Excellent work from VB

Carsons Dog

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what I said? If Someone kicked a dog in the face, that person should be punished.

IF.....I'm glad you have finally accepted that it is an IF....earlier on you had the guy guilty and wanted him locked up based on the claims from someone as unscrupulous as the complaintent appears to be! That IF is important and completely changes your previous responses!

Just a quick type into google (dog attacked Celtic) and you will see the purpose of that "story"..,,,every fan forum has a thread on it...."scumbag rangers fans", "sick zombies", "disgusting bigots" etc etc.....it just perpetuates the myth the media want to portray our club and fans in! This is despite no evidence to suggest this even happened....why was macavennie questioned on it? Why? Because they wanted to make it about football and more importantly a negative story about rangers! Some of you seriously need to wake up and see what is going on and what we are up against!

I know mate, other fans fell they can say what they want about us, without replay.When we do stand up for our self there's uproar.

Should be easy to get video still pictures of the attack but unless the alleged attackers were wearing Rangers tops it's difficult to see how the Sun could state the alleged attackers were Rangers supporters and should be challenged to produce proof or print a retraction.

IF.....I'm glad you have finally accepted that it is an IF....earlier on you had the guy guilty and wanted him locked up based on the claims from someone as unscrupulous as the complaintent appears to be! That IF is important and completely changes your previous responses!

Finally? You've only questioned it once. Stop being so dramatic.

I always think that a story in the paper wouldn't come from nowhere, surely The Sun would have checked something out. Maybe I'm wrong. It happens. I hope it's made up in all honesty.

To paraphrase that article -

Whole Scottish football is on its knees, while the leadrship of the SFA and spfl have proven they are not fit for purpose, and the spfl has yet to find a sponsor - while the support of our great club look on at the open battle for control of our club, and while no party looking for control has communicated what they want to achieve - VB think its important to do a character assassination ad a no name ned, give the oxygen of more publicity to the sun and its shit story and legitimise the whole debate.

( btw i feel sorry for the dog on so many levels - shit owner, shit strip , and took a kicking from cowards! - no one seems to care for that 'victim' )

Vb has certain stated aims - articles like this are strategically unsound, tactically inept and it's such a shame so many in here don't see that!

The key to winning is to pick ur battles - this isn't even a battle - it's an insignificance that only appeals to a certain minority of our wider fan base but lets keep on ignoring the big stuff and promote the minutiae! Why?

You really are a little tosser aren't you

This post is ridiculous in many ways, and convinces me that you are trolling here. I'll defend your right to a different opinion, and have done many times in the past, but you clearly had this reply half-written before you even opened the article.

Firstly, the state of Scottish football is completely irrelevant to this - you appear to have brought it up only to trivialise the subject of the article.

The battle for control of our club, similarly, is irrelevant and brought up for the same reason.

The oxygen of publicity has been given to this ned and his "zombie slaying" dog, it is absolutely right that this be challenged. Given that he has openly boasted about using this dog to attack Rangers fans, this context should be pointed out to the 'journalists' who penned this story without (it seems) even the simplest of checks.

As for this article being strategically unsound and tactically inept - perhaps you'd like to explain this part? VB's 'stated aims' include fighting back against false perceptions given of Rangers fans - this is absolutely within that stated aim, I would say. A front page story about Rangers fans attacking a dog, without a shred of evidence except the word of an openly bigoted ned who boasts about 'zombie slaying' with the dog in question - I'd say that should be challenged.

As for picking your battles, again I think a front page story about Rangers fans being violent hooligans with no evidence as described above is a perfectly sound battle to pick.

'Keep on ignoring the big stuff' - what makes you think anyone is doing that? I'd be amazed if everyone has dropped everything to make this article, from what I believe it took one or two VBs a short time to research and compile.

Finally (and I dare say VB can speak for themselves on this) - what gives you the right to dictate what VB do and don't do? The battles they pick are for them to decide. I doubt they'll ever come to you asking for advice on that.

I have nothing against you being contrary and holding different opinions, but posts like this simply make you look like a troll.

Edit: Just for clarity, I have no involvement in this article and no input into what VB do or do not decide to do.

:clap::clap::spraise:

If there had been a scrap I`d bet the taig would have had more than a broken hand & there would be witness`s willing to provide statements on what actually happened.

My theory is simple; some drunken bigot falls over and concocts a story to sell to the papers. End.

Well done the VB`s for showing the MSM how do do a bit of investigative journalism. Good job.

This is when the Daily Record should run an opposing piece saying "The Sun's victim is indeed a hateful IRA bigot" and run the story of how he's been shopped to Police for hate ...

That would work, if the Daily Record office wasn't taig central

Well done VB great stuff and fantastic exposure of a proper bigot. Dont know why people on here seem to have a problem with VB.

Those who do have a problem with VB, seem to be the same ones who are happy for us to bend over and be fucked by all and sundry - whilst keeping a dignified silence :rolleyes: An element of our support who we would undoubtedly be better off without.

I believe Andy Harris has previous for this sort of anti-Rangers stuff and is well known to be a hater of us so no suprise then.

It's a bit like the Aasmah Mir story only there's a dog involved.

No real evidence or proof but serves their purpose.

That would be the same Assimah who was having a pish when Mark Walters was having bananas rained on him?