Are Man U finished?

AlCapone

Didn't actually look as bad as i thought they would be just one of those days

Wellbeck is a fud - that time he was through rooney was inside him and he could easily have played the ball to him but instead took it on himself - utter twat

In modern parlance Wellbeck "has still to hone his decision-making skills". In other words he's greedy.

Man Utd badly need a new influx of players and I'm not sure if Moyes' is the guy who can make those changes. The job is looking far too big for him at the moment and IMO he's too much of a "steady Eddie" type to radically shake anything up to the level that is required.

I said a few months ago that I would have thought about getting a more experienced manager in who would have been able to hold the fort for a couple of years while guys like Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Rooney & RVP play out their Utd careers and then see how the talented younger managers have developed and then look at getting one of them to come in and make the sweeping changes that are required.

I dont think Fegie left Moyes a particularly good squad - champions or not, and Man U don't seem to have a load of youg guys breaking through either.I think when he seen the changes at Chelsea, liverpool and the further investment at Man City I think he was no longer up for the fight and left to protect his legacy. Van Persie won him the title last year, but he is 30 now.

I think it will take 5 years for Moyes to turn Man U around and it will be a sore time for their fans. Will moyes get that time?

I dont think Fegie left Moyes a particularly good squad - champions or not, and Man U don't seem to have a load of youg guys breaking through either.I think when he seen the changes at Chelsea, liverpool and the further investment at Man City I think he was no longer up for the fight and left to protect his legacy. Van Persie won him the title last year, but he is 30 now.

I think it will take 5 years for Moyes to turn Man U around and it will be a sore time for their fans. Will moyes get that time?

Good points made. Scholes and Giggs were in that side last season. Moyes has inherited a badly incohesive side. Will probably take a couple of Transfer Windows to sort out.

The United midfield is a real issue, IMO.

It's completely lacking in creativity. Fair enough Moyes tried to address that in the summer but he ended up reverting to type by signing Fellaini, someone I don't think United particularly needed and someone who I don't think works particularly well with Carrick. It's a pretty stodgy midfield pairing. Both are good players, don't get me wrong.

There's also Kagawa just sitting there rotting on the bench.

I tend to agree the Fergie didn't leave him a squad in a particularly good state, champions or not.

The United midfield is a real issue, IMO.

It's completely lacking in creativity. Fair enough Moyes tried to address that in the summer but he ended up reverting to type by signing Fellaini, someone I don't think United particularly needed and someone who I don't think works particularly well with Carrick. It's a pretty stodgy midfield pairing. Both are good players, don't get me wrong.

There's also Kagawa just sitting there rotting on the bench.

I tend to agree the Fergie didn't leave him a squad in a particularly good state, champions or not.

Again, good points. Kagawa is interesting, because a club like Man Utd don't tend to hold on to players they don't want, and you wonder if the behind the scenes is working properly. I know that they CEO came in for some criticism about how they are doing things in the transfer front.

I think fergie left Man U in the same state Walter did with us first time round.

We needed a massive (well in SPL terms) financial input to rebuild the squad. Man U need that but it hasn't happened for whatever reason.

Fergie and Walter are cut from the same cloth both are fucking shit hot man managers and can get players of average ability to play in a system that not many other managers can,

They are not finished for sure although there seems to be a lack of confidence and belief within the squad. It doesn't feel like a man utd team at the minute.

They had a woeful summer which didn't help them. Think this was mainly down to a new manager and chief exec. coming in at the same time. Absolutely no chance they will allow this to happen next time. They will have all transfers near enough tied up before world cup imo.

Moyes needs to strengthen the squad and can't be buying players like Fellani and he should be fine

Bollocks - he could have retired when Arsenal had their invincibls and Chelsea had Mourinho and his millions. He had to retire as he was in his 70 ffs, has plenty of money and can live a good life without the sort of stresses his job involved

Bollocks - he could have retired when Arsenal had their invincibls and Chelsea had Mourinho and his millions. He had to retire as he was in his 70 ffs, has plenty of money and can live a good life without the sort of stresses his job involved

Your right, he could have retired when arsenal had there invincncibles - but didn't - thats my point, as he was up for the fight then. He is now 71 and as you say has plenty of dosh and may well be looking at a stress free life.

The point being, he is no longer up for it.

Your right, he could have retired when arsenal had there invincncibles - but didn't - thats my point, as he was up for the fight then. He is now 71 and as you say has plenty of dosh and may well be looking at a stress free life.

The point being, he is no longer up for it.

I think he wanted to go out on a winning note and possibly realised that his team would struggle this season without major investment. Winning the league gave him the ideal opportunity to leave on a high. Had they not won the league last season, I think he would have stayed on and would have demanded a lot of money to spend in order to compete in the league and europe.

Either way, although it had been rumoured for a good while that Moyes would be Fergusons successor, I did think they may go for a big-name manager, rather than middle-of-the-road defensive coach with no experience of signing or coaching big-money players (and egos).

I have my doubts as to whether he'll be a success and in this day and age I very much doubt he'll be given anywhere near the time that Ferguson, with his already proven CV, was given to get things right.