Craig Mather Statement

SteveJ

As someone else said, playing to the gallery in places, that statement. I wonder if BawsBurst and TheHost are having a wee reach around tonight? :D

The statement provides nothing new. We still await the figures.

And you expected figures in statement like that? You said the statement provided nothing new. Such as?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The accounts need to be released before the AGM anyway so people will have a chance to see them, I found it very interesting that Blin stood down from trying to get on the board, he is one person I wouldn't have minded being there so if he isn't that concerned or interested then things can't be as bad as the scare-mongerers wanted us to believe.

And you expected figures in statement like that? You said the statement provided nothing new. Such as?

No of course I didn't expect figures. I was commenting on the fact the statement contained nothing new except digs and references to blazers that would get the big thumbs up from certain types (as it was intended to), yet it is being called a superb statement as if it vindicates the current board and proves their worth.

No of course I didn't expect figures. I was commenting on the fact the statement contained nothing new except digs and references to blazers that would get the big thumbs up from certain types (as it was intended to), yet it is being called a superb statement as if it vindicates the current board and proves their worth.

I don't think it is, and I don't think that's why I saw it as a good statement either. Craig Mathers was being very clear in that statement, and because of where the club has been in past 18 months maybe that is the approach thought best at Ibrox, to keep the fans informed about things. The statement spoke with confidence, and that can be a good thing when there are others out there trying to take away that confidence.

I'd like to hear more substance behind the disenchantment with the board, not rumour, not speculation, and not innuendo, but clear reasons why we as Rangers fans shouldn't support their efforts. I haven't heard one solid reason for it; just like I haven't heard one solid reason why, for instance, Craig Mathers should go. Does it help things, this contribution from whoever? In my opinion it does nothing but damage.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I was for the board too. My point was we shouldn't hold grudges against posters that thought differently cos they believe they are doing what's best for Rangers . More importantly some top posters have been banned for fighting for this board.

If Craig Mather was speaking in his capacity as a shareholder, then I would have no difficulty with that statement at all - but he was not. He has chosen to use his position as chief executive to make a highly partisan and undignified personal attack on fellow shareholders. The cheap jibe about PM being a member of the Board when the club went into decline is particularly unfair. I am sure that all this will not be forgotten after the AGM.

What complete garbage .What he did say and if he were referring to Mini big mouth Murray then I'd say he was completely accurate .The guy is no friend of our club .Infact I'm certain the rebel will no doubt be printing first hand quotes from him in the next 24hours .Now that's what he does best .His use of his friends in the beggar infested media is world class ,even if it's to the detriment of Rangers FC .

I don't think it is, and I don't think that's why I saw it as a good statement either. Craig Mathers was being very clear in that statement, and because of where the club has been in past 18 months maybe that is the approach thought best at Ibrox, to keep the fans informed about things. The statement spoke with confidence, and that can be a good thing when there are others out there trying to take away that confidence.

Being open with the fans is great.

However, there were petty jibes, and I particularly didn't like the reference to Paul Murray being part of the club during its 'decline', with the implication being it was at least in part his fault. I have no love for Paul Murray but we all know the HMRC case and Whyte were the problem, and Murray at least tried to warn about Whyte. There is also the comment that he will not be allowed to stop the board from succeeding. Does anyone (except TheHost and a few others) honestly think this a personal thing, rather than wanting to see the club in better shape? We all want to see the club in better shape. Words do nothing ( I am aware of the irony). Craig, let's just see the figures and then plans please.

I also felt the tone was poor, the style almost purple 'toss insults and misinformation around like confetti' (FFS) and, grammatically, the piece could have been written by me, like. :D

It is late, and I'm tired so probably not making my points well. Thank Christ there is a game tomorrow!

Too many taigs named Paul, along with their chief coneheeds and need watchin. However, in mini's case he is so thick and pathetic, we'll just let the taigs watch him!

He looks like one of them as well. Wee sleekit with shifty eyes.

The accounts will tell a lot.

Liked the statement all the same.

As a former US President used to say - trust but verify.

AS I understand it the AGM will be around/on Oct 31st and the audited accounts must be out 4 weeks before that. That means in app. 2.5 weeks.

Look guys anyone can put out a statement..............

geeze you cant fall for this again.

get a frign grip.......before its to late.

But if it was a paul Murray statement you would love it so shut the fuck up. And before you start your shite i don't believe a word any of the current board say.

I don't disagree that we should question the board and seek clarity....a really good chance was missed at the recent fan meeting which seemed to become an ally love in instead of a worthwhile opportunity to get answers!

The problem is some go beyond asking questions and start making accusations and that is a dangerous route to go down without any facts.

You have to laugh - our current board and manager sit for 2-3 hours in an open forum and answer questions - that's more communication than we have had for years - and still some want to talk it down and critisise !!! Some folk want to always nit pick away at the club initiatives.

I also don't remember it being an Ally love in - if anything it became all about the £10m and the season ticket money.

Amazing the hindsight strategists twist even great initiatives by the club to suit the points they want to make currently.

Once the rebels are slain and Mather establishes himself as CEO how long do you think it will be before the blazer chasing trust do another U turn and make him an honorary member?

6 months?

6 months - more like 6 weeks!

1st November - the day after the Agm! When they realise Matgerbis still here and here for the long term - there syncophantic noses will come out of one trough and try to dip it in another !

What the statement shows is that Mather has seen off the current issue, a distraction that he did not need at a time we are rebuilding, it shows he has backbone , desire for a fight and is not just going to kowe- towe to pressure.

I don't know about Stockbridge, easedales or others but I have come to like what Craig Mather says and does and he is one man who is building an element of trust with the support - perhaps not with all sections yet, and yrs he has made mistakes, but he is learning and growing and doing well !

Thought the statement more of a blast than a clear statement of n tent.

Obviously penned by Irvine going by the style. (What exactly does Traynor do to earn his corn?)

Will reserve judgement till accounts are published but I am feeling a wee bit uncomfortable that the one class act in this affair, Frank Blin, a top man at Price Waterhouse Coopers, has walked away.

He is exactly the calibre of man we need within the boardroom and we let him walk. Proven track record in his profession, integrity undoubted, giving his services to the club for next to nothing. sometimes valuable advice is bettter that actually investing cash in the club. he is investing his talents.

Excellent statement from Mather which I hope are backed up by a solid set of accounts. These people he mentions have gotten away with their disruptive destabilizing tactics for over two years.

Mather is in a position of power why not use that power to attack our enemies whether they are outside or more worryingly inside the club.

You have to laugh - our current board and manager sit for 2-3 hours in an open forum and answer questions - that's more communication than we have had for years - and still some want to talk it down and critisise !!! Some folk want to always nit pick away at the club initiatives.

I also don't remember it being an Ally love in - if anything it became all about the £10m and the season ticket money.

Amazing the hindsight strategists twist even great initiatives by the club to suit the points they want to make currently.

No you have to laugh at you.....once again reading part of a reply/discussion and jumping in two footed forming your own version of what was discussed.

You tell me what was learnt from that meeting other than how much a few board members made? What facts or details were sought? Did anyone ask for examples/details of what these board members do to earn this money?

No you have to laugh at you.....once again reading part of a reply/discussion and jumping in two footed forming your own version of what was discussed.

You tell me what was learnt from that meeting other than how much a few board members made? What facts or details were sought? Did anyone ask for examples/details of what these board members do to earn this money?

IMHO all you seem to do is look for the negatives in any situation - the fact the board and manager were willing to participate is a huge step forward- they answered every question put to them but you contrive this positive step as negative and in this case as tho' the board has done something wrong to try to support another negative point you make.

I know it's just your way to be negative but if we win 4-0 today your comments will probably be along the lines that we should have scored 6 or made different substitutions or some other negative crap!

IMHO all you seem to do is look for the negatives in any situation - the fact the board and manager were willing to participate is a huge step forward- they answered every question put to them but you contrive this positive steep as negative and in this case as tho' the board has done something wrong to try to support another negative point you make.

I know it's just your way to be negative but if we win 4-0 today your comments will probably be along the lines that we should have scored 6 or made different substitutions or some other negative crap!

Right I know now for a fact you are demented! Are you taking the piss? I wasn't criticising the board or the manager, I was criticising those fans making accusations and assumptions now for not asking the pertinent questions of the board at said meeting! READ WHAT PEOPLE POST BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!

Fuck me are you annoying! You make your own mind up about someone's intentions/views without offering any of your own or actually reading the context of those views! You are pathetic!

Right I know now for a fact you are demented! Are you taking the piss? I wasn't criticising the board or the manager, I was criticising those fans making accusations and assumptions now for not asking the pertinent questions of the board at said meeting! READ WHAT PEOPLE POST BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!

Fuck me are you annoying! You make your own mind up about someone's intentions/views without offering any of your own or actually reading the context of those views! You are pathetic!

I prefer annoying to negative !

I don't think you realise how negative you come across all the time - as I said its just your way.

I prefer annoying to negative !

I don't think you realise how negative you come across all the time - as I said its just your way.

Wow you are such a waste of space....pathetic....you troll every thread and jump on people's comments instead of offering your own views...I look forward to the day admin ban you...an argument can be made that what you do is much worse than what ED was banned for!