Is there a Erskine poppy badge this year?

pcbear

Is it just me or has anybody else felt that the build up to Remembrance Day this year has almost been invisible? I know that there is a single by some kids called the Poppy Girls, and I've seen maybe two collection tins in shops, but that's it.

I've felt the same. I haven't even heard the song you're talking about or seen any collection boxes in any shops either.

I've felt the same. I haven't even heard the song you're talking about or seen any collection boxes in any shops either.

I seen my first poppy wearer today. I'd have loads of sellers on the streets a month before the 11th. They are selling xmas paper and hallowween crap in the shops already. We should be asking for donations for our soldiers before people get distracted by other things IMO.

The only reason I knew about the single was because one of the papers had an article because one of the kids is a Scot. I think all of their fathers are serving members of the armed forces. As for poppy sales, I feel that over the last few years there has been a definite move to marginalise this in case it offends Muslims and IRA sympathisers. What a sad country we live in.

Is it just me or has anybody else felt that the build up to Remembrance Day this year has almost been invisible? I know that there is a single by some kids called the Poppy Girls, and I've seen maybe two collection tins in shops, but that's it.

I think the Poppy Scotland campaign has just been launched. Possibly today.

The only reason I knew about the single was because one of the papers had an article because one of the kids is a Scot. I think all of their fathers are serving members of the armed forces. As for poppy sales, I feel that over the last few years there has been a definite move to marginalise this in case it offends Muslims and IRA sympathisers. What a sad country we live in.

The simple reason is there are not enough volunteers, there are less and less every year. I am collecting for the RBL from this Saturday for 8 days in Stoke. I will then be selling dated poppy badges (2013) around Ibrox before the game on the 8th. But we are down on numbers again, lots of the old soldiers who used to collect have passed on.

Reply from the suppliers from last year THE SPIRIT OF 72. As I have no time for Follow Follow I'll have to see what is available at Ibrox.

Hi Ian

Yes mate, there is a RSEA 2013 badge available - please contact the poster RSEA on Follow Follow and he will give you all the details.

Thanks, David.

> Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 21:47:13 +0200

> From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> To: pinsnbadges@hotmail.co.uk

> Subject: FW: RE: RSEA Poppy badges

>

>

>

> Hi David,

> Are you bringing out any badges for this year as I haven't seen any advertised.

> Regards

> Ian