Drummer Rigbys family will be in attendance on Saturday

Dennis

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP

AK47 rounds do not discriminate between us and them. Can't believe i.m even discussing this on a football forum.

Maybe some of the "warriors" on here should go down to their local Army recruiting office, join up, and then i'll take them seriously...

Who's the warriors on here? the last couple of pages have been nothing but complimentary

I'd even go one step further ... no idea if anyone will agree with me and I'll get slaughtered ... but see the forces day we do with soldiers on the pitch ... tell any Celtic supporting servicemen to come aslong too and bring a Celtic scarf if they want .. (no tricolours or shite like that) and make it clear to the fans that this is more important than football rivalry ... make them feel more welcome in their uniform than the tarriers would ever make them at their own stadium....

I think this would be a fantastic gesture. I recently saw a video of the forces parading at half time at the piggery and the abuse they were given by there fellow fans was a disgrace. I'm sick of telling them that Remembrance Day isn't about fkn Ireland, it's about troops who died defending our country and other countries to give us the freedom that we have to this very day, the freedom so many take for granted, the freedom that allows the scum to shout bile at the very people who fight to ensure that freedom remains. As the saying goes "if you can read this then thank a teacher, if you read this in English then thank a soldier".

Rant over but these thick, uneducated morons make my blood boil!

I think this would be a fantastic gesture. I recently saw a video of the forces parading at half time at the piggery and the abuse they were given by there fellow fans was a disgrace. I'm sick of telling them that Remembrance Day isn't about fkn Ireland, it's about troops who died defending our country and other countries to give us the freedom that we have to this very day, the freedom so many take for granted, the freedom that allows the scum to shout bile at the very people who fight to ensure that freedom remains. As the saying goes "if you can read this then thank a teacher, if you read this in English then thank a soldier".

Rant over but these thick, uneducated morons make my blood boil!

Have they had them on at the Piggery? when was this?

Have they had them on at the Piggery? when was this?

It was a video on YouTube. Someone forwarded it to my hubby, it was last year he got the text but I'm not sure when it was taken. All I can say was I was sick to the stomach when I saw it

Who's the warriors on here? the last couple of pages have been nothing but complimentary

You took me up wrong mate.

What I tried to get across was that I had the topmost respect for all our guys out there. Even C**** supporters.

I'm bowing out of this argument as I believe this is a wonderful gesture from the club I love.

You took me up wrong mate.

What I tried to get across was that I had the topmost respect for all our guys out there. Even C**** supporters.

I'm bowing out of this argument as I believe this is a wonderful gesture from the club I love.

Ah sorry for picking you up wrong (tu)

Don't see any problem with this as long it does not deteriorate like last Remembrance Day which became a bit xenophobic. Some of our fans e.g. UB cannot help but try and and make political points.

That's fucking horrendous, last years remembrance show was good natured, and at times lively, but it was with the best of intentions and the forces men loved it.

I know that for a fact.

The UB created a fantastic atmosphere along with the forces and allowed us to show our support. I could agree that it was not in remembrance tradition but xenophobic?

Get a grip.

Glad to hear it, no club in Britain backs our troops as much as us. As for the above, point scoring? On the tragic death of a young brave soldier? Feel as if we can't do anything anymore without someone finding irrelevant crap. RIP Lee Rigby, Lest We Forget.