A chance for parity UEFA - Sectarianism, racism & antisemitism by TGFITW

OlegKuznetsov

I think you've missed the point . It's not about "name calling". It's about the fact that we are discriminated against constantly. Do you honestly, hand on heart, think that if it was Rangers fans abusing another manager, team and fans it wouldn't be all over the papers and news?

Just look at armed forces day. Soldiers enjoying themselves and the obsessed ones tried to get them disciplined and tried to stop the event happening again. It's a disgrace.

Nothing will ever be done about it here because of the corrupt SFA. Why should we always be the ones seen as the bigoted ones? They are much worse than we are.

I'm not paranoid BTW. You can't keep ignoring what's happening right in front of your face.

Treat the shite with the distain it deserves- don't stoop to their level - have some pride - man up a bit! Otherwise it is just petty and paranoid!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had had naughty songs sang at me I'd probably sing back - or be really mature and throw a finger in the air! If I saw a Hibs fan shouting or singing abuse at hearts fan I'd probably laugh! But I doubt I'd be getting on to UEFA or focus about either instance ! Is this really how petty we now are? It was another Scottish team playing / singing at a team we respect but hardly are bosum buddies with

I would defy you in all of the TV coverage of this teams CL matches with Ajax, Barcelona or AC Milan to find a blue and white Saltire or any other flag, banner or insignia that would show me that this was a Scottish team. I have seen many green and gold saltires and many Irish tricolours but nothing that tells me that a Scottish team is competing in the match being broadcast. Neither have I heard any songs or chants that the team on the park is indeed representing Scotland. What now about your haughty attitude going on about being petty and showing respect? Respect is earned and respect for one's country in an international tournament is surely in the vanguard.

I think you've missed the point . It's not about "name calling". It's about the fact that we are discriminated against constantly. Do you honestly, hand on heart, think that if it was Rangers fans abusing another manager, team and fans it wouldn't be all over the papers and news?

Just look at armed forces day. Soldiers enjoying themselves and the obsessed ones tried to get them disciplined and tried to stop the event happening again. It's a disgrace.

Nothing will ever be done about it here because of the corrupt SFA. Why should we always be the ones seen as the bigoted ones? They are much worse than we are.

I'm not paranoid BTW. You can't keep ignoring what's happening right in front of your face.

Excellent point, mate.

I would defy you in all of the TV coverage of this teams CL matches with Ajax, Barcelona or AC Milan to find a blue and white Saltire or any other flag, banner or insignia that would show me that this was a Scottish team. I have seen many green and gold saltires and many Irish tricolours but nothing that tells me that a Scottish team is competing in the match being broadcast. Neither have I heard any songs or chants that the team on the park is indeed representing Scotland. What now about your haughty attitude going on about being petty and showing respect? Respect is earned and respect for one's country in an international tournament is surely in the vanguard.

:lol: WTF?

Treat the shite with the distain it deserves- don't stoop to their level - have some pride - man up a bit! Otherwise it is just petty and paranoid!

Well I can't "man up" being female!

To be honest I really don't understand what u mean? I take it you mean it's acceptable for us to be discriminated against and called "h***", "orange bastards", and such. I take it you also think it's ok for people to glorify murder and support a team that's hates everything British (the country said team is based) and condones the abuse of children. All of that along with the fact it never gets reported through the mhedia but if we breathe the wrong way it's headline news?

Maybe I've picked you up wrong but you dont seem to bothered that we are constantly scrutinised and critised but the ones from the east say and do what they like and NOTHING EVER happens to them.

Personally I'm sick of it.

Was it Billy McNeil himself who said that they weren't a Scottish club but an Irish one that merely happened to be based in Glasgow for historic reasons.

Why couldn't Liverpool, Bolton, Bradford or Manchester have been landed with them instead?

Why did we draw the short shit-stained stick?

Fucking jinxed, so we are. They've brought nothing good to this country, because they spoil, soil and sour everything.

The reason I heard was that Glasgow and Edinburgh had to choose between AIDS and sellick.

Edinburgh won the toss and got first choice.

(tu)

You know, you get antiretroviral therapies to alleviate the effects of one of those.

Guess which one.

And are scientist looking for a similar treatment for the other one? You can guess the answer to that one too.

You know, you get antiretroviral therapies to alleviate the effects of one of those.

Guess which one.

And are scientist looking for a similar treatment for the other one? You can guess the answer to that one.

The treatment for the other one is WARNING FOCUS ARE WATCHING!!!

Well I can't "man up" being female!

To be honest I really don't understand what u mean? I take it you mean it's acceptable for us to be discriminated against and called "h***", "orange bastards", and such. I take it you also think it's ok for people to glorify murder and support a team that's hates everything British (the country said team is based) and condones the abuse of children. All of that along with the fact it never gets reported through the mhedia but if we breathe the wrong way it's headline news?

Maybe I've picked you up wrong but you dont seem to bothered that we are constantly scrutinised and critised but the ones from the east say and do what they like and NOTHING EVER happens to them.

Personally I'm sick of it.

Ok you can't man up - my apologies !

But nor do you have to stoop to their levels of pettiness - football has a great deal of banter in it - and yes some of the banter gets vitriolic at times and now we are al supposed to be faux offended at getting called names such as h** or orange bastard and now we are reporting 'them' for singing songs at a third party team . As a support it just seems petty - something we used to laugh at them for - now we are letting them set he agenda and stooping to their level - me I prefer to keep laughing at them - thre is a lot to get offended about in the world but getting offended on ajax's behalf because ' they'sang stuff is just petty in the extreme - we are better than that - or we were !

But nor do you have to stoop to their levels of pettiness - football has a great deal of banter in it - and yes some of the banter gets vitriolic at times and now we are al supposed to be faux offended at getting called names such as h** or orange bastard and now we are reporting 'them' for singing songs at a third party team . As a support it just seems petty - something we used to laugh at them for - now we are letting them set he agenda and stooping to their level - me I prefer to keep laughing at them - thre is a lot to get offended about in the world but getting offended on ajax's behalf because ' they'sang stuff is just petty in the extreme - we are better than that - or we were !

For the hundredth time ya thicko no one is getting offended on the behalf of Ajax

On 23/10/2013 at 20:16, Bluepeter9 said:

I know what you're saying about being faux offended by banter. I don't get offended at them calling me or Ajax names, simply because I would rather be an orange b***ard than one of them!

I still don't think you're getting the point though.

What offends me is that they can do whatever they like and say whatever they like and they seem to be untouchable, wheras we can't say or do anything without it being a big deal, even when we're doing good it's reported in a negative way and that's what offends me.

I don't post a lot and generally stick to the football threads rather than board bullshit, but genuine question for BP9

Do you not think by not complaining about the abuse to an ex-Ranger (this was brought up by all media at press conferences) that you are basically condoning this abuse?

All I would add to your opening post OK is that you can edit "apparently" out of the equation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Tl9LuJVOVWM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTl9LuJVOVWM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop

I will do. Should have done so when adding the video to the OP.

Took a few copies in case a tim somehow gets it removed. (tu)

But nor do and yes some of the banter gets vitriolic at times and now we are al supposed to be faux offended at getting called names such as h** or orange bastard

Well I'm offended at getting called an "orange basterd"...first of all I'm in the Orange order and secondly I am not a basterd.if anyone and I mean anyone(rangers fans included)that called me a basterd to my face they would be eating out a straw in one of the nhs's institutions.

BP9 does this on every thread of this type. Constantly maintains everyone is being paranoid, and we are getting to be worse than

'them', but the point has already flown past his head.

He just never seems to get it.... or doesn't want to.

I don't post a lot and generally stick to the football threads rather than board bullshit, but genuine question for BP9

Do you not think by not complaining about the abuse to an ex-Ranger (this was brought up by all media at press conferences) that you are basically condoning this abuse?

I think that we need to have thicker skin than we seem to have ! I find it hard to call what went on last night 'abuse' ( except in its mildest form - and is no more than I would expect (say) Aiden mcgeedybtonget if he returned to Ibrox playing against us when we return to Europe !

I think that we need to have thicker skin than we seem to have ! I find it hard to call what went on last night 'abuse' ( except in its mildest form - and is no more than I would expect (say) Aiden mcgeedybtonget if he returned to Ibrox playing against us when we return to Europe !

IT ISN'T ABOUT THE ABUSE IN ITSELF, IT'S ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES IN TREATMENT OF EACH SET OF FANS INDULGING IN THE SAME BEHAVIOUR. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a 'thick skin'. We are not offended by it. If we told McGeady to go back to Ireland we'd be crucified by the media. Similarl verbals towards De Boer and the reaction is entirely different. That's the point.

Stop being so obtuse.

I very rarely post these days simply because of the infiltration of mhanks and their obvious bigoted agendas!

I strongly suspect that BP9 knows exactly the game he is trying to play here so my only advice to all is ignore.

As for the subject matter of the thread I agree wholeheartedly that they should be reported for EVERY bigoted,racist and sectarian action that they regularly participate in.

After all aren't they the very ones who keep shouting from the rooftops that the game should,quite rightly, be cleansed of all bigoted,racist and sectarian elements that tarnish our game?

I have done my bit in reporting their actions and will continue to do so until this unacceptable behaviour is eradicated from our game.

I expect all Bears will also uphold this fine belief and report them also until someone,somewhere will actually listen to us and take the appropriate action against them!

BP9 does this on every thread of this type. Constantly maintains everyone is being paranoid, and we are getting to be worse than

'them', but the point has already flown past his head.

He just never seems to get it.... or doesn't want to.

He often reminds me of a chapter in Eric Berne's "I'm OK?You're OK?"