World Cup - Winners? Dark Horses etc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ridiculous, Maradona never won the Champions League unlike Messi so what does that mean? :lol:

Quite.

It's funny, if Italy had won the World Cup in 1994, Roberto Baggio would have virtually the same CV as Maradona (couple of league titles, a UEFA Cup and the World Cup), and would probably have a more legitimate claim to have "single-handedly" won the World Cup (he didn't and the Italy squad was a terrific one, but they performed poorly and he bailed them out time and time again).

Somehow I doubt that people would claim that Baggio was the greatest ever if that had happened, and it DID happen in 1982 with Paolo Rossi, so clearly Maradona's claim to the title of the greatest is really to do with his talent, rather than his achievements, and that's fair enough. He's arguably the greatest ever. If he hadn't won the World Cup in Mexico he would still have been arguably the greatest ever.

Probably Belgium, but the team who nobodies mentioned yet, who won it last time in Brazil (against Brazil) are a better bet for the semis and a dark horse too.

And those mentioning France ? They aint qualified yet.

I would love it if Uruguay won it again :lol: Love it.

Think it will be Germany myself but Brazil might do it with a home crowd behind them, Could see Argentina doing well although would never hear the end of that makes Messi the best player ever comments if they win it. No chance of Belgium getting further than the quarters I think, might be dark horses for Euro 2016 though with the experience of a major tournament behind them.

Probably Belgium, but the team who nobodies mentioned yet, who won it last time in Brazil (against Brazil) are a better bet for the semis and a dark horse too.

And those mentioning France ? They aint qualified yet.

Probably because Uruguay have been shite since they won the Copa America.

I think the african teams could easily throw up a suprise package

and with the underdog tag will gain alot of brazilian support.

The Italians will reach the 1/4 finals but brazil will be hard to beat on hole soil

just hope neymar behaves himself in the penalty box as the refs will be under pressure

to give the home team decisions as the host nation.

Germany v Brazil final

Spain...

You really would be daft not to back them in some ways - i don't think they will win it but i see no good reason as to why they're not favourites given they have won the last 3 major tournaments. Think it will be them on ze germans