Does the RST now do more harm than good?

thehost

A Trust, with the primary aim of fan ownership, has now descended into active politics and contributed to the destabilisation of the club in the hope of aiding a certain faction complete a hostile takeover.

Where in the RST aims is this type of action covered?

Whilst we are on the subject how many people are involved in these continuous joint statements?

I've never been asked, as a trust member and RSA's have never been asked either.

In short less than a bakers dozen are pretending to talk for multiple thousands of fans.

Is this acceptable?

Are you happy for people to pretend they represent anything other than a few lone voices?

Is it not our duty to point out, to the current board, that a few fanatics have run an erstwhile respected group to nothing more than a vehicle for potential self aggrandisement.

Be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be careful as to comments re rst, only thing I can say....................I disagree with the Thread Title..................in the inclusion of the word Now.

Start of Saturday afternoon and the good old Glasgow Banter is in evidence :7325:

Just trying to lighten my comment ;)

Another point , re the recent comment by the Board re a proper fan membership, could this be them firing a shot towards the rst to say...............your days are numbered. After all if the Ltd Company set up this membership scheme the rst would be null and void and perhaps the current board of the rst could be banned from holding a similar position in this Ltd Co set up as to give that fresh outlook.

This is a genuine reply to the OP.

The RST are a busted flush, ran by a small clique for their own benefit.

The fact that they are actively involved and have openly chosen a side in the ongoing 'civil war' must surely be the final straw for them.

The very name RST, their links to FF and Dingwall are now perceived as toxic by many Rangers fans and the fact they refuse to acknowledge this and respond in a manner which would be in the best interests of the club confirms many peoples fears about them imho.

The only way ahead for 'fan ownership' is a new 'official' group endorsed and managed from within the club itself with someone like Walter Smith or John Greig as a figurehead, that way fans could set up a direct debit or pay directly into a central fund, confident that the money would be used to purchase a stake/shares in the club and untainted by allegations for/against any particulat fans group/forum.

A membership of <2K makes them irrelevant and hardly worth discussing.

If all the clubs in NI say got together and founded 'Rangers Supporters - Northern Ireland' or some such name - they would have more members and a lot more relevance than the RST. IMO if the RST is run by people who care about Rangers they would disband their disruptive body forthwith.

Yes, they do more harm than good.

Now I'm not a RST fan either, but, if they are not to be listened to etc...

Why do they always seem to get the ears of the Board,with Toxic Irvine again on board we will see some interesting kick back from him in the coming weeks, wonder if he will turn on the RST?

Now I'm not a RST fan either, but, if they are not to be listened to etc...

Why do they always seem to get the ears of the Board,with Toxic Irvine again on board we will see some interesting kick back from him in the coming weeks, wonder if he will turn on the RST?

What exactly is the score with Irvine?

What's his background etc?

On top of which is apparent manipulation of fan groups to sing songs or show banners in opposition to whoever they deem unsuitable (ie Bill Millar, CG), which then get broadcast & misrepresented as the wishes of the majority.

A Trust, with the primary aim of fan ownership, has now descended into active politics and contributed to the destabilisation of the club in the hope of aiding a certain faction complete a hostile takeover.

Where in the RST aims is this type of action covered?

Whilst we are on the subject how many people are involved in these continuous joint statements?

I've never been asked, as a trust member and RSA's have never been asked either.

In short less than a bakers dozen are pretending to talk for multiple thousands of fans.

Is this acceptable?

Are you happy for people to pretend they represent anything other than a few lone voices?

Is it not our duty to point out, to the current board, that a few fanatics have run an erstwhile respected group to nothing more than a vehicle for potential self aggrandisement.

Be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Agree 100%. This isn't a Supporters Trust, it's a self-interest group involved in a transparent "you scratch my back agreement" with a chancer. Nothing more.

Agree 100%. This isn't a Supporters Trust, it's a self-interest group involved in a transparent "you scratch my back agreement" with a chancer. Nothing more.

It's the emperor's new clothes and I think it needs pointed out to a wider audience than a forum.

The normal fan needs to be made aware of how things are being manipulated.

I spoke to a guy last night who I haven't seen for ages and he was proudly telling me how he was a shareholder

We got chatting and it turns out he bought in to the trust scheme

He was completely oblivious to the fact the shares were not his and he had absolutely no say in any AGM or that he was incapable of influencing anything

He was also unaware that he couldn't just get his money back if he wanted

I wonder how many other people are in that position?

What exactly is the score with Irvine?

What's his background etc?

Are you kidding Swally!

This was Whytes mouthpiece and LIED to us even before Whyte got the job.

This guy is toxic, and it's a slap in the face to the fans, to allow the present Board to try and keep their jobs .

Another, on the payroll. Get him to Fuck.

I spoke to a guy last night who I haven't seen for ages and he was proudly telling me how he was a shareholder

He was completely oblivious to the fact the shares were not his and he had absolutely no say in any AGM or that he was incapable of influencing anything

Small print loyal

I take it that this guy is also the thickest guy you know?

On top of which is apparent manipulation of fan groups to sing songs or show banners in opposition to whoever they deem unsuitable (ie Bill Millar, CG), which then get broadcast & misrepresented as the wishes of the majority.

Not to mention F--- off MA and the naming rights protests.

TRS are trouble and very very Divisive indeed.

Supporters groups are supposed to represent fans not isolate them.

This was the problem under DM too.

Not to mention F--- off MA and the naming rights protests.

TRS are trouble and very very Divisive indeed.

Supporters groups are supposed to represent fans not isolate them.

This was the problem under DM too.

That sentiment will be lost on the sheeple.

The Bill Miller banners were organised by Andy Smillie.