Drummer Rigbys family will be in attendance on Saturday

Dennis

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put forward a suggestion to Rangers that we - Sponsors' Fund, would cover the cost to bring them up and give them a tour and VIP treatment and was blanked after an initial reply.

Good on the Whifflet boys if they've had to dip in and pay for it :)

Class act.

I hope your not suggesting it for gamesmanship ... should be ashamed of yourself :angry:

That's something the tims will say without a doubt, you only have to look back at Rangers' association with The Armed Forces to blow that out the water though eh.

I'd even go one step further ... no idea if anyone will agree with me and I'll get slaughtered ... but see the forces day we do with soldiers on the pitch ... tell any Celtic supporting servicemen to come aslong too and bring a Celtic scarf if they want .. (no tricolours or shite like that) and make it clear to the fans that this is more important than football rivalry ... make them feel more welcome in their uniform than the tarriers would ever make them at their own stadium....

I'd even go one step further ... no idea if anyone will agree with me and I'll get slaughtered ... but see the forces day we do with soldiers on the pitch ... tell any Celtic supporting servicemen to come aslong too and bring a Celtic scarf if they want .. (no tricolours or shite like that) and make it clear to the fans that this is more important than football rivalry ... make them feel more welcome in their uniform than the tarriers would ever make them at their own stadium....

:lol:

You're honest as fuck.

I think there would be some playful booing if they had a celt*c scarf but they would be received warmly as they're part of the armed forces.

i like (tu)

I'd welcome them personally. If they are serving personell for Queen and country then they aren't likely to be fake Irish Provo loving bastards that give Celtic a bad name and make them hated

I lost 2 very good friends who were die hard Celtic fans and they just ignored the IRA shite as had done tours in NI as well. They died for our country not there team and one has even been on park at Ibrox and love it but you had to get him very drunk to admit it haha.

I lost 2 very good friends who were die hard Celtic fans and they just ignored the IRA shite as had done tours in NI as well. They died for our country not there team and one has even been on park at Ibrox and love it but you had to get him very drunk to admit it haha.

That's fantastic there's been Celtic fans on the pitch in their uniforms. Fair play.

Very proud of the lads who have put this together.

For anyone thinking its point scoring I can tell you everywhere I've been that the Rangers family are my glass was never empty in pubs clubs ect as was a serving soldier and I thank the guys n gals.

There are many ex forces at Ibrox some have paid big prices with limbs and mental conditions so before questioning this gesture of support I say remember our fallen and remember lee Rigby as his life was taken by cowards on our shores not on the battlefield which does make it different to us all.

Lest We Forget

Well said. And thanks. WATP

Wish they would stick to stuff like that instead of their recent efforts. Much better and a lot more tasteful.

Yeah, so do we all. Thing is its easy to get carried away with the negative stuff and forget the good things. Hopefully they will stop the stupid pish soon as it goes against what we are all about and give the mhedia ammo.

Fair play!

Believe it or not, there are some C####c supporters out in Afghanistan fighting for our country, while the keyboard warriors on RM set the world to rights!

Still hate C"""c though!

Fair play!

Believe it or not, there are some C####c supporters out in Afghanistan fighting for our country, while the keyboard warriors on RM set the world to rights!

Still hate C"""c though!

The army has many septic fans but not your bile ridden fuds, they are not tolerated one bit. I'm sure if any of Greenock lads are on here they will remember one of my lads being laid to rest he was selik fan but 100's if not 1000's turned up to his funeral back in 2010. The man was a legend and killed protecting his brothers in time of need against a ferocious enemy.

Very proud of the lads who have put this together.

For anyone thinking its point scoring I can tell you everywhere I've been that the Rangers family are my glass was never empty in pubs clubs ect as was a serving soldier and I thank the guys n gals.

There are many ex forces at Ibrox some have paid big prices with limbs and mental conditions so before questioning this gesture of support I say remember our fallen and remember lee Rigby as his life was taken by cowards on our shores not on the battlefield which does make it different to us all.

Lest We Forget

My thoughts exactly. This story touched us all because of the brutal and cowardly way Drummer Lee Rigby was murdered. As you said "Lest We Forget"

The army has many septic fans but not your bile ridden fuds, they are not tolerated one bit. I'm sure if any of Greenock lads are on here they will remember one of my lads being laid to rest he was selik fan but 100's if not 1000's turned up to his funeral back in 2010. The man was a legend and killed protecting his brothers in time of need against a ferocious enemy.

RIP

AK47 rounds do not discriminate between us and them. Can't believe i.m even discussing this on a football forum.

Maybe some of the "warriors" on here should go down to their local Army recruiting office, join up, and then i'll take them seriously...