Time to get a few things off my chest

The Dude

What makes it clear it is not about the old UVF?

Nothing. And thats exactly my point. People always goes on about how all the songs are about the old UVF and nothing to do with the new UVF. But theres nothing in there that would make me think it was a song about a WW1 unit whatsoever, and unless I knew that the UVF was an active unit during WW1 then is it unfair to suggest its about its more modern namesake?

Nothing. And thats exactly my point. People always goes on about how all the songs are about the old UVF and nothing to do with the new UVF. But theres nothing in there that would make me think it was a song about a WW1 unit whatsoever, and unless I knew that the UVF was an active unit during WW1 then is it unfair to suggest its about its more modern namesake?

Yes, it is. Particularly when they assert otherwise.

Downright rude in fact.

Aye that's what I thought he meant, just confirming.

That would be me as well then, a mongrel. I take it you only like fans of pure blood then? (RIMA that is)

He must have hated it when guys like Negri were scoring goals for fun here and Amoruso was lifting trophies as Rangers captain.

Yes, it is. Particularly when they assert otherwise.

Downright rude in fact.

I'm sure it would stand up in court. Kinda like saying 'I meant fenain as in the fenian brotherhood, no roman catholic'. Ambiguity is a bad thing when it comes to stuff like this. I don't think it would be totally unfair to suggest that the old UVF is also simply used as a get out clause by some.

Ok avoid number 1 platoon as its obviously hard to understand for some.

Carsons army is a great wee song, we'll call it Carsons army or we're coming down the road for you, now that song starts with the line, in 1912

And it has the chorus of we're the volunteers of the UVF and we're coming down the road. I wonder who the folk singing that think they're singing about

So when you sing "now the Germans came over in the year if 41" how could that be changed to anything naughty?

The sash

Derrys walls

Daddy's uniform

The fields of ulster

Number 1 platoon

Etc are the songs at the games, there is nothing to suggest they're in support of terrorism

There's nothing to suggest they are in support of football, have anything to do with Scotland or have anything to do with Rangers.

I feel the same way about the dodgy songs as i do about flares and smoke bombs:

They contribute absolutely ZERO to the team and damage the club because of any fines / arrests / bad publicity caused by them.

You have no right whatsoever to call yourself a Rangers fan if you are actually damaging the club.

I'm sure it would stand up in court. Kinda like saying 'I meant fenain as in the fenian brotherhood, no roman catholic'. Ambiguity is a bad thing when it comes to stuff like this. I don't think it would be totally unfair to suggest that the old UVF is also simply used as a get out clause by some.

That's what I like about you, no matter how rubbish and unsustainable it is, you stick to whatever thought pops into your head.

Even when it involves choosing to support, or not, your fellow bears.

I have too much love and respect for my fellow bears to call them liars, even if it would, as you so poorly argued, possibly 'stand up in court'.

There's nothing to suggest they are in support of football, have anything to do with Scotland or have anything to do with Rangers.

They contribute absolutely ZERO to the team and damage the club because of any fines / arrests / bad publicity caused by them.

You have no right whatsoever to call yourself a Rangers fan if you are actually damaging the club.

Jog on Brendan.

Your opinion matters not one iota to me.

*Strolls in* Hi guys, how are you all?

Oh?! Never mind.... :) *Strolls back out*

In seriousness though, I see and understand how you feel about the taboo subjects, but on the flip side I can also see why fellow bears don't want them to forget neither - although joking about it is wrong! Unfortunately, the Internet is a very tough place especially when you may not know the biggest majority of the Internet world.

Some enjoy the trolling aspect of coming on forums and dishing out abuse, others just naturally talk like that. It's one of those things some of us have to learn to accept on here OR the alternative is to find another forum that may suit you. This is not me telling you to leave as I wouldn't say that to anyone. Sometimes I agree with opinions, other times I don't. I don't feel abusing anyone is necessary even if you do find certain people odious. It isn't in my nature to disrespect anyone though or at least I try not to.

So, it is down to choice. If you think someone is undesirable to you then best ignore them and just engage discussions with people whom you favour conversation with :)

That's what I like about you, no matter how rubbish and unsustainable it is, you stick to whatever thought pops into your head.

Even when it involves choosing to support, or not, your fellow bears.

I have too much love and respect for my fellow bears to call them liars, even if it would, as you so poorly argued, possibly 'stand up in court'.

Daddys uniform is another which it could be argued is about the modern UVF. It talks of memories straying back to 41 when ulsters shores were threatened by the jackboot of the h** and then encourages the son to take up the fight to defend ulster like his father did 'many years ago'.

Daddys uniform is another which it could be argued is about the modern UVF. It talks of memories straying back to 41 when ulsters shores were threatened by the jackboot of the h** and then encourages the son to take up the fight to defend ulster like his father did 'many years ago'.

Or he was talking in 1916.

Always you call the bears liars.

*Strolls in* Hi guys, how are you all?

Oh?! Never mind.... :) *Strolls back out*

In seriousness though, I see and understand how you feel about the taboo subjects, but on the flip side I can also see why fellow bears don't want them to forget neither - although joking about it is wrong! Unfortunately, the Internet is a very tough place especially when you may not know the biggest majority of the Internet world.

Some enjoy the trolling aspect of coming on forums and dishing out abuse, others just naturally talk like that. It's one of those things some of us have to learn to accept on here OR the alternative is to find another forum that may suit you. This is not me telling you to leave as I wouldn't say that to anyone. Sometimes I agree with opinions, other times I don't. I don't feel abusing anyone is necessary even if you do find certain people odious. It isn't in my nature to disrespect anyone though or at least I try not to.

So, it is down to choice. If you think someone is undesirable to you then best ignore them and just engage discussions with people whom you favour conversation with :)

Sorry mummy. ;)

Or he was talking in 1916.

Always you call the bears liars.

right but thats not the lyrics of the song is it

Oh Daddy whats that uniform in the wardrobe over there?

Has it any history or medals for to bear?

Has it seen the battlefields like bygone days of yore?

Oh Daddy is that the Uniform that you so proudly wore?

See it's buckles shining bright from the shoulder to the waist,

I also see three letters emblazoned on it's breast,

The U it stands for Ulster,

The V for Volunteer,

The F it stands for the Force,

That fights and never fears.

My memory it strays back again to nineteen forty one,

When Ulsters shores were threatened,

By the Jackboot of the h**,

And Ulsters people rallied round,

They knew they need not fear,

For the knew God was on their side,

And the Ulster Volunteers.

The V for Volunteer,

So son please take my Uniform and go and fight the foe,

And fight just like your father did so many years ago,

For Ulster it is calling and we must never fear,

So take my Gun my only son and join the Volunteers.

The V for Volunteer,

Now unless Marty McFly was in the UVF then his memory cant stray back to 1941 from 1916

right but thats not the lyrics of the song is it

Oh Daddy whats that uniform in the wardrobe over there?

Has it any history or medals for to bear?

Has it seen the battlefields like bygone days of yore?

Oh Daddy is that the Uniform that you so proudly wore?

The V for Volunteer,

My memory it strays back again to nineteen forty one,

When Ulsters shores were threatened,

By the Jackboot of the h**,

And Ulsters people rallied round,

They knew they need not fear,

For the knew God was on their side,

And the Ulster Volunteers.

The V for Volunteer,

So son please take my Uniform and go and fight the foe,

And fight just like your father did so many years ago,

For Ulster it is calling and we must never fear,

So take my Gun my only son and join the Volunteers.

The V for Volunteer,

Now unless Marty McFly was in the UVF then his memory cant stray back to 1941 from 1916

Fair dos, my bad.

Still doesn't say a thing about the modern UVF though, does it?

A father telling his son to defend his country from terrorists isn't a good way to go about calling rangers fans terrorist lovers

But if you want to twist it the other way. A song (which is popular with gers fans and has been sung at Ibrox christ know how many times) in which a father tells his son to join a terrorist group would be a fair way to back up my point that our support (or at least a section of them) condone terrorism.

But if you want to twist it the other way. A song (which is popular with gers fans and has been sung at Ibrox christ know how many times) in which a father tells his son to join a terrorist group would be a fair way to back up my point that our support (or at least a section of them) condone terrorism.

:lol:

Right we get it, our fans are bastards