You're best worst Rangers eleven...

GOAT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flo scored 29 goals in 53 appearances!

If it wasn't for the hefty price tag I would consider that as a good goals to game ratio!

Stéphane Guivarc'h for me or salenko

The two top scorers off all time didn't even cost a tenth combined of the price we paid for Flo.

That transfer was definitely a flop.

Kanchelskis was pretty good but he was not the Kanchelskis of a few years back so maybe thats why some are disapointed. Flo deserves much higher praise then he gets everybody hammers him for his price tag but not Advocaat who was stupid enough to pay 12million for him. Flo did well but he was not a 12million pound player and its sad that his name is now synonomous with Murrays financial recklessness

I've always had the memory Alexei Mikhailichenko was shite for us. Remember said he was going to leave and scored twice in his last game (I think?)...was sad to see him go after that.

sure you're not thinking of Pieter Huistra as the bit about him going to be leaving then scoring twice on his last game (at Brockville) would be correct for him

got to agree with those who said Bert Konterman, God Feyernoord's chairman must still be laughing at us for giving him £4 million for Bertie, although fondly remembered by all for that goal against the shettlestons at hampdump

I've always had the memory Alexei Mikhailichenko was shite for us. Remember said he was going to leave and scored twice in his last game (I think?)...was sad to see him go after that.

It was Peter Huistra who scored twice in his last game. Miko was outstanding for us in the 91/92 season and for spells between 92 and 94.

He was a right lazy bassa though.

Some of these played hardly had a reputation before they joined us. :lol:

I'd say my squad did? Snelders had a cracking reputation with the sheep, signed for us and was pish. Boli was one of Europes best centre backs and had just won the CL (albeit with a bunch of cheating scumbags), Kutsnesov was 11th place European player of the year the season before he signed for us. Ball was an up and coming talent and had just been capped for England. Nerlinger had played for two of the biggest clubs in German football before us, Emerson was brilliant before he played for us. Rothen instrumental in the Monaco team that reached the CL final. Kanchelskis I've explained on another thread, but he was different class for Man Utd. Flo, I don't even need to explain him. Van Vossen, he was a CL winner with Ajax!

I'd say my squad did? Snelders had a cracking reputation with the sheep, signed for us and was pish. Boli was one of Europes best centre backs and had just won the CL (albeit with a bunch of cheating scumbags), Kutsnesov was 11th place European player of the year the season before he signed for us. Ball was an up and coming talent and had just been capped for England. Nerlinger had played for two of the biggest clubs in German football before us, Emerson was brilliant before he played for us. Rothen instrumental in the Monaco team that reached the CL final. Kanchelskis I've explained on another thread, but he was different class for Man Utd. Flo, I don't even need to explain him. Van Vossen, he was a CL winner with Ajax!

I remember Boli and Laudrup signed at the same time and everyone was far more excited by the Boil signing, with the Laudrup signing almost as an afterthought.

Miko wasn't the hardest worker but by fuck what a left foot, really creative would loved to have seen him playing just off CF rather than getting stuck out wide left, now where has that been mentioned before....

Miko wasn't the hardest worker but by fuck what a left foot, really creative would loved to have seen him playing just off CF rather than getting stuck out wide left, now where has that been mentioned before....

I mind the big sliding tackle he put in against Marseille just before Hateley's equaliser, it was so out of character that you thought something special is about to happen here.

I mean for the fact that before they came to Rangers they had a good reputation, and ulitmately flopped or at the very least were a waste of money when they played for us.

Snelders

Prodan Kuznetsov Boli Ball

Kanchelskis Emerson Nerlinger Rothen

Flo Van Vossen

The scary thing is, if they all played at their best that would have been a good team...

Only Rangers could turn Europe's best CH into Europe's worst RB.(BASIL BOLI).

I remember Boli and Laudrup signed at the same time and everyone was far more excited by the Boil signing, with the Laudrup signing almost as an afterthought.

I honestly don't remember that much, but I can understand it. Boli being one of Europes best centre halfs, getting put next to Gough. As apposed to a player who had to be smuggled out of a club in the boot of car!

I mind the big sliding tackle he put in against Marseille just before Hateley's equaliser, it was so out of character that you thought something special is about to happen here.

Yeah class moment, iirc his debut was away at Falkirk old Brockville and he tried to chip the keeper from halfway but could have been a bevvy flashback!!!