Ibrox hosts Asian Final

AlBear.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS the same thing. Spouting pc claptrap about under representation and shit just covers up the fact it is every bit as racist as a white only tournament would be.

'Pc claptrap' is a phrase that really means very little. I judge each thing I look at on it's own merits. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. The reason for the event and why there is no white one is as I said previously. Disagreeing with positive discrimination is another matter and would be reasonable. But blustering ill thought out phrases like 'every bit as racist as a white only tourament' is just ignorant nonsense.

'Pc claptrap' is a phrase that really means very little. I judge each thing I look at on it's own merits. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. The reason for the event and why there is no white one is as I said previously. Disagreeing with positive discrimination is another matter and would be reasonable. But blustering ill thought out phrases like 'every bit as racist as a white only tourament' is just ignorant nonsense.

Utter bullshit ( yes another blustering phrase)

Any restriction on grounds of race religion sex etc etc is as bad as the other. Making excuses for it on any grounds just doesn't wash.

Would a white Scottish only cricket tournament be justified on the grounds of under representation? No it wouldn't and neither was this tournament.

Utter bullshit ( yes another blustering phrase)

Any restriction on grounds of race religion sex etc etc is as bad as the other. Making excuses for it on any grounds just doesn't wash.

Would a white Scottish only cricket tournament be justified on the grounds of under representation? No it wouldn't and neither was this tournament.

Wouldn't have a problem with that. (tu)

Discrimination on the grounds of under representation is as bad as discrimination on the grounds of anti-whoever it may be sentiment? Not for me.

Some people are really missing the point or are just over politicising, intentionally or not, a simple case of the club making efforts to incorporate the community. Ah well, thread went better than expected anyway, give yourselves a pat on the back RM posters.

Some people are really missing the point or are just over politicising, intentionally or not, a simple case of the club making efforts to incorporate the community. Ah well, thread went better than expected anyway, give yourselves a pat on the back RM posters.

Personally I'd leave the inclusive community arse-kissing to the beasts across the city, that's their sort of thing.

We've even sent Broxi Bear to Sheik (spelling) functions in the past ... should send him to a parade or the big walk - only being 50% serious ... but my point is that we seem to go out of our way to include anyone and everyone in things like this while making an actual effort to move away from the more traditional aspects of the Rangers community fan base

Personally I'd leave the inclusive community arse-kissing to the beasts across the city, that's their sort of thing.

We've even sent Broxi Bear to Sheik (spelling) functions in the past ... should send him to a parade or the big walk - only being 50% serious ... but my point is that we seem to go out of our way to include anyone and everyone in things like this while making an actual effort to move away from the more traditional aspects of the Rangers community fan base

Our club is all inclusive, and yes that includes Big Jon Daly :), we should be celebrating the efforts our club makes not peddling our personal political/social views.

There's nothing wrong with making efforts with both. The mhanks are successful with that, we should be trying to be better than them at it. They promote their Irish connections whilst appealing to new markets as well.

In terms of minorities, the more that go to them the more it will benefit them. The narrower we are, the more it will be to our detriment.

By all means we should promote and celebrate our Unionist/royalist roots, but that shouldn't mean we have to exclude everything else.

There's nothing wrong with making efforts with both. The mhanks are successful with that, we should be trying to be better than them at it. They promote their Irish connections whilst appealing to new markets as well.

In terms of minorities, the more that go to them the more it will benefit them. The narrower we are, the more it will be to our detriment.

By all means we should promote and celebrate our Unionist/royalist roots, but that shouldn't mean we have to exclude everything else.

Fair enough post, but the bit in bold we don't promote that enough first and foremost. Do a bit more on that front and make the fans feel involved then we can look at including others.