The Arsenal - Top Of The Table At New Year

AlCapone

They have also won none of the last 33 competitions they have entered ... makes you wonder if Wenger is nothing more than a gold plated dud?

Nope.

Wenger is a great manager. If he had left at any point in the past half decade or so I don't think they would be a top four club anymore.

Him keeping them there despite a squad of players which until this Summer has got worse every year for a almost a decade now while other teams have emerged as real players due to increased financial clout is testament to his ability as a manager.

They should have won something during that time, but there are a number of other factors besides Wenger as to why they haven't.

How much longer does he get to win something?

Well considering his contract is up at the end of the season and he still hasn't officially signed a new one then possibly not long.

However, If he signs this new deal I would say the end of next season would be a good time to re-evaluate, especially since they appear to be willing to pay the money required to sign too quality players now and they will need a couple of windows to develop a full squad with the depth that Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham have.

Arsene isn't getting any younger wonder how many years he will have left and who could replace him.

Depends on who continues to prove themselves over the next few years really.

Laurent Blanc will probably end up leaving PSG once they can get a bigger name signed up, Rudi Garcia has started off superbly for Roma, Pep Guardiola has a three year deal at Bayern IIRc and will probably end up in England after his spell in Germany, Roberto Martinez & Marico Pochettino are both doing well at smaller clubs in England, Jochiam Loew won't mange Germany forever but in 2.5 years time that could easily have chmaged dramatically.

Would love Guardiola in the premiership!

Will happen. Once he leaves Bayern I can't really see him going back to Spain or staying in Germany. Same goes with Italy unless one of the big teams are a force in Europe when the time comes.

Can see him taking over Arsenal in 4/5 years.

Will happen. Once he leaves Bayern I can't really see him going back to Spain or staying in Germany. Same goes with Italy unless one of the big teams are a force in Europe when the time comes.

Can see him taking over Arsenal in 4/5 years.

I expect the Chelsea fan boys will jump all over this, but I think Arsenal have the set up/infastructure that he would want to work with the most.

I expect the Chelsea fan boys will jump all over this, but I think Arsenal have the set up/infastructure that he would want to work with the most.

Agreed, though it largely depends on whether Arsenal are challengers in a few years. If they are finishing 4/5th then I'm not sure he'd take over.

There's only so long Arsenal's great infrastructure can be pointed to surely?

Not really.

If a club has a great set up/infrastructure (which Arsenal do) it's always going to male it a more attractive proposition to a manager, especially one like Pep who sees everything as a project as much as a job.

Arsenal has huge resources to spend big money in the coming years.

:lol:

Aye, because they have a history of doing that don't they.

Even if they did, they are so far behind City, Spurs and Chelsea in squad depth that it would take years for them to get to that standard of squad while those club continue to build on what they have already.

Same old Arsenal fantasy stuff.

It's crazy how people seem to think they know what Pep want's as a manager or what he sees as being a better suited job to himself.

It's plain guesswork.

Nobody thinks that they know anything. It's simply an educated guess based on what's been said about him, his methods and what he looks for by plenty of people who are close to him and probably have had access to what he wants from a club/project.

Nobody thinks that they know anything. It's simply an educated guess based on what's been said about him, his methods and what he looks for by plenty of people who are close to him and probably have had access to what he wants from a club/project.

What is the Bayern project considering they had perhaps the best season in their history last one?

:lol:

Aye, because they have a history of doing that don't they.

Even if they did, they are so far behind City, Spurs and Chelsea in squad depth that it would take years for them to get to that standard of squad while those club continue to build on what they have already.

Same old Arsenal fantasy stuff.

Just spent 42 million on a player. Just go look at the facts finance wise regarding Arsenal. Arsenal will soon have 300 million revenue, up there with Bayern Munich. And the Tottenham squad is not stronger than Arsenals and Arsenal first team is one of the best in the league, and certainly Arsenals best side since 2007-2008.

Just spent 42 million on a player. Just go look at the facts finance wise regarding Arsenal. Arsenal will soon have 300 million revenue, up there with Bayern Munich. And the Tottenham squad is not stronger than Arsenals and Arsenal first team is one of the best in the league, and certainly Arsenals best side since 2007-2008.

Tottenham's squad is clearly stronger. First team is debatable but to say Arsenal have as strong a squad is delusional.