A chance for parity UEFA - Sectarianism, racism & antisemitism by TGFITW

OlegKuznetsov

BP9 it is about equal treatment. Should we sit in silence while our culture is disassembled in front of us or do we stand up to the powers that be and point out the hypocrisy of their actions?

i stopped ready ANY of his posts weeks ago, honestly, he's better off ignored, troll of the highest order.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that he'll be the "guests'" favourite poster.

I suspect most of our guests are Rangers fans who just want to read what's going on and not interact - suspecting most guests are tarriers is just more stuff and nonsense ! ( although some will be)

I think that we need to have thicker skin than we seem to have ! I find it hard to call what went on last night 'abuse' ( except in its mildest form - and is no more than I would expect (say) Aiden mcgeedybtonget if he returned to Ibrox playing against us when we return to Europe !

Thanks for the answer.

Due to being 40 I can remember the good old days where anything could be said or sung and there was not the mock offence of today's football by any side, so I don't think it is about having thicker skin.

Look at the reporting on the racism at CSKA, where it is now the refs fault???

There is nothing mentioned about the songs at the Piggery, do you not see the imbalance?

Thanks for the answer.

Due to being 40 I can remember the good old days where anything could be said or sung and there was not the mock offence of today's football by any side, so I don't think it is about having thicker skin.

Look at the reporting on the racism at CSKA, where it is now the refs fault???

There is nothing mentioned about the songs at the Piggery, do you not see the imbalance?

I have also seen very little of Ajax ripping up seats !

Also (and off topic re: CSKA ) are refs now meant to be conversant in every foreign language and the nuance of every nations laws ? Asking a hell off a lot of the ref!

Back on topic - do you (have you) as a Rangers fan want to stoop to their level of reporting every little abuse that they do - we as a club were not even involved in the game but we want to wade in and report them - is that really how we are going to act? does that not seem petty to you - I don't care if they do it I aint stooping down to their low level.

A lot of shit going on.you miss the big picture.i firmly believe that there is an ongoing conspiricy against not only our club but also our culture.the man behind it dr.john Reid a well known republican sympathiser and also your ex boss.

Assuming that was aimed at me - my 'boss' when I was in the forces was HM and head of the government when I was serving was Maggie (whom I detested but she was good to the troops)! - I don't believe in the conspiracy theory angle (although I accept some folk would like to do us damage - I just don't think they conspire together).

It’s not about being obsessed, that’s very short sighted.

It’s about fighting our corner and fighting for those fans that have been wrongly prosecuted and careers now in tatters due to criminal records for singing songs. Now we all know the negative press and so called witch hunt that has gone on with our support for what seems a life time so when the vile lot across the city are belting out abuse that can be deemed ‘sectarian’ are we supposed to say “ah fuck it, who cares” ?

What do we get for sweeping it under the carpet and being dignified in our silence? It’s not going to stop our fans being taken for a ride by the media and authorities is it. What we can do is stand up for ourselves and point out that if we are to be punished for what is deemed offensive chanting then why not other clubs who are doing or have done the same?

It’s not obsessing over another club or being petty, it’s simply asking for a level playing field.

It’s not about being obsessed, that’s very short sighted.

It’s about fighting our corner and fighting for those fans that have been wrongly prosecuted and careers now in tatters due to criminal records for singing songs. Now we all know the negative press and so called witch hunt that has gone on with our support for what seems a life time so when the vile lot across the city are belting out abuse that can be deemed ‘sectarian’ are we supposed to say “ah fuck it, who cares” ?

What do we get for sweeping it under the carpet and being dignified in our silence? It’s not going to stop our fans being taken for a ride by the media and authorities is it. What we can do is stand up for ourselves and point out that if we are to be punished for what is deemed offensive chanting then why not other clubs who are doing or have done the same?

It’s not obsessing over another club or being petty, it’s simply asking for a level playing field.

I actually did use to believe in a rise above it, dignified silence approach. But it's been clear for a long time now that it hasn't worked.

I have also seen very little of Ajax ripping up seats !

Also (and off topic re: CSKA ) are refs now meant to be conversant in every foreign language and the nuance of every nations laws ? Asking a hell off a lot of the ref!

Back on topic - do you (have you) as a Rangers fan want to stoop to their level of reporting every little abuse that they do - we as a club were not even involved in the game but we want to wade in and report them - is that really how we are going to act? does that not seem petty to you - I don't care if they do it I aint stooping down to their low level.

I previously thought everything over a season balances itself out and I am not a conspiracy theorist, however when you review some if the decisions by UEFA against us then compare and contrast with the Tarrier love in across the city, it is becoming increasingly difficult not too indulge in a tit for tat policy, as we are currently well behind.

Would help if we were all on the same page as Board through to fans but that would make things too easy...

Meant to say UEFA are investigating the seat damage by Ajax and it is all over the media which imo reinforces the points being made by the majority of posters on this issue

I previously thought everything over a season balances itself out and I am not a conspiracy theorist, however when you review some if the decisions by UEFA against us then compare and contrast with the Tarrier love in across the city, it is becoming increasingly difficult not too indulge in a tit for tat policy, as we are currently well behind.

Would help if we were all on the same page as Board through to fans but that would make things too easy...

Everything balances out over a season????

Where were you between July 2012 and May 2013?

Transfer embargo

TV money taken off us

SPL money taken off us

Jelavic transfer money not handed over

Title stripping campaign

Accused repeatedly of sporting integrity and financial doping

Liquidated over a debt that ultimately didn't exist

Anyone else add what you will......

F...n hell where's the balance there????

Everything balances out over a season????

Where were you between July 2012 and May 2013?

Transfer embargo

TV money taken off us

SPL money taken off us

Jelavic transfer money not handed over

Title stripping campaign

Accused repeatedly of sporting integrity and financial doping

Liquidated over a debt that ultimately didn't exist

Anyone else add what you will......

F...n hell where's the balance there????

Think you missed the bit where I posted "i previously thought" going back a bit further than the last 18 months.

I am referring to my years of following football with penalty decisions, dodgy offsides etc

Now in the last couple of years since certain people gained positions of power, I would totally agree with you that the balance is now weighted and not in our favour as we have been truly fucked over

Is it a issue for Rangers or us as supporters that another team sings 'naughty' songs to yet another team? If Hibs fans abuse hearts are we sending out complaints to UEFA? Do two wrongs make a right ? Is petty how we now go?

Can you just answer the question?

'How do you propose we tackle the issue then?'