Causing offense and being repressed.

BigChap

I watched a documentary last night on Pussy Riot who, for those of you who don't know, were jailed for singing offensive songs that slagged off Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church, the world was rightly outraged and twitter went fucking mental with people saying how shocking it was that people standing up for what they believe in should be imprisoned, receive death threats etc.

Now, you'll probably see where I'm going with this, if the world is outraged, rightly so, by this act of repression why is no one coming out in support of football fans, even those at the piggery, who are being handed criminal records for doing nothing other than singing songs which haven't actually hurt anybody in the decades that they've been being sung?

I'd like to see Liberty and Amnesty International get involved with this, I've asked Liberty and they said they were monitoring the situation which means that until a lesbian in a wheelchair or a black Rangers fan gets arrested they're doing fuck all but you never know.

I'm hoping a Rangers fan with a bit of money gets lifted and takes it all the way to the European courts.

Sorry if this shouldn't be in Bears Den.

Put it away you!

:P to adress the ops point the human rights people will never get involved as us supporters are not considered a just cause sadly, despite football becoming much more family friendly the average fan is still viewed with distrust and fear by "right thinking folk" and the idea that we are people with feelings and thoughts of our own doesnt fit with the way of thinking of the human rights people, or the chattering classes who try to make up for middle class guilt by throwing themelves into causes that they usualy know nothing about. We just are not the right kind of people im afraid despite the obvious bias and demonisation we go through.

:P to adress the ops point the human rights people will never get involved as us supporters are not considered a just cause sadly, despite football becoming much more family friendly the average fan is still viewed with distrust and fear by "right thinking folk" and the idea that we are people with feelings and thoughts of our own doesnt fit with the way of thinking of the human rights people, or the chattering classes who try to make up for middle class guilt by throwing themelves into causes that they usualy know nothing about. We just are not the right kind of people im afraid despite the obvious bias and demonisation we go through.

I think you are incorrect here. IF you supported the 2nd biggest team in the country AND were from a minority then you would get all the sympathy you wanted BEFORE it gets to the stage of Amnesty International or similar.

I think you are incorrect here. IF you supported the 2nd biggest team in the country AND were from a minority then you would get all the sympathy you wanted BEFORE it gets to the stage of Amnesty International or similar.

Thats because they use their "faith" to assume victimhood, yes they think as scum supporters they are victims but for people who know little and care even less about football they have to use the "poor repressed catholic" line even thought thats clearly a nonsense.

Thats because they use their "faith" to assume victimhood, yes they think as scum supporters they are victims but for people who know little and care even less about football they have to use the "poor repressed catholic" line even thought thats clearly a nonsense.

And yet when we chastise them for aligning with terrorists, it is us that gets lifted by the Fun Police FOCUS. All terrorist supporters are SCUM. It used to be a hanging offense to show disrespect to Queen and Country. Now, all you have to do is be a fenian (ira) supporter or a kaflik and you can say and do what you like.

The PC State (and/or Social Security State) that Britain has become, in recent years, is an utter joke. Be a minority to get the majority of sympathy.

And yet when we chastise them for aligning with terrorists, it is us that gets lifted by the Fun Police FOCUS. All terrorist supporters are SCUM. It used to be a hanging offense to show disrespect to Queen and Country. Now, all you have to do is be a fenian (ira) supporter or a kaflik and you can say and do what you like.

The PC State (and/or Social Security State) that Britain has become, in recent years, is an utter joke. Be a minority to get the majority of sympathy.

No arguments there from me NB (tu)