Bad Robot

The Billy Boys Poll  

292 members have voted

1. 1. What version do you prefer

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine having to pick one of fucking twenty versions off the billy boys FFS what has happened too us,we have become a support of handwringing fucking fannies.

The billy boys was sung loud and proud down in Derby and Bristol and Sheffield but back home we just knuckle under and doff our cap to the taig run government.council and police the past generations of Rangers supporters must be looking down on this generation with tears in they're eyes.

Anybody who can't differentiate between 'Fenian' and 'Catholic' is a fucking uneducated bampot, so for me the answer is simple; It's the original that we have belted out for for decades that should be heard, although that will be unlikely in "Modern day Scotland".

I would even quite happily belt out; "We're up to our knees in Shettlestons" as a substitute,though. :uk::pipe:

How fucking embarrassing and juvenile is this thread?! Debating over 20, yes 20 ffs, versions of TBB!! My fuck, what's became of us?! There is but one version of TBB that is acceptable to us all, and that's the version we've sung on the hallowed terraces and stands of Ibrox for decades! Don't you see? By debating, tweaking words and lines, we've surrendered to sensitive souls with selective hearing that are popping up all over Scotland in an ever increasing, and ever louder, fashion. Emboldened by a Scottish 'government', judiciary, police force, education system, bursting to the seams with left-wing fascists and, so called, social justice warriors who want to cry freedom whilst stifling and shutting down freedoms whenever and wherever it conflicts with their version of the notion! They don't know the meaning of freedom of speech or freedom of expression! 

IF we feel that strongly about TBB and our heritage and we're confident enough in ourselves and the merits of the song then we should defiantly sing it with gusto...and to hell with the consequences, otherwise we should just condemn it to the annals of history! 

I know that's all very well me saying that..People have jobs and reputations to uphold. I mean, who the fuck wants dragged through the courts and convicted for a, admittedly, dearly loved song?! So, the question is (or should be), do we sing the proper version with our obligatory, defiant venom or, do we bin it altogether? Anything in between is futile because they'll charge People regardless of any changes to the words! Why? It's quite simple...they want (more than ever) to shut us up and shut us down!!! For me, it's a straight choice between original or nothing at all! 

Hello, Hello 

We're Very Silly Boys

Hello, Hello 

We've Allowed Them To Shut Our Noise

We're Up To Our Knees In Our Own Blood

Want Us To Surrender Til We Die

For We've Became Very Silly Boys 

WHAT'S IT TO BE LADS?!!

If our "ultras" who have taken it upon themselves to "bring the noise", and then shoosh anyone around them who tries to sing,   had any baws then they'd sing it. But they're shite bags so it's no gonna get sung apart from at times when the entire crowd feels defiant enough to sing it or the "ultras" find another banner to hide under while attempting to sing it, apart from that Iit's  pointless discussion

The solution is simple, we all sing the same words in lines 1,2,4 (these are generic lyrics) and you sing line 3 with whatever lyrical version you prefer. As long as it's not offensive to the Fenian Bastards then there will be no problem. It will pretty much sound the same anyway with whatever version you choose.

What with the scums unfortunate success during the week, I'd say this is the equivalent of when a team scores against us; it goes quiet for a second then everyone starts shouting, followed by a quick blast of Derry's Walls to get everyone going. 

8 minutes ago, montana100 said:

Need to drop the fenian word for the clubs sake, not mine.

This is for the supporters own sake. There was a kid jailed for 4 months for singing the word fenian.
Although..where the Scottish nazionalists found fenians to be offended in this day and age is beyond me :uk: 

3 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

This is for the supporters own sake. There was a kid jailed for 4 months for singing the word fenian.
Although..where the Scottish nazionalists found fenians to be offended in this day and age is beyond me :uk: 

What did WE do to help right this wrong?

Exactly!

It's pointless voting on a poll at this present time. What's done, is done. My view is for a new liaison committee to take it to the courts, challenge it and change it if need be making the new version 'officially legal' with court approval. That way there's no fines for the club and no fans being arrested.

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's pointless voting on a poll at this present time. What's done, is done. My view is for a new liaison committee to take it to the courts, challenge it and change it if need be making the new version 'officially legal' with court approval. That way there's no fines for the club and no fans being arrested.

There is a bigger issue than the words, in that I am led to believe we are banned from using the tune itself no matter the form of words. That would be a breach of basic human rights.

I doubt the courts would legalise a form of words, but they would rule on thd use of the word fenian. Not a difficult case to win IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is a bigger issue than the words, in that I am ked to believe we are banned from using the tune itself no matter the form of words. That would be a breach of basic human rights.

I doubt the courts would legalise a form of words, but they would rule on thd use kf the word fenian. Not a difficult case to win IMHO.

Who banned Rangers fans from using the tune?  It would be a difficult case but I feel we need to take this fight on if fans want their roar back. It's the only way the song can be sung without the club getting fines or fans getting arrested. just my opinion.