Ricky Burns V Raymundo Beltran

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Burns was "50/50" about turning his back when he was trapped on the ropes due to the amount of pain he was in.

Hopefully the WBO call for an immediate rematch. Beltran wants it in the US but will be hard to get this fight away from Glasgow.

Apparently Burns was "50/50" about turning his back when he was trapped on the ropes due to the amount of pain he was in.

Hopefully the WBO call for an immediate rematch. Beltran wants it in the US but will be hard to get this fight away from Glasgow.

Does burns have same flying phobia as Dennis bergkamp Never goes abroad to fight :)

I think it's only fair he goes to US if he fights again

Just thinking about this last night. I was at the fight and watched the recording yesterday. It didn't seem as one sided as I thought it was at the time. I think Ricky deserved to keep his belt on this basis. Ray broke his jaw in the 2nd round, Put Burns on his arse in the 8th.. Yet he still couldn't get burns out of the ring.. So IMO it was the correct result

Does burns have same flying phobia as Dennis bergkamp Never goes abroad to fight :)

I think it's only fair he goes to US if he fights again

No chance burns is the Champ so deserves to have his fights in front of his home fans...Its up to whoever wants the belt to come over here and win it. Why should burns be made to travel the world to find challengers?

Just thinking about this last night. I was at the fight and watched the recording yesterday. It didn't seem as one sided as I thought it was at the time. I think Ricky deserved to keep his belt on this basis. Ray broke his jaw in the 2nd round, Put Burns on his arse in the 8th.. Yet he still couldn't get burns out of the ring.. So IMO it was the correct result

Were you one of the judges? <cr>

That's not how scoring a fight works.

No chance burns is the Champ so deserves to have his fights in front of his home fans...Its up to whoever wants the belt to come over here and win it. Why should burns be made to travel the world to find challengers?

All great ( no laughing at the back ) champions travel abroad to fight the BEST fighters out there.

I have always been a big critic of burns. Not through hatred now as it used to be but on his level of opponent he has fought. His CV really ain't that great if truth be told. Martinez, Katsidis and Mitchell are his best to date ( two havnt been world champions) he's only fought 5 world champions past 4 current 1

I admired what burns fought through on Saturday but doesn't mean he should hold his title through bravery. After all he got a broken jaw for failing to protect himself as the main rule says " protect yourselves at all times"

I would hate for you to judge a fight if that's how you score a fight....

Tbf to burns , he won the first 2 rounds no problem then broke his jaw

I'm sure if he was concentrating more in hitting rather than worrying about being hit then I'm sure he would have beaten Beltran

You need to remember that it was his opponent who broke his jaw and floored him a couple of times ,also that burns was never penalised for holding in every round . If the situation was reversed , burns followers and boxing fans in general ,would have been going mental at the decision

Lets be honest if Burns jaw was broken in the second round by Beltran, Beltran couldn't finish him off in the next 10 he doesn't deserve to be Champion even though in my opinion he should have won on points the first judge scoring was nonsense.

So if he wins more rounds than his opponent but can't finish him off he doesn't deserve to win. Great logic there

So if he wins more rounds than his opponent but can't finish him off he doesn't deserve to win. Great logic there

Haha if you cant beat a guy with a broken jaw I say again you don't deserve to be Champion, that proved to be the case he didn't win and the judges scores reflected this, so in my opinion he got what he deserved and that was draw and Burn retained is crown. No logic just fact

That's not how scoring a fight works.

I never said it was, However to avoid what happened on sat why didn't Ray just go in and finish him off? He broke his Jaw he then put him on his arse and he still couldn't get the job done. Ray shouldn't of needed to deepened on the judges scores to win that fight. That is when the power is taken away from the boxers, It was never a draw but when you don't finish your opponent of things like this can happen... That's why I am saying the fact burns was still in there after 12 rounds IMO should mean he keeps his belt.

I would also change the rules of boxing and take away the draw(easy option) and make it that if the fight does go all they way there must be a winner.. If the taken the draw out isn't the option make it that all challengers for belts must get the champion out of the ring within 12 rounds.. Champions deserve to have it on there side due to being the people everyone wants a go at.. If the challengers become champs they also deserve any help they will be given due to there champion status