AlBear.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/rangerstv/item/5338-goals-stoney-grabs-hat-trick

Videos of Danny Stoney's hat trick in Rangers U20 6-0 win over Dunfermline in the Youth Cup. He took his first really well and watching the highlights he could have easily got himself 5 goals.

How good is Danny Stoney? How good can he be?

Ever since I saw him come on as a substitute in the friendly against Linfield I've rated this boy. He just looks a class player, you know when you see a player and you just know he has that ingredient needed to make it. Still only 17 and I know it's naive to hype a player still at such an early stage in his career. Admittedly I've seen very little of him apart from his 4 sub-appearances at the end of last season and U20 highlights on Rangerstv but I'm convinced he has what it takes to make it as a footballer, and make it at Rangers FC.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Danny and alot of other young guys at least get a few subs appearences soon, its great to see young lads getting a chance and even a few 10-15 minute cameos will give them a real boost and spur them on too push even harder for selection.

Would be good to have them on the bench for home games. If we go 3-0 up then we could think about making changes.

Would be good to have them on the bench for home games. If we go 3-0 up then we could think about making changes.

Thats the best way to blood young players, with less pressure and it will give them a chance to show the support what they have got, was it Tom Walsh last season came on late in a match and did ok but has not been seen since near the first team.

I hope Danny and alot of other young guys at least get a few subs appearences soon, its great to see young lads getting a chance and even a few 10-15 minute cameos will give them a real boost and spur them on too push even harder for selection.

Spot-on. Why when we are a few goals up we don't give the kids a chance rather than an established player is beyond me.

Thats the best way to blood young players, with less pressure and it will give them a chance to show the support what they have got, was it Tom Walsh last season came on late in a match and did ok but has not been seen since near the first team.

Did he not get a bad injury just after that appearance?

Stoney is a brilliant young talent, hope he gets his break through soon. probably get loaned to some 3rd division team or punted which always seems to be the Rangers way.

I'd be happy with him going on loan to a third division club, it's going to do a lot more for his development playing week in week out than possibly getting 10 minutes at the end of one of our games a few times a season if he's lucky

I'd be happy with him going on loan to a third division club, it's going to do a lot more for his development playing week in week out than possibly getting 10 minutes at the end of one of our games a few times a season if he's lucky

I'd be happy to see him loaned out at some point also, but not to a 3rd division team.