Excellent work from VB

Carsons Dog

Right up there with the 'Egg Benedict' and 'Ibrox pitch mown in the shape of a sash' scandals! It is actually soooooooo believable . Who the feck in their right mind , dresses their dog up in a Sellick tap and takes it down the Barras? Ok, I mean the animal variety.

The nutter sounds a prime candidate for the Jeremy Kyle show or Crufts.

Wonder if he is related to "Applepine"? Inbreeding should be outlawed !

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment in time the Daily Rebel don't want to know because the screengrabs could have been doctored and there is nothing on his facebook now.

That is what we are up against.

Plenty can see it and thankfully are beginning to act but there are the usual Chamberlains who don't want to know and indeed think we are worse than the taigs for daring to complain about it.

That would be the same Assimah who was having a pish when Mark Walters was having bananas rained on him?

aye the very same lassie (while we are on a dog theme)

Glasgow High I think she attended and was subject to right wing propaganda dressed up as Rangers at the school gate.....cause that is where the right wing folk aw hang out :lol:

At this moment in time the Daily Rebel don't want to know because the screengrabs could have been doctored and there is nothing on his facebook now.

That is what we are up against.

Plenty can see it and thankfully are beginning to act but there are the usual Chamberlains who don't want to know and indeed think we are worse than the taigs for daring to complain about it.

Thats what makes VB a valuable asset to our club. Well done.

I agree. This type of reporting in the mainstream media must be countered.

To paraphrase that article -

Whole Scottish football is on its knees, while the leadrship of the SFA and spfl have proven they are not fit for purpose, and the spfl has yet to find a sponsor - while the support of our great club look on at the open battle for control of our club, and while no party looking for control has communicated what they want to achieve - VB think its important to do a character assassination ad a no name ned, give the oxygen of more publicity to the sun and its shit story and legitimise the whole debate.

( btw i feel sorry for the dog on so many levels - shit owner, shit strip , and took a kicking from cowards! - no one seems to care for that 'victim' )

Vb has certain stated aims - articles like this are strategically unsound, tactically inept and it's such a shame so many in here don't see that!

The key to winning is to pick ur battles - this isn't even a battle - it's an insignificance that only appeals to a certain minority of our wider fan base but lets keep on ignoring the big stuff and promote the minutiae! Why?

I disagree with you. It may seem trivial but it is part of a culture in which any slur against the Club and fans gets aired, but we are denied free speech. By exposing this bigot, they have demonstrated that this media tendency stems from a desire to pander to a biased and/or sectarian market which then creates an atmosphere in which Rangers and the support are easily dismissed as "in the wrong" without any reflection on the evidence at hand.

This isn't a huge individual battle, but it is part of a more important propaganda war where we have been denied parity. I am grateful to these lads efforts but do not think they have dedicated their week to exposing this clown. I'd imagine it took no more than a few hours to produce a worthy analysis that undermines and exposes a pathetic piece of sensationalist, tabloid, mud-slinging.

This cretin and the equally dim-witted journalist and editor who gave breath to his lunatic rant are just pandering to the same market that Spiers, Spence and so many others do. It's all part of the same old propaganda war being played out for viewer/listener ratings and paper sales. I hope to see more such exposes which bring the media's decision making under the microscope.

aye the very same lassie (while we are on a dog theme)

Glasgow High I think she attended and was subject to right wing propaganda dressed up as Rangers at the school gate.....cause that is where the right wing folk aw hang out :lol:

Think it was Bearsden mate, you know that hive of Right wing fanaticism! I cringe every time you hear the made up stories of ther victimisation.they just get more ridiculous every time.

BP9 not so quick to respond to bluepeter's put down I see. :D

At least people are allowed to have different opinions from the party line [if their is one] on here without posts/threads being deleted and posters being banned for life for 'infraction of rules'.

Think it was Bearsden mate, you know that hive of Right wing fanaticism! I cringe every time you hear the made up stories of ther victimisation.they just get more ridiculous every time.

yes she lived in Bearsden (her brother ran with the Thistle casuals :lol: )

Im sure she went to private school and thought it Glasgow high....pretty sure that is correct as you still see the BNP EDL KKK hanging around the school gates...............so you do :lol: daft tart, who believes that pash...

We are talking about a newspaper and media group who hacked the phone of a murdered girl and allowed her parents to believe she may be still alive. The Sun is a scumbag newspaper and no Bear should be buying it - ever.

The article was a hatchet job on all of us, they know exactly what they're doing and they knew the Bheast walking the Beast was a bigot.

They just didn't think Bears would investigate and expose all concerned for what they are.

The Sun is a disgusting rag. I will enjoy watching their eventual demise.

This post is ridiculous in many ways, and convinces me that you are trolling here. I'll defend your right to a different opinion, and have done many times in the past, but you clearly had this reply half-written before you even opened the article.

Firstly, the state of Scottish football is completely irrelevant to this - you appear to have brought it up only to trivialise the subject of the article.

The battle for control of our club, similarly, is irrelevant and brought up for the same reason.

The oxygen of publicity has been given to this ned and his "zombie slaying" dog, it is absolutely right that this be challenged. Given that he has openly boasted about using this dog to attack Rangers fans, this context should be pointed out to the 'journalists' who penned this story without (it seems) even the simplest of checks.

As for this article being strategically unsound and tactically inept - perhaps you'd like to explain this part? VB's 'stated aims' include fighting back against false perceptions given of Rangers fans - this is absolutely within that stated aim, I would say. A front page story about Rangers fans attacking a dog, without a shred of evidence except the word of an openly bigoted ned who boasts about 'zombie slaying' with the dog in question - I'd say that should be challenged.

As for picking your battles, again I think a front page story about Rangers fans being violent hooligans with no evidence as described above is a perfectly sound battle to pick.

'Keep on ignoring the big stuff' - what makes you think anyone is doing that? I'd be amazed if everyone has dropped everything to make this article, from what I believe it took one or two VBs a short time to research and compile.

Finally (and I dare say VB can speak for themselves on this) - what gives you the right to dictate what VB do and don't do? The battles they pick are for them to decide. I doubt they'll ever come to you asking for advice on that.

I have nothing against you being contrary and holding different opinions, but posts like this simply make you look like a troll.

Edit: Just for clarity, I have no involvement in this article and no input into what VB do or do not decide to do.

Now I dont want to get into a wee public slanging match with you - but your the one that has went off on one here.

Trolling: Yep been accused of that before - its strange how holding an alternate opinion, and yet stating is as forcefully as others, is seen as trolling. I know you have read my stuff before - and, if your fair you'll know I am nothing if not consistent in my views - and one of the things I love about RM is that I state them! Having a consistent, but alternate opinion, and having the communication skills to state it forcefully, and stick by my guns is NOT trolling - if it is then I would feel sorry for the direction this forum is going to go.

VB's stated aims (and again I'll paraphrase and if I am WILDLY wrong I am sure I'll get picked up on this) are "defending Rangers with all the protestant, loyalist and unionist and British 'elements' " of our support. Again I think you know my position on attaching political (and / or religious) agenda's to the club. However nothing in my reply (this time!) took a pop at those aims - my 'contra' opinion was if they want to defend the club, giving 'oxygen' to the SUN (The SUN FFS) but spending so much time on a ned, his dog and THE SUN!!! seems at odds given what battles we do have to fight! I think (note thats an OPINION ) that they have strategically and tactically picked the wrong subject to spend so much effort on! (Again if you see this as trolling - fine - I see this as having an opinion (even if its is a small minority opinion - of the peoplewho post on here!)

I find it sad that in this context of fighting batles that you, VB, and others on here - think a Ned, his dog and THE SUN!!!! are more important than what is happening in Scottish Football (without that we WONT exist) - more important than the SPFL not having sponsorship, and more important than the struggle for control of our club. To me these are the important battles for our club. Our fan base gets distracted by all the small pish, the small pish (in particular in the press) detratcts from the topics we do investigate, but every time we pick up on the small pish, every time we go to 'war' on a word out of place - We want to see the press investigating the intentions of the SFA, the SPFL, and yes even those involved in the struggle for control of our club. What we are doing is allowing them column inches by reacting to all this small pish.

Lastly where have I didctated to VB what to do - I have offered them some advice - I doubt they will take it, but its out there, I have some decent debates with some of the VB guys (and ome shit debates as well) but in your rant at me its strange that you think I could, or would dictate to VB.

I have one more point to make and I will PM that to you!

Thanks for listening!

Read your last sentence and then the last sentence of the preceding paragraph.....you aknowledge that the origin of this story/claim comes from a very unsavoury character yet you are happy to believe him and "want the coward who attacked the dog locked up"?......

Now I'm not saying the dog wasn't hit but what's to say this guys account is accurate or that it even happened....is there any proof? If that's a rangers fan forming an opinion like yours, imagine what the general public make of it and their perception of rangers fans.....and that is exactly the purpose of this "story" and why it was front page news!

(tu)

It could easily have happened like this....

Proven bigot and Rangers hater has a wee swally and fires on his hoops and puts the top on his dog " the zombie killer".

They go out on the town looking for a "zombie" to attack and maybe get a new bone for the dog ( the one in the vb articles pic has maybe got a bit small)

The proven bigot and Rangers hater finds a target and tries to get stuck in, takes second prize in the fight...and when the dog tried to attack the Rangers fan it took a kick in the ribs while the Rangers fan defended himself from a proven bigot and Rangers hater, and a dog nicknamed the zombie killer.

IF it even happened at all.

(tu)

Proven bigot and Rangers hater has a wee swally and fires on his hoops and puts the top on his dog " the zombie killer".

They go out on the town looking for a "zombie" to attack and maybe get a new bone for the dog ( the one in the vb articles pic has maybe got a bit small)

The proven bigot and Rangers hater finds a target and tries to get stuck in, takes second prize in the fight...and when the dog tried to attack the Rangers fan it took a kick in the ribs while the Rangers fan defended himself from a proven bigot and Rangers hater, and a dog nicknamed the zombie killer.

That looks like a more realistic story, especially since the follow up story from the Sun has no quotes from important witnesses, namely the Bus Driver.

Buses have GPS tracking and work to a time table, I doubt the driver would be hard to find.

(tu)

Indeed, even a gene-puddle like him is hardly going to be stupid enough to go online and post: "here I was getting into fights with opposition fans when, etc etc...."

My money would be on a situation that escalated into a ruckus, probably as a result of this guy being emboldened by his possession of a dog, and the mutt gets caught up in it through no fault of its own.

Can you prove it did not get attacked? What i think is that it is just highlighting the ugly side of Glasgow and sectarianism on both sides of the coin (if stories are accurate). It sounds like a bunch of arseholes and a dog.

Sectarianism against a fucking dog? Are dogs part of a sect? That's you wished the papes well in Europe, got yer fanny dripping about petrov and those who didn't give a fuck about the game.

You sure yer on the right site?

I agree. This type of reporting in the mainstream media must be countered.

I disagree with you. It may seem trivial but it is part of a culture in which any slur against the Club and fans gets aired, but we are denied free speech. By exposing this bigot, they have demonstrated that this media tendency stems from a desire to pander to a biased and/or sectarian market which then creates an atmosphere in which Rangers and the support are easily dismissed as "in the wrong" without any reflection on the evidence at hand.

This isn't a huge individual battle, but it is part of a more important propaganda war where we have been denied parity. I am grateful to these lads efforts but do not think they have dedicated their week to exposing this clown. I'd imagine it took no more than a few hours to produce a worthy analysis that undermines and exposes a pathetic piece of sensationalist, tabloid, mud-slinging.

This cretin and the equally dim-witted journalist and editor who gave breath to his lunatic rant are just pandering to the same market that Spiers, Spence and so many others do. It's all part of the same old propaganda war being played out for viewer/listener ratings and paper sales. I hope to see more such exposes which bring the media's decision making under the microscope.

Oleg - Its the SUN and my point is they don't care about right or wrong - only about sales - we are promoting their sales by giving it any credence - I know we all still have this pent up anger and need to direct it someplace but I would rather we just LAUGHED at them, that reacted TO them - and that is what we are doing. (But they are GOOD at getting a reaction and reactions make ££££ in their world!)