Mather Interview in The Herald

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Mather and always have done. I think he speaks well and more importantly I believe he speaks truthfully. I don't see any issue with the article and I like what I read. With the accounts on the horizon, Mather wouldn't be going out saying "na, no extra investment needed and audit finalisation will prove that" if that wasn't the case when, in 2/3 weeks, he could very easily be proved to be lying.

Mather is not just the CEO but an investor. He has an active interest in all areas of the club and to think he isn't working as hard and as well as he possibly can is, in my mind, ludicrous.

Albion Car Park was purchased for £1.6 million and Edmiston House for £1.0 million.

Although both may be considered an investment, why did we have to buy them at this particular time considering our other financial commitments?

Were these amounts the current market value for this type of property?

Who did we purchase them from?

I will slander the cunt until he stops talking pish to Rangers fans and people like believing it.

You do that and just illustrate your lack of intelligence! Why not seek some answers in a calm and reasoned way instead of jumping the gun and throwing about accusations!

Mather comes across as one of the most committed and well motivated characters on the stage that is the Ibrox boardroom just now. WS spoke well of him. AMcC has stated he is happy with the support he has received. McColl has not countered his assertions that he and McColl get on well and respect each other. Given his actions to date he comes across as his own man. Not tied to any particular group- just the Club via his £1 million investment. Ok he is now very well remunerated, and yes he speaks of discussions regards altering remuneration levels- all he now has to do is act decisively and cut his pay and encourage other high earners to do so- and he will begin to win my trust.

Albion Car Park was purchased for £1.6 million and Edmiston House for £1.0 million.

Although both may be considered an investment, why did we have to buy them at this particular time considering our other financial commitments?

Were these amounts the current market value for this type of property?

Who did we purchase them from?

to save on expensive lease agreements i believe, paying 500k a year or more to simply rent them is pointless now that we could afford them

to save on expensive lease agreements i believe, paying 500k a year or more to simply rent them is pointless now that we could afford them

Were we renting Edmiston House?

It's just that that there never appears to be any activity taking place whenever i have passed it.

The reason i have asked these questions is that someone mentioned to me that prior to our purchase they were owned by David Murray.

If in actual fact this was the case could there have been any behind the scene pre-agreement to purchase them following liquidation.

Did the lease buy out justify the purchase price?

Were we renting Edmiston House?

It's just that that there never appears to be any activity taking place whenever i have passed it.

The reason i have asked these questions is that someone mentioned to me that prior to our purchase they were owned by David Murray.

If in actual fact this was the case could there have been any behind the scene pre-agreement to purchase them following liquidation.

Did the lease buy out justify the purchase price?

The Albion car park lease was approx £400k per annum. It appears that some years ago we may have sold the lease to a property company Capital Bank Property Investments Limited. I expect we received a significant cash payment at the time to fund debt payment or player purchase or whatever. A bit like a mortgage really. We have now bought back the lease and own the car park outright.

I believe that SDM sold Edmiston House to another Murray company called Charlotte Ventures in 2001. Murray used it for a call centre of his. It was up for sale and we needed to ensure we bought it at a reasonable price. If it fell into the wrong hands we could have been held to ransom.

Both deals made commercial sense.

The Albion car park lease was approx £400k per annum. It appears that some years ago we may have sold the lease to a property company Capital Bank Property Investments Limited. I expect we received a significant cash payment at the time to fund debt payment or player purchase or whatever. A bit like a mortgage really. We have now bought back the lease and own the car park outright.

I believe that SDM sold Edmiston House to another Murray company called Charlotte Ventures in 2001. Murray used it for a call centre of his. It was up for sale and we needed to ensure we bought it at a reasonable price. If it fell into the wrong hands we could have been held to ransom.

Both deals made commercial sense.

I believe that SDM sold Edmiston House to another Murray company called Charlotte Ventures in 2001.

Do you think this Charlotte has anything to do with that other more notorious Charlotte?

1. we shouldn't be giving interviews to that rag when all of the newsworthy stuff is coming out of the Bheast Castle.

2. he appears to not have a backbone if you discount his phone call to Jim McColl asking for his explanation of a journo's interpretation, penned as an interview but fucked over severely.

Thought I'd sort your post laughing boy.

Your contributions seriously rip the knitting.

You really need to ( be released ) get out a bit more..........Nurse!!!

Do you think this Charlotte has anything to do with that other more notorious Charlotte?

Charlotte Square in Edinburgh is where SDM has his head office, it's been there for many years. He has other companies under similar names. The actual name for this one is Charlotte Ventures (Edmiston House) Ltd. The other companies have a different name in the brackets.

Lifted from Gersnet.

Originally Posted by ian1964

Did you have a relationship with Charles pre-dating Rangers?

''No, I didn't know any of them.''

Really Craig?

"I met Charles Green a while ago and we have a few common contacts," said Mather. "He put the idea to me, and I've always been a lover of football.

"I've been to a number of the Old Firm clashes and I remember going there as a younger boy and having goosebumps listening to the roar, and I couldn't imagine that it would never happen again.

"That was how it started. I had various meeting with Charles and the team and had a look at the facilities at Murray Park - and it went from there."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18893159

Lifted from Gersnet.

Really Craig?

"I met Charles Green a while ago and we have a few common contacts," said Mather. "He put the idea to me, and I've always been a lover of football.

"I've been to a number of the Old Firm clashes and I remember going there as a younger boy and having goosebumps listening to the roar, and I couldn't imagine that it would never happen again.

"That was how it started. I had various meeting with Charles and the team and had a look at the facilities at Murray Park - and it went from there."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18893159

Surely if people wanted to read gersnet they would go on .............also giving bbc hits.........what's this all about.

Yet another tainted toxic viewpoint.

It is amazing how many on here either have difficulties in basic language comprehension, or pretend they have, to fit their own pre-conceptions.

I've met Ally McCoist 3 times in my life. Most people would likely call me a lying bastard if I told them I knew Ally. I would have to agree with them.

Lifted from Gersnet.

Really Craig?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18893159

How the he'll does that prove he had a relationship with green before Rangers? Of course the man is going to meet green before taking over the hot seat. That was probably the start of their relationship which from the sounds of it includes all things Rangers.