The Founders Trail Trip To Rosneath Sunday 27th October.

2z7lojr.jpg

As we continue to promote and celebrate the lives of our Founders we’re delighted to announce a guided bus tour into ‘ Founders Country’.We ran our first ever Founders Trail to Garelochhead and Rosneath in March, and it was a huge success.

As we make our way from Glasgow to the Gareloch we’ll also visit the final resting place of Tom Vallance.

The Tour will depart from Ibrox Stadium on Sunday 27th October at 11am.

The Tour itinerary is as follows :

11.00 Depart Ibrox Stadium.

11.30 Hillfoot Cemetery Bearsden. Final resting place of Tom Vallance.

12.00 Depart Hillfoot Cemetery.

On route to Garelochhead we will highlight many locations linked to Rangers over the years.

13.00 Arrive Garelochhead and Rosneath.

We will visit Bendarroch Park where our Founders ran in races against and with each other aged only 10 and 11 .They were also to return there during our early years with their newly formed Rangers team to participate in the Garelochhead New Years Day Games.

We will also visit the homes of Peter Campbell and Moses McNeil and pay our respects at Moses final resting place in the churchyard at Rosneath.

14.00 Lunch and refreshments will be available at the Rosneath Castle Caravan Park. This is also free-time where you can have a wander around the beautiful setting which is the Gareloch.

16.00 Depart Rosneath.

17.00 Arrive Ibrox Stadium.

The cost of the Tour is as follows :

Adults £17

Senior Citizens and Children ( Under 16) £14.

(Please note that Lunch and Refreshments are not included in the price.)

Places on this Tour went very quickly in March and we’d advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.

If you’d like to reserve your seat please send an email to thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com.

For further information please call. 0790 2855536

I was working in Faslane Naval Base recently and on eof the sailors was telling me something about a building within the base itself having some sort of Rangers connection, he couldn't remember the full story though.

Does anyone on here know what he was talking about?

I was working in Faslane Naval Base recently and on eof the sailors was telling me something about a building within the base itself having some sort of Rangers connection, he couldn't remember the full story though.

Its in the Gallant Pioneers book if I remember correctly. The McNeills father was the head gardener on the estate and lived in the house which is now part of the base.

Still seats available folks.

Just drop us an email to thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

Moses McNeil's final resting place at Rosneath.

210j1qo.jpg

There's an incredible connection with the McNeil family and Belmore House.

Here's the story from our website.

http://blog.thegalla...s=Belmore House

Do you ever do longer trips to William McBeath`s grave ? The one that ******* ***** erected a new stone.( which was a fantastic gesture )

I fixed that for you, Those 2 words cannot be used by anyone connected to The Founders Trail.

The organisers of The Founders Trail can only bring themselves to mention " a group of Rangers’ supporters"

I fixed that for you, Those 2 words cannot be used by anyone connected to The Founders Trail.

The organisers of The Founders Trail can only bring themselves to mention " a group of Rangers’ supporters"

agree or disagree with what a few have chosen to allude to here.

But remember the fantastic work done by the Founders trail chaps at all times.

If their is an issue let the 2 parties sort it in private

Dont let this thread go the way of so many others.

agree or disagree with what a few have chosen to allude to here.

But remember the fantastic work done by the Founders trail chaps at all times.

If their is an issue let the 2 parties sort it in private

Dont let this thread go the way of so many others.

I was at the ceremony in Lincoln and seen for myself the magnificent tribute to William McBeath,

The failure of the people behind the Founders Trail to recognise this is shameful and says rather a lot about these people. How very tolerant of you to just skirt over that

Can people not keep their group politics to themselves and their own forums/sites instead of bringing them on here?

I am glad I found out something tonight about the organisers of the trail.

Lets people decide if they want to support or not.

Politics are taboo but missing out a part of the club story, if true, is out of order.

Would like clarification on this alleged situation.

I was at the ceremony in Lincoln and seen for myself the magnificent tribute to William McBeath,

The failure of the people behind the Founders Trail to recognise this is shameful and says rather a lot about these people. How very tolerant of you to just skirt over that

What utter nonsense, the guys behind the Founder/ Gallant Pioneers have done a magnificent job over the last few years. Funny that the VB found it nescessary to but in, why not give info etc. to Gallant Pioneers? Self seeking publicists IMO.

I am glad I found out something tonight about the organisers of the trail.

Lets people decide if they want to support or not.

Politics are taboo but missing out a part of the club story, if true, is out of order.

Would like clarification on this alleged situation.

Don't believe everything you read, especially when it concerns the Vanguard Bears.

The thousands of Rangers fans (most of which are posters on this forum) who donated money to pay for the headstone at McBeath's grave are given plenty of recognition on the Founders Trail.

You should go along and see for yourself instead of being influenced by what you read on here.

Don't believe everything you read, especially when it concerns the Vanguard Bears.

The thousands of Rangers fans (most of which are posters on this forum) who donated money to pay for the headstone at McBeath's grave are given plenty of recognition on the Founders Trail.

You should go along and see for yourself instead of being influenced by what you read on here.

can you prove thousands of people donated to this? im sure guys from here and VB contributed to it but it was a VB led campaign and im happy to say i did donate.

the founders trail is a great day out and anyone wishing to attend should do so

What utter nonsense, the guys behind the Founder/ Gallant Pioneers have done a magnificent job over the last few years. Funny that the VB found it nescessary to but in, why not give info etc. to Gallant Pioneers? Self seeking publicists IMO.

Can you please explain the use of 'utter nonsense' in your post, this looks as if you are calling people liars.

Not on persons who has commented on this thread has not given praise to the tour and the people behind it, but if this important part of the history of our football Club has not received recognition , then surely something is amiss?

Are you stating that the group instrumental in marking William McBeaths final resting place with the respect it deserved, should not deserve to be acknowledged............you seem to have a history in making posts from a rather twisted viewpoint.

can you prove thousands of people donated to this? im sure guys from here and VB contributed to it but it was a VB led campaign and im happy to say i did donate.

the founders trail is a great day out and anyone wishing to attend should do so

Why would I want or need to prove anything? The point was no individual or group should need recognition for something that was paid for by a large number of fans from different forums/groups.

The plaque at Fleshers Haugh was organised by one group but on the Founders Trail people are told it was paid for by Rangers fans and it's those fans who deserve the recognition.

Why would I want or need to prove anything? The point was no individual or group should need recognition for something that was paid for by a large number of fans from different forums/groups.

The plaque at Fleshers Haugh was organised by one group but on the Founders Trail people are told it was paid for by Rangers fans and it's those fans who deserve the recognition.

so dont believe everything you read applies to your posts as well, thanks for clearing that up

maybe they dont need recognition but a wee bit of respect for them wouldnt be too hard to do would it?

so dont believe everything you read applies to your posts as well, thanks for clearing that up

maybe they dont need recognition but a wee bit of respect for them wouldnt be too hard to do would it?

Glad to see you're focussing on the main point of my post.

I've always been taught that respect has to be earned.

Are you really so naive or are you just thick, You know absolutely nothing about this and your role as RST cheerleader makes you look rather foolish.

The people involved in the Founders Trail were fully aware of the William McBeath project they were asked to participate, The same way as the people of RM were. Many members of RM actually donated towards the costs, You must have been too busy looking for crumbs from the profiteers table at the time.

I suppose you don't really get high level security clearance as a run of the mill RST groupie

This just proves my point from earlier, Here we have a FF lackie, trying to belittle the work done by VB on the William McBeath project.

The official Founders Trail page states "a group of Rangers’ supporters" This "group of Rangers’ supporters" also get a brief mention on the trail.