Ally wants Kenny

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As he's just signed a new deal with Vancouver is it, it sounds more like a desire than something that will actually happen. Well just now anyway, maybe the January window???

I read something this morning that hinted Miller might do a Ricky Foster and get his club to cancel his contract leaving him free to sign for us I really hope not I don't mind Miller so much but he's past it despite his goal against England he's not the future lads like Barrie McKay are the future and I would be gutted if we had Miller keeping young talent like Barrie out of the team.

The Scotland international striker, who was due to see his spell in Major League Soccer end in December, has extended his deal until June 2014.

The news ends Rangers' hopes of landing the 33-year-old for a third time in January but the contract doesn't commit him to the Canadian side until the end of their 2014 season.

"I’m delighted to sign a contract extension with the Whitecaps,” Miller told the Whitecaps' official website.

"I’ve really enjoyed my time in Vancouver and so has my family. The fans here are unbelievable, the club is always very professional, and I think we have a special group of players."

His manager, Martin Rennie, added: "This is an important move for our club and speaks to the value we place on continuity as we continue to build.

"Kenny is a great leader and his contributions both on and off the pitch have been instrumental to the success of our team. It's an exciting time for the club and we look forward to a strong finish to the 2013 campaign."

I don't think we'll sign him because I don't think it's possible. In fact, see the post above.

I know, that's what I was thinking as well, but maybe he has a clause in his contract that would allow him to return to Scotland if someone shows interest. I'm just reporting what was said. Personally, I think we have enough young guys and should be concentrating on other youngsters if we want to sign anybody in the coming months.