JT interviewing Ian Black

Wilbert

At least he has been man enough to come out and apologise to us.

I am happy to draw a line under the whole thing. He knows it was stupid, he's been punished and he's apologised. We can't ask for much more than that.

as a said in a previous thread, when my neck was fully wound in. he would be a target and a smear campaign would begin, low and behold, press at his door, articles in express, stating un-punished, what kind of example has the sfa set by not punishing him to the letter, rest my case

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as a said in a previous thread, when my neck was fully wound in. he would be a target and a smear campaign would begin, low and behold, press at his door, articles in express, stating un-punished, what kind of example has the sfa set by not punishing him to the letter, rest my case

and before you say it, he put his hand up. he fucked up but has appolagised, ive moved on end of, but you know the mehdia won't

Takes a big man to admit you mistakes and to apologise.....at the end of the day there was no match fixing or attempt to affect our result so I'm happy to draw a line under it....accept his apology and move on!

Eh,he's not a big man.This is damage limitation and,almost certainly,not his idea.

He is dense,he is slippery and never,ever Gers class(as a man or a player).

He will be watched like a hawk now(hopefully?) and one more indescretion by this cretin should see an end to a career that he is so lucky to have.

I dont know what our support has become..................it's now okay for a Rangers player to put money on us NOT winning?????? Fuck right off!

Did Hugh go and ask the celtic fans if they wouldn`t return because of stokes going to a real IRA fundraiser ? No because more would turn up due to their hatred of all things British.

stokes going to a real IRA fundraiser = ok

Black putting on a £5 accumulator = He`s the devil and should be sacked ! only in this hellhole we call Scotland.

McCoist should have said in his interview . " It could have been worse he might have been at a Real IRA fundraiser " Lennon is quick to slaughter us , maybe its time to hit back.

Eh,he's not a big man.This is damage limitation and,almost certainly,not his idea.

He is dense,he is slippery and never,ever Gers class(as a man or a player).

He will be watched like a hawk now(hopefully?) and one more indescretion by this cretin should see an end to a career that he is so lucky to have.

I dont know what our support has become..................it's now okay for a Rangers player to put money on us NOT winning?????? Fuck right off!

Cretin? Really? That's how you talk about a rangers player?

Even black said since he opened the account the SFA have a record of every bet placed. So I ask this why did the SFA decide to act now? Why not 2 year ago whilst at hearts

That's not what he said mate.

The SFA received a record of every bet made when he was reported,which would have been a simple computer print-out.

The SFA weren't sitting on this for 2 years.

As much as i despise the SFA,on this occasion they had to act when Ladbrokes reported him.

I actually thought the SFA punishment would have been much more severe.

That's not what he said mate.

The SFA received a record of every bet made when he was reported,which would have been a simple computer print-out.

The SFA weren't sitting on this for 2 years.

As much as i despise the SFA,on this occasion they had to act when Ladbrokes reported him.

I actually thought the SFA punishment would have been much more severe.

No you were HOPING the SFA punishment was much more severe.

Sad when a 'supporter' wants the blood of a current player.

Move on.

Cretin? Really? That's how you talk about a rangers player?

Right,do me a favour and read this post.........................should never have been given the chance to pull on the jersey,therefore,I class him as a Gers player by default only,due to the shit we found ourselves in.

If he ever acts like a Rangers player,I'll talk about him in that manner.

Betting against my team when he has the honour of representing them................cretin is fucking lenient!

I stuck up for Ian Black last season when he was being constantly criticised , but he's went way down in my estimation by him hoping to make money out of Rangers not winning a game that he knew he would be participating in.

It's unnacceptable & he should be ashamed of himself.

Right,do me a favour and read this post.........................should never have been given the chance to pull on the jersey,therefore,I class him as a Gers player by default only,due to the shit we found ourselves in.

If he ever acts like a Rangers player,I'll talk about him in that manner.

Betting against my team when he has the honour of representing them................cretin is fucking lenient!

I'm not a big fan of black to be honest and although he has certainly improved this year I felt like he couldn't be bothered last year...that said I still think you are out of order and your over-reacting to the betting situation....the fact he scored in the game showed he wasn't trying to match fix....there's every chance it was part of a bundle or offer and he didn't even think about it (doesn't seem the brightest).....he probably was led into that interview but I still think it takes a bit to sit there and admit you fucked up and apologise for it....

I'm not fully comfortable with how the Club have handled this one, but I'm not going to be overly critical, as I don't know the internal punishment, if there is indeed on. I'd like to think that we have only kept him for legal reasons, have also fined him, warned him heavily and given him a longer ban of 10-15 games, with an intention to offload him in January making very few if any appearances.

Ian Black has admitted to having broken the SFA betting rules and has been duly punished by the same authorities who, having considered all the evidence during a three hour hearing, have obviously deemed that the extent of the punishment given to Ian Black is appropriate to the level of the wrong doing he committed.

He has now publicly apologised for this relatively insignificant act yet he is still being hounded by the media, some of whom are suggesting he should have been sacked.

This, to me is absolutely ridiculous.

To use an analogy, this equates to a man who drives a van for a living, having been caught and appropriately punished for driving at 43MPH in 30MPH zone should instead have had his license taken from him and fired from his job.

C’mon let’s get real here, is it not now time to accept his apology and move on.

Even black said since he opened the account the SFA have a record of every bet placed. So I ask this why did the SFA decide to act now? Why not 2 year ago whilst at hearts

Someone at Ladbrokes, possibly one of them, has fingered him. That phrase kinda reinforced the suggestion.

Did Hugh go and ask the celtic fans if they wouldn`t return because of stokes going to a real IRA fundraiser ? No because more would turn up due to their hatred of all things British.

stokes going to a real IRA fundraiser = ok

Black putting on a £5 accumulator = He`s the devil and should be sacked ! only in this hellhole we call Scotland.

McCoist should have said in his interview . " It could have been worse he might have been at a Real IRA fundraiser " Lennon is quick to slaughter us , maybe its time to hit back.

What the fuck is the connection between the 2 events?

Stokes,his team,his followers could all cease to exist tomorrow and it wouldn't affect my life in the slightest.

Why are you so obsessed with the bin-rakers?

What does affect me is a Rangers player betting on my team NOT to win and the majority of the online Gers support(I know the real world views will be totally different!) seeming to think there's no harm been done!

I called the show, my topic was TLB and his cheek to speak out on the morality of Rangers backing Black, when one of his own players was openly supportive of the IRA and no one from Rangers (or any other club for that matter) felt obliged to give an opinion on that. OFC , I never got on, they only seem interested in slaughtering Rangers and singing the praises of beasts from the east.

What a soft touch our club has become. Waddell, Wallace, Smith would have booted his arse down Edmiston Drive

If he stayed and didn't leave because of "stress" then he would have had the chance but he never so get over it. Coming from an Ian Black hater who has forgave him as he scored the goal to make him lose the bet. Times has changed over the years, get behind your players and support them for the mistakes he has done and he has said sorry for it which makes him the bigger man.

What the fuck is the connection between the 2 events?

Stokes,his team,his followers could all cease to exist tomorrow and it wouldn't affect my life in the slightest.

Why are you so obsessed with the bin-rakers?

What does affect me is a Rangers player betting on my team NOT to win and the majority of the online Gers support(I know the real world views will be totally different!) seeming to think there's no harm been done!

If you cannot see a connection your not looking hard enough. TLB will comment on private matters concerning our club, question the morality of some of our decision's, he did it when we signed Diof, when we sacked Sandaza and now when we back Black. The last thing TLB should be discussing is morals. If Ally McCoist or Walter Smith was asked if they thought it correct to offer the likes of Stokes an IRA sympathiser a new deal, what do you think the response would have been? ..... No Comment, nothing to do with us, I would had said, if they wish to re-sign a player that has brought shame to the club that's up to them.

No you were HOPING the SFA punishment was much more severe.

Sad when a 'supporter' wants the blood of a current player.

Move on.

Wrong.

I wanted Rangers to sack him.

I don't care what the SFA punishment was.

I would like to move on but there's so many people on here making excuses for him that i have a right to reply,it is a forum after all.