Thought they were Raking it In?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wage bill of £34m caught my eye !!!

Money talks in football and that's the ball park we need to be in to get to the top

Absolute nonsense! It's that kind of thinking that led to all the issues we have suffered! Overpaying for mediocracy MUST be a thing of the past! Celtic have too big a squad filled with alot of average players like we have in the past and you could argue now albeit on a lesser scale!

A bit on Coop membership...

_-

----Membership has something special to offer everyone!

Membership

sits at the heart of The Co-operative Group – it’s what makes us very different from other businesses and it’s what 5 million of you are proud to be a part of.

But what exactly is membership all about? And what can it offer you? Well, as a member you’re part of a group of people – a real community – who share the same goals, have a say in how The Co-operative Group is run, and enjoy a share of the profits.

Sharing the profits

As a member, every time you buy something from The Co-operative’s family of businesses, you earn points. Twice a year the points are then added up and you receive your share of the profits as cash. And that’s not all, you’ll also get loads of exclusive offers too!

Supporting your community

Membership also means being involved in The Co-operative Membership Community Fund. This fund helps all sorts of projects in local communities. You can help the fund by donating your share of the profits – that’s what many people do.

You can play a more hands-on role in helping your community too if you like. There are local events run by members you can get involved with, alternatively you can organise your own group or event.

Changing the world

We also run global campaigns tackling important issues, like human rights and climate change. And it’s easy for you to play a part.

For instance, you could come along to one of our movie premiers. We organise these exclusively for members to highlight the plight of an issue we’re working on. You can also add your voice to a campaign by signing up to support it or joining an online discussion.

Having your say

Because we’re owned by our members, we give you the chance to have a say in how the business is run. You can help shape the way we do business, the policies we create and how we help local communities.

We’ve member representatives across all regions who speak on the behalf of local people. You can even stand for election yourself.

So, if you share our values and principles, why not come and join us?

How much does it cost to become a member?

£1 is deducted from your first share of the profits payment and held in a share account. If you choose to cancel your membership, your £1 is returned or donated to The Co-operative Membership Community Fund.

Boycott? I hope not the co-op just down the road from work

tell you what i went to the local co-op sat, fuckin expensive for food, bog roll you no daily stuff, tesco is so competitive, but my point is 1. is co-op not loosing tens of millions and 2. are we the punters paying through the nose to subsidise the tims?

Absolute nonsense! It's that kind of thinking that led to all the issues we have suffered! Overpaying for mediocracy MUST be a thing of the past! Celtic have too big a squad filled with alot of average players like we have in the past and you could argue now albeit on a lesser scale!

and if the tramps dont beat the orange borats, they are 20 mill down, there fookd

When you go onto the link there is a story at the bottom of the page, look's like their could be more to the OP find.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Finance/article1290467.ece

TWO Wall Street vulture funds have seized control of part of the Co-operative Bank’s finances, raising fears that a £1.5bn rescue plan for the lender could be derailed.

Aurelius Capital Management and Silver Point Capital have amassed a controlling stake in one set of the bank’s loans, giving them a powerful voice in the bailout negotiations.

The funds could use their position to force higher losses on the thousands of small investors who stand to lose out as a result of the rescue plan. The tier 2 bonds bought by them outrank the securities sold to small investors.

Im now hearing 34m is what their Overdraft is, doesn't mean they are 34m in Debt :(

I'm sure Liewell came out and said they had no debt not long ago wether he's telling the truth or not I don't know do plc's need to publish their yearly account to the public ?

I really hope they don't get champions league football this season, get bombed out the Europa league from the group stages then they give that ginger twat access to the full 34 million tools sure they get in the champions league next season

Can you imagine the crap he would buy then hopefully co-op ask for all money bk then they need to sell all their players give them a taste of their own medicine lol

Apparently mortgages on Lennoxtown and parkhead. According pzj on mcmurdos blog.

Apparently they mortgaged off Lennoxtown for 10 million right after the Artmedia 5-0 humiliation, this helped wee chezny win 3 in a row, there was a companies house document doing the rounds awhile back.

They do have debt, there was a thread on it not to long ago, only kind of half looked at it cause who the fuck is interested in them. What I can remember, their debt is held by a company which they set up to deal with this.

Could be wrong but did Uefa not make a ruling that zero and low interest loans were a form of cheating, I'm sure they battered a team in Italy for it. Anyway in my opinion it's akin to financial doping.

Apparently they mortgaged off Lennoxtown for 10 million right after the Artmedia 5-0 humiliation, this helped wee chezny win 3 in a row, there was a companies house document doing the rounds awhile back.

Apparently both these debts are on interest ionly terms so paying fuck all of it off. They owe DD £20m Iin soft loans at 6% pa interest only. So currently £55m minimum debt - but not crucially according to slit eyes "ahem bank debt." I think is slit eyes term for an overdraft.

If you think we can compete in Europe on our current wage level your deluded - we have to work within our means but to be regularly in Europe will require better class than we have and class costs