Who broke your heart the most..

Albertz11MD

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is funny in that after some of your worst moments you tend to get some of your best....I was in tears when the 9 in a row team broke up....I remember so clearly at Ibrox they played this song 'here's where the story ends'.....however the upside was the following year brought us the treble and arguably the best football we have seen at Ibrox in my lifetime (so far.....hopefully).,,,

Round about 2001 we sold Albertz, VanBronkhorst, Tugay and Reyna and replaced them all with . . . . Nerlinger.

All class players that went on to do a turn for other teams. Even losing one was bad enough, but all four in one season ! Took us a couple of seasons to recover from that.

:angry: Ferguson to Blackburn...couldn't understand it , still don't. Hated the way so many forgave him when he came crawling back too :wanker: . McGregor, I loved that guy, couldn't understand why he left us on a free when we could have got at least a million for him when we so desperately needed it. After all we'd done for him and how much love from the terraces he received he went and done that :anguish: Naismith and Lafferty were no surprise, people forget they would have happily signed for Celtic not long before signing for us so it was obvious they didn't give a fuck about Rangers

No one broke my heart leaving, but Souness certainly fucked me off when he left.

certainly one thing david murray was right about when he said he was making a big mistake.

At least souness acknowledged it later in life

Even at their old ages, was genuinely gutted to see the like of gough and McCoist leave us. Gough proved he still had many good years in him during his spells in England and McCoist was my idol growing up, I wanted him to keep scoring goals for us forever.

I used to worry about what we'd do without McCoist once he'd be too old for us when I was a kid ha, how I'd love to have those kind of worries right now rather than boardroom decisions and takeovers