Supporting two clubs?

Paul Ignotus

The only other team I've ever felt that knot in my stomach over was Barcelona when they lost to Chelsea, and that was only because my girlfriend was a massive Barcelona fan and I knew I would suffer for it :lol:

I like a few other clubs but it's really just glancing back at a nice lassie's legs while you walk arm in arm with your wife of 60 years.

Which time?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I just asked because it's been more than once that Chelsea have beaten Barcelona.

Or maybe I just asked to highlight the fact that it's been more than once that Chelsea have beaten Barcelona. I'm not sure.

I figured.

She would likely cut your throat for highlighting that, but she would also point out that Barcelona have won four times as many European Cups.

In the 70s I flirted with Manchester City, used to go down to see them, no real interest in them now.

Had a soft spot for and supported European teams who play great football, Ajax in the seventies, Valencia in the 80s, Porto more recently. English teams like Ipswich in the 80s.

Then there was also Arsenal who we had an unique association with, and an almost parallel history with up to the sixties.

In the early seventies was too young for away games so went to Kilbowie every second Saturday and supported Clydebank, though it was nowhere like supporting the Gers.

Back then always supported Scottish teams in Europe (not the wannabe Irish one though) supported Thistle at Firhill once in Europe.

And we knew the Prod teams then so would support the Hearts and Dundeee against their city rivals, this was extended on to Cambuslang Rangers, Irvine Meadow, Petershill, and Benburb (always nice to see the Bens beating the Ants just down the road from Ibrox).

And then the great footballing national teams, Holland and Argentina in 70s, France later on.

Nowadays I sometimes have a traditional slight bias to all those teams, but really only care about "The Rangers".