The Arsenal - Top Of The Table At New Year

AlCapone

"Spurs have increased in depth but lost out in quality IMO."

They lost Bale and brought in Paulinho, Erikson, Lamela, Soldado, Chirches ect so I can't really see how that made them lose on quality.

Those players are very good players who once they get used to the EPL will be a super side.

None of those players are anywhere near the quality of say Bale or Modric IMO. Spurs looked more dangerous when they had VDV playing behind Crouch! I agree that some of them could become top players but there is no guarantee if or when that will happen.

They look extremely blunt going forward thus far - struggling to score in basically every game. I would expect them to improve in this department over the course of the season but I still feel they lack quality compared to Arsenal, Utd, City and Chelsea.

There are too many question marks against too many Spurs players for me. Like I said, I believe Spurs chance to come above Arsenal has came and gone - I'd expect Arsenal to widen the gap between themselves and Spurs this season, if anything.

I think the best thing that happened to Arsenal was Walcott getting injured, honestly believe they will drop down a bit if they bring him back into the team.

Sagna is performing better because he has space to run into and the extra man on the right coming in has been a huge help to Arsenal centrally, not to mention Sagna is getting more defensive protection.

Interesting point.

The general consensus amongst Arsenal fans is that they desperately need Walcott back but it is hard to argue with their results and performances since his absence so maybe it has benefited them.

I think it depends on the situation and game- they will definitely need players like Walcott, Ox, Podolski over the course of the season but the current system, which is basically three no. 10s behind Giroud, is working pretty well at the moment (and is fucking nice to watch!).

None of those players are anywhere near the quality of say Bale or Modric IMO. Spurs looked more dangerous when they had VDV playing behind Crouch! I agree that some of them could become top players but there is no guarantee if or when that will happen.

They look extremely blunt going forward thus far - struggling to score in basically every game. I would expect them to improve in this department over the course of the season but I still feel they lack quality compared to Arsenal, Utd, City and Chelsea.

There are too many question marks against too many Spurs players for me. Like I said, I believe Spurs chance to come above Arsenal has came and gone - I'd expect Arsenal to widen the gap between themselves and Spurs this season, if anything.

Indeed, a good stat is that in the last two seasons the best Spurs team of the last 60 years failed to finish above the worst Arsenal team of 20 years :pipe:

Interesting point.

The general consensus amongst Arsenal fans is that they desperately need Walcott back but it is hard to argue with their results and performances since his absence so maybe it has benefited them.

I think it depends on the situation and game- they will definitely need players like Walcott, Ox, Podolski over the course of the season but the current system, which is basically three no. 10s behind Giroud, is working pretty well at the moment (and is fucking nice to watch!).

Not sure thats right tbh, most Arsenal fans see Walcott as the whipping boy and dont rate him.

Arsenal are flying at the moment and getting it right up the doubters so far. Thats all they can do and we will see how it is going after January. The team is so well balanced and is just one, possibly two signings away from really being "favourites" for the title.

I actually think Remy in January with maybe a winger.

The game at the weekend against Man U will really determine if they are up there with the Man City's and Chelseas

Arsenal are flying at the moment and getting it right up the doubters so far. Thats all they can do and we will see how it is going after January. The team is so well balanced and is just one, possibly two signings away from really being "favourites" for the title.

I actually think Remy in January with maybe a winger.

The game at the weekend against Man U will really determine if they are up there with the Man City's and Chelseas

Is his loan at Newcastle not for the season?