***The Official Ayr V Rangers Match Thread***

elephants stoned

Really? You haven't mentioned it. :D

It looks like Foster is struggling with an Achilles injury, so McAusland could come back in. Other than that I think we're good to go. Hutton will be back on the bench too.

Be a waste of a sub I would say. With Black and Peralta on the park plus the option to shift McCulloch in an emergency I don't think we need another player like that. We should be giving Aird, McKay , Crawford and even Gasparrato more game time.

A bit of perspective for people this weekend who have not been enamoured with our performances and to a lesser extent our results in the recent history.

The last time we met Ayr was on Febuary 22nd back in the 2002-03 season away in the 4th round of the Scottish cup. We won the game 1-0 thanks to a De Boer goal in the 79th minute.

That result was produced by a squad that would go on to achieve our 7th Treble.

The team that day:

Rangers: Klos, Muscat, Moore, Amoruso, Numan, Arteta (Hughes 21), Malcolm (Thompson 62), Ferguson, McCann (Caniggia 73), de Boer, Arveladze.

Subs Not Used: McGregor, Bonnissel.

A bit of perspective for people this weekend who have not been enamoured with our performances and to a lesser extent our results in the recent history.

The last time we met Ayr was on Febuary 22nd back in the 2002-03 season away in the 4th round of the Scottish cup. We won the game 1-0 thanks to a De Boer goal in the 79th minute.

The team that day:

Rangers: Klos, Muscat, Moore, Amoruso, Numan, Arteta (Hughes 21), Malcolm (Thompson 62), Ferguson, McCann (Caniggia 73), de Boer, Arveladze.

Are you trying to suggest we might not beat them 8-0, 9-0 will do for me. Postmen and plumbers.

The team that day:

Boab Malcolm

Watching Little frustrates me but his record speaks for itself, what way do you walk to get there from Ayr train station :pipe:

the train will stop at Newton on Ayr , stadium is 2 minute walk up mccalls ave then right on to Somerset rd , or get off at Newton and turn left at prestwick rd and the the St. Andrews hotel is there or turn right for the Wallace bar (tu)

Can't see Foster being a huge loss

I'm willing to give Foster a chance. He just needs to get forward a bit more (similar to Wallace), and cut out playing balls that get our defence into trouble. Other than that he's doing OK. Having said that, it'll be good for McAusland if he can get back in the team this weekend.

Be a waste of a sub I would say. With Black and Peralta on the park plus the option to shift McCulloch in an emergency I don't think we need another player like that. We should be giving Aird, McKay , Crawford and even Gasparrato more game time.

Hutton looked good in pre-season, but I guess he is now way down the pecking order. I agree with Aird/McKay/Crawford/Gasparroto needing more game time. We should really have some of them out on loan if they aren't going to get minutes with the first team.

Last Saturday was a perfect day goals , fantastic team performance , hard to pick a man of the match.

From the doom and gloom the week before it was a total opposite .

Im happy with three points at ayr utd and a decent performance and the same positive attitude.

If thats what the armed forces being present impacts the team at ibrox lets get them to some of the away games as well !

the train will stop at Newton on Ayr , stadium is 2 minute walk up mccalls ave then right on to Somerset rd , or get off at Newton and turn left at prestwick rd and the the St. Andrews hotel is there or turn right for the Wallace bar (tu)

Thanks mate, any other bears getting the train from glasgow/paisley?

I can understand the constant calls for the young team, would like to see more game time for Aird and McKay myself but it's a long season, they will get their chances, it's up to them to take them.

I think they need loaned out

Aird especially has shown very little for us IMO

I think they need loaned out

Aird especially has shown very little for us IMO

He looked better and hungrier than templeton at the u20 game midweek... why is barrie mckay not featuring is he not showing enough in training I dont know but think we should use his pace more often late on in games build him up to get a start