supposed to have would not have saved the club.

Mather bought a new big shiney baw and it's his game the noo.

McColl bought a much smaller baw but wants to grab Mather's big shiney baw for nothing and take over the game.

Mather has the baw and it's his game wi his pals.

McColl gets a squad o mates the gither and threatens Mather and his pals wi his pals who he thinks are better.

Mather continues to play wi his baw and his mates.

McColl runs aboot shouting rude things about Mather and his mates to anyone who he thinks might listen, and how they're gonny burst the big shiney baw if they keep kicking it the way they are at the moment.

Mather continues to play wi his baw and his mates no givin a f**k.

McColl's next move is yet to be made but odds are on a square go in the Albion car park.

During the square go, watched by all of Mathers and McColls mates, a couple of really big boys turn up when nobody's watching and steal both baws.

Then both baws get burst, the big boys run away and Mather and McColl run away home greetin'

The End

He took the job on an interim basis after Green left to allow a suitable candidate to be found, then everyone on the board including Walter Smith decided that he'd done such a good job he deserved the role permanenty.

I don't really see the issue.

Exactly. I don't believe many of the board are suitable candidates for the positions they are in. Just because someone invests money in a company doesn't make them suitable candidates to run the thing.

Can you tell me who on the board is of similar stature to Jim McColl of Frank Blin?

We don't know how good a job he is doing until the accounts are published. The CEO is always accountable for a poorly performing company.

I like him, however him continuing in his role depends on his performance not on my gut feeling about him and not on how much he has invested.