Ricky Burns V Raymundo Beltran

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Burns but he lost that fight.

Honestly think he needs better sparring, from what I've read the sparring he gets isn't great; certainly not on a par with the guys he is fighting.

And a new coach. Too many of these guys stay close to what they have always known. I think nelson has took burns as far as he can take him. Time for a new approach IMO or risk losing his title next time out

That was a scandal. I thought Jim Watt was wrecked when he scored the fight with Burns just 2 behind, so fuck knows what the judges were on. I like Ricky and wanted to see him win but that was as poor a decision as I have seen, he was at least 5 rounds behind and then you have to factor in the knockdown.

Hopefully Beltran gets his rematch and it's in as neutral a venue as possible.

And a new coach. Too many of these guys stay close to what they have always known. I think nelson has took burns as far as he can take him. Time for a new approach IMO or risk losing his title next time out

Maybe, but I think that could unsettle him further and mean more disjointed performances. But you could be right, he's fought pressure fighters before, who at the very least are on the same level as Beltran, and he's dealt with them handily. No idea why he seems to have regressed.

Fighting for 10 rounds with a broken jaw,Rick has the heart of a lion.

Lost last night but he is still champ so fucking get over it. Some amount of wee fuds in this thread,badmouthing Ricky yet have never met him. Internet hardmen.

SaySuhin

Feel so sorry for Beltran. Even Burns promoter is saying Beltran deserved it I think.

Paddy Power have called it a fix and paid out bets on Beltran to win.

I don't think Beltran will get a re match. Burns will have another big match on sky.

He'll get beat but. Burns is pretty shite. Last fight I called the black guy to win then be pulled out. I called the Mexican to win last night and he's cheated with a draw.

All of UK and anyone who watched that knows Beltran won.

Ironically, it's likely that Burns will be stripped of his title if he's out for as long as suspected. If that's the case then Beltran should get the opportunity to fight for the vacant belt.

If Burns isn't stripped, then he'll have to fight Terence Crawford next.

Fighting with a broken jaw for x amount of rounds? How about not letting your opponent to break your jaw. Was a disgrace of a decision, had him about 5 points down, he needed a knock out the last 3 rounds. I felt sorry for his opponent, he was cheated out of what he has worked all his life for. Be a rematch and fleece the public again. The judges are meant to be the best, it was a world title fight. Absolute disgrace.

Burns will never fight again IMO. Heavier fighters can go on and recover from that sort of injury but the lighter category struggle to recover. He might prove me wrong but don't think he will

I think he will fight again. Too much money for him to make not to IMO.

Beltran was clearly the better on the night, but fair play to Burns for lasting the 12 rounds.

I agree. I don't like Burns that much but what he fought through last night has to be admired. Boxers put everything on the line for our enjoyment so fair play to him for not giving up