Are Man U finished?

AlCapone

:blink:

What makes you believe they'll react the way they normally would under Ferguson ? I'll tell you what, if that team was still under Ferguson there's no chance they would've walked away from 3 huge games with just the 1 point no matter how early it was in the season.

Utd have had bad starts under Sir Alex. It's not like he was immune to it and the bad starts they had under him generally had more reasonable fixtures.

In 2004-2005 they had 6 points after 5 games, in 2007-2008 they had 8 points after 5 games and that season they won the CL and the EPL. In 2008-2009 they had 8 points from their first 5 games and lost to Liverpool away and drew away to Chelsea. Again they went on to win the league.

In fact that season 2008-2009 the first three big matches they had Sir Alex's team lost two and drew 1 (same as this season)

You may not like Man Utd (I'm not exactly their biggest fan either) but the fact they've done badly in this first 5 games doesn't mean its finished for them and as has been shown in the past they can bounce back (tu)

They've always had average players in their squad over the years, but on the whole they have many players I don't rate at all.

Young, Valencia, Welbeck, Nani, Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Buttner, Evans, Jones, Fabio and Fellaini are not good enough for a club wanting to compete at the highest levels IMO.

Whilst Evra, Giggs, Vidic and Rio are not the same players they once were, Rooney albeit on some form is not as explosive as he once was.

Rather harsh on Welbeck and Jones imo, still time for them to develop as well.

Utd have had bad starts under Sir Alex. It's not like he was immune to it and the bad starts they had under him generally had more reasonable fixtures.

In 2004-2005 they had 6 points after 5 games, in 2007-2008 they had 8 points after 5 games and that season they won the CL and the EPL. In 2008-2009 they had 8 points from their first 5 games and lost to Liverpool away and drew away to Chelsea. Again they went on to win the league.

In fact that season 2008-2009 the first three big matches they had Sir Alex's team lost two and drew 1 (same as this season)

You may not like Man Utd (I'm not exactly their biggest fan either) but the fact they've done badly in this first 5 games doesn't mean its finished for them and as has been shown in the past they can bounce back (tu)

They have shown that, under Ferguson. I think you're almost underestimating how big of an impact he was.

Moyes hasn't even 1/10 of his ability or knowledge.

They have shown that, under Ferguson. I think you're almost underestimating how big of an impact he was.

Moyes hasn't even 1/10 of his ability or knowledge.

You may be right we'll soon find out. I don't rate Moyes particularly highly either but the defeats he's suffered so far doesn't mean he's finished or Utd will struggle to finish fourth and people shouldn't diagnose these defeats as being terminal (tu)

City were streets ahead of them in both of their matches in the 11/12 season and the title still was won with a 94 minute goal on the last day on goal difference.

Don't be so melodramatic. If Utd react like they normal do they've got a good run of fixtures coming up and they'll collect almost maximum points I imagine (tu)

Yeah you could be right, long way to go and they have a few hard fixtures out the way!

i think the start has been tough and its not crazy to think that 7 points from the 5 games could very well have happened when Ferguson was in charge

home to Chelsea away to Liverpool and Man City are games that they couldve dropped points in any season i think,, 2 games against their biggest rivals for silverware and a game away to their biggest historical rivals.

its just unfortunate for Moyes that the 3 games have came in their first 5 of the season,, also think Rooney missing the Liverpool game and RVP missing yesterday didnt help them.

alot of fans will look at the transfer window and these results and worry but i think how they react to this will show if Moyes is up to it,, next 5 league games are WBA (h), Sunderland (a), Southampton (h), Stoke (h), Fulham (a),, they have to look to take 15 points from them games, maybe 13 before they play Arsenal at home on the 10th of November.

it certainly is interesting all the same haha

Moyes needed to get more players in than he did and that's already biting him in the arse. He needed a decent winger and a creative midfielder and he ended up with an overpriced utility player.

The next few weeks will be interesting, but he's had a terrible start to his Man Utd career.

Moyes needed to get more players in than he did and that's already biting him in the arse. He needed a decent winger and a creative midfielder and he ended up with an overpriced utility player.

The next few weeks will be interesting, but he's had a terrible start to his Man Utd career.

He had plenty of time to make changes and instead did nothing. Young Nani Anderson and Valencia are all utility men and make up the midfield, there was no creativity on Sunday at all. Ozil was the perfect man for them and they missed out big time, its not as if top players don't want to play for utd so I wonder what he actually had planned. Fellaini is pretty good though, more than a utility player IMO but not enough. They will get laughed out the champions league if they don't improve also

He had plenty of time to make changes and instead did nothing. Young Nani Anderson and Valencia are all utility men and make up the midfield, there was no creativity on Sunday at all. Ozil was the perfect man for them and they missed out big time, its not as if top players don't want to play for utd so I wonder what he actually had planned. Fellaini is pretty good though, more than a utility player IMO but not enough. They will get laughed out the champions league if they don't improve also

Is crazy that he seemed to be happy enough to have those four as his options without adding to it. His non use of Kagawa is baffling too, especially with them lacking any creativity through the middle. On paper, Ozil was a perfect fit. They've really missed a trick there IMO.

I really like Fellaini, but I don't think he's going to be a first team player every week for Man Utd. I think he will he in and out the team and will play a variety of positions when requirwd rather than be tied down to one. I think Mourinho would get more out of him than Moyes will.

Is crazy that he seemed to be happy enough to have those four as his options without adding to it. His non use of Kagawa is baffling too, especially with them lacking any creativity through the middle. On paper, Ozil was a perfect fit. They've really missed a trick there IMO.

I really like Fellaini, but I don't think he's going to be a first team player every week for Man Utd. I think he will he in and out the team and will play a variety of positions when requirwd rather than be tied down to one. I think Mourinho would get more out of him than Moyes will.

I am outraged Kagawa doent get played more every time I see him he looks top notch!! If they had Ozil just now then added another winger, got rid of a few dead weights they would be a top European outfit. Should just go nuts in the January transfer window and make the changes, if they get in the good players they need and miss out on the league this year then its not the end of the world but if they finish 2nd or 3rd with the same deadweights still there then Moyes could be in hot soup already. You don't really get the time to fuck around at a team like utd!

I don't think Utd need an Ozil type, Kagawa's more than capable of doing that role for them, for some bizarre reason Moyes doesn't seem to rate him though. <cr>

They need a box to box midfielder IMO. As good as Carrick is he doesn't have the legs to play in a two against the likes of City, Chelsea etc. they'll just get overpowered like they did on Sunday.

I don't think Utd need an Ozil type, Kagawa's more than capable of doing that role for them, for some bizarre reason Moyes doesn't seem to rate him though. <cr>

They need a box to box midfielder IMO. As good as Carrick is he doesn't have the legs to play in a two against the likes of City, Chelsea etc. they'll just get overpowered like they did on Sunday.

Ramsey would be perfect for them just now ;)