World Cup - Winners? Dark Horses etc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Watch out for Costa Rica.

Thought I wwould like to mention this about Costa Rica.

The Reason I fancied them as Dark Horses was around Six years ago they pumped loads of Investment in to grass Routes Football.

They built facilities all over the country for kids to play in, even girls are encouraged to play.

Compare this to our Government in Scotland they are closing down facilities to build property on old Playing grounds.

Well done to Costa Rica and even though theor Result may have been a bit fortunate I though they Played very well v Uraguy.

I also believe they are baring Fruit from their Investment in Football at Grass Routes.

I reckon it will be Brazil or Holland to win it but I reckon England need to Be on their Game v Costa Rica.

Their Keeper is very good and had save of the Tournament so far for me.

Six years isn't really that long to develop a team though. If you mean they pump money into youth football that is, if you were 12 - 16 then you'd only be 18 - 24 now. 18 of their squad are over the age of 24.

Though I get your point, they could possible get a very good team in the next few years.

Six years isn't really that long to develop a team though. If you mean they pump money into youth football that is, if you were 12 - 16 then you'd only be 18 - 24 now. 18 of their squad are over the age of 24.

Though I get your point, they could possible get a very good team in the next few years.

It's all about Investment in people.

They have done remarkably well in a short time but they had a basis to start as they where similar to Scottish Football of old and they had skillful players before.

They just needed a kick start and they pumped investment into all levels.

But particularly Grass Routes I reckon this could be a start of their program of development.

A sort of feel good factor for the Nation.

It is early days but they seem to play as though they want to For their country.

The same could be said for Norniron when I suggest the Investment thing.