Are Man U finished?

AlCapone

Very possibly unless they get rid of Moyes and quick. The man is soooo inadequate for the job, and has such a defeatist attitude all the time. It frankly has been embarrassing, all those years SAF build it up and hes knocked it all down in weeks. His appointment is a moritifying joke. I don't care who picked him.

Very possibly unless they get rid of Moyes and quick. The man is soooo inadequate for the job, and has such a defeatist attitude all the time. It frankly has been embarrassing, all those years SAF build it up and hes knocked it all down in weeks. His appointment is a moritifying joke. I don't care who picked him.

It's hilarious.

Red taig scum.

Other than RVP and Rooney they lack world class players- they'll be lucky to make the Top 4.

I'd argue Arsenal lack world class players Ozil and Cazorla being obvious exceptions, Giroud perhap as well at the moment. Yet they're doing not too bad, far better than most expected including me. :lol:

Wenger is a far better manager than Moyes mind you.

Fair enough, SAF was an instant success afterall.

I thought Moyes was the wrong choice for Man United when it was announced, simply because he didn't seem like the manager to take the club forward. I think that no matter how good and successful your club is, you should always look to bring in a manager that can take the club forward, the choice of Moyes seemed to be one where they'd hope he can do just as good and that's the problem. His tactical gameplan seems so unadventurous - Kagawa could be the most underutilized talent in the league.

Look at Bayern, just won a treble and played some of the best football you can think of, yet when Heynckes retired they didn't look for a stable top ten manager, they pursued the best manager available in the world - someone they thought could make Bayern even better than they already are. It's just a winning mentality to continue to improve and with Man United Moyes doesn't have the credentials to do this.

I read something a while ago about how one of the reasons the SPL became a 2 horse race over the years was a lack of this mentality to continue to improve from the non old firms clubs. The team that finished 3rd one year would never push on the next year as they thought they couldn't get any higher than third, and as a result, they would stagnate finish in a lower position the next year.

I think someone like Jurgen Klopp would have been the right man to take the club forward.

I think Mourinho wanted the job but wasn't asked - his entire "special one " complex would go against SAF's main rule that no one is bigger than the club. I dare say Guardiaola would have at least considered taking the job had it been offered to him. Klopp was a name i would have also suggested, he seems loyal to Dortmund but the job to succeed Alex Ferguson was definitely one of the biggest in football so you couldn't see many managers turning it down.

i was disappointed when Moyes was announced and have yet to have reason to be optimistic, i don't even think he would have been the best available manager from the premiership but perhaps its written in the stars for him to have a dodgy start..

To attract a top manager to need to be able to sign top players and compete in the transfer market. United don't look like they will be in a position to do that until the glazers fuck off and stop taking massive amounts of money out of the club. Uniteds team was aging and they have looked weak at the back and the center of the park for a while now.

It wasn't David moyes fault that united refused to sign midfielders for the past 3/4 years and only strengthened up front, and he wasn't able to sign any of his targets this summer either.

The game is all about midfield these days and united have neither the legs or creativity to compete this year for the title

• 1 month later...