Rugby 7s at Ibrox

BEE

Err largest capacity stadium in Glasgow - it really is that simple - nothing to see here

You know, I've yet to verbally abuse anyone on RM (other than non-serious banter).

But you've pushed me too far you... you.... blaggard!

There. I've said it. :mad:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second biggest stadium in the city?

Also i'd take issue with the poster who said 'millions' wil lbe watchi9ng the rugby fucknig 7s worldwide :lol:

Nobody gives a shit about the commonwealth games, it's a paltry wee thing. So it's not worth getting angry about the legobrick stadium getting the opening ceremony, it's not worth getting angry about closet homosexuals, its not worth getting angry about the closing ceremony and its not worth worrying about 'exposure'.

Unless you really think the extended families of those competing are a valuable resource to be competing for. Cos they're more or less the only people who will be watching.

It'll easily go to millions for a Commonwealth tournament. I'd bet on well over a million in England alone cumulatively over the 2 days. Together with SA, Australia, NZ, Canada and the others it'll be into the millions that tune in. You don't have much regard for the event or rugby but many do. Cumulatively these kinds of things matter for the image of the club.

Oh and disagree, but the laughing face is a wee bit unnecessarily arrogant/smartarseish. But then the tone of your entire post is a bit prickish.

Gotta say watching the all blacks at Ibrox would be an absolute dream come true... No wait, not even in my wildest dreams did i ever think their would be a chance I could see the haka performed at my favourite place on earth , being half jock half maori , for me , this will be a lifetime highlight...can't wait !!

We should not be accomadating these Catholicwealth Games in any shape or form F#ck anything this Republican Cuntry Does.

The Mhanks will gain from this so called Sporting Event let's face it Adolf Salmond will use it to peddle his Independence Agenda.

WTF are RFC thinking about having a massive dose of short memories IMO.

We should not be accomadating these Catholicwealth Games in any shape or form F#ck anything this Republican Cuntry Does.

The Mhanks will gain from this so called Sporting Event let's face it Adolf Salmond will use it to peddle his Independence Agenda.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Ok sorry all - it's just a bit conspiracy to give them cash - and keep us trampled down !!!

FFS !!

Not really,i would have thought that with Glasgow having TWO of the UEFA ELITE stadiums out of the 27 listed would have had a bearing....Parkhead cannot even host a Champions League Final,unlike Ibrox and Hampden.......

Why does everything have to be political these days?! Relax, enjoy the sport.

The allocation of the opening ceremony of the CG's should never have gone to parkhead. I doubt very much if you will find any other country that fails to use the awarding of this event doesn't use it to either revamp their national stadium or build a new one. Instead this event has been used to increase the land value of a specific area of Glasgow at the cost of using it to benefit the city as a whole.

The fact is that the GCC could not afford to run and maintain the sports facilities it had, so after the games how will they be able to run and maintain these new sports facilities. The fact is the won't and I have no doubts who will be taking them over bit by bit in the coming years at a fraction of the cost that was involved in their creation. This whole exercise has been used from the beginning to benefit one organisation and should be investigated. I have no doubt that when the books for this event are probably balanced around 2016 we will find that this organisation will be the only ones to have gained any lasting financial benefit.

I for one will not be attending any CG event or watching any of the TV coverage. I do have one question, what is the contingency plan for the opening ceremony if parkhead is found closer to the event to have any structural or safety problems? It has been rumoured in the past that there may be a subsidence problem with this ground, wouldn't it be funny if it really did subside prior to the games.

PS. Anybody have access to a second hand tunnel digging machine? :7325:

The allocation of the opening ceremony of the CG's should never have gone to parkhead. I doubt very much if you will find any other country that fails to use the awarding of this event doesn't use it to either revamp their national stadium or build a new one. Instead this event has been used to increase the land value of a specific area of Glasgow at the cost of using it to benefit the city as a whole.

The fact is that the GCC could not afford to run and maintain the sports facilities it had, so after the games how will they be able to run and maintain these new sports facilities. The fact is the won't and I have no doubts who will be taking them over bit by bit in the coming years at a fraction of the cost that was involved in their creation. This whole exercise has been used from the beginning to benefit one organisation and should be investigated. I have no doubt that when the books for this event are probably balanced around 2016 we will find that this organisation will be the only ones to have gained any lasting financial benefit.

I for one will not be attending any CG event or watching any of the TV coverage. I do have one question, what is the contingency plan for the opening ceremony if parkhead is found closer to the event to have any structural or safety problems? It has been rumoured in the past that there may be a subsidence problem with this ground, wouldn't it be funny if it really did subside prior to the games.

I'm sure they'll have the contingency plan organised to transfer it to Ibrox should any problems arise...

It will be interesting to see how the ferocity of the tackling compares with that delivered by some of our opposition over the last season and a half.

The Rugby 7's will be a brilliant event. Most of the CG competitions are pretty Micky Mouse but not the Rugby- this along with the Athletics, Cycling and the Triathlon will be one of the biggest draws to the game. Tell those brought up in the Borders that Rugby is not a working mans game.

Just got offered tickets for this, absolute joke that the pitch will get torn apart by a bunch of closet buftys who like to stick their heads up each others arses!

No Rugby At Ibrox!

lets think of somethin else i can moan about..............get a life.......those closet bufties would knock you out with two hands tied between their backs no doubt

I like a bit of Rugby definitely a real mans game these guys get punched, delicate areas grappled, broken bones and carry on regardless. A good bit of publicity for Ibrox

:lol: Point proven.

Tell those brought up in the Borders that Rugby is not a working mans game.

I would, but I don't speak choocter!

lets think of somethin else i can moan about..............get a life.......those closet bufties would knock you out with two hands tied between their backs no doubt

They'd all be too busy having a wee cuddle, commonly known a scrum or a huddle. Basically if you enjoy rugby you're a pape is what I'm saying.

It stinks mate,questions need to be asked,to overlook TWO UEFA ELITE STADIUMS and a National one at that.Our national colour is blue. ... so lets have it in a big green stadium,That fly's the Irish flag overhead... .

It must be unheard of to hold the opening ceremony of an Olympics or Commonwealth games at a venue other than the stadium used for the track and field events. The wide oval running track is perfect for the teams to parade round behind their national flag - and the San Giro is rectangular with a narrow track so the organisers must be radically changing the format of the ceremony to accomodate this.

One argument I have heard in favour of this as the venue is that it is right next to the athletes village so the teams won't have to travel to Hampden - well, the closing ceremony is at Hampden so they will be travelling what, two or three miles, for that.

I think there has been a lot of planning put into making sure Celtic FC benefit as much as possible from these Games - even most of the publicity paraphenelia shows their mhidden (all decked out in a PC rainbow of multi-culturalism, not a Union Flag in sight), not Hampden where the bulk of the competition will be held.The area around the San Giro is getting a major facelift at no cost to Celtic and it would be naive to think they won't be taking advantage of the new sports facilities built so conveniently on their doorstep.Meanwhile "Suppose we better give Ibrox something to shut them up - just fling them the rugby or something".

All this because of a sporting event that celebrates the existence of the British Commonwealth - something that Celtic and their supporters despise. Takes the old adage "they hate the Crown but love the half-crown" to a new level.

It must be unheard of to hold the opening ceremony of an Olympics or Commonwealth games at a venue other than the stadium used for the track and field events. The wide oval running track is perfect for the teams to parade round behind their national flag - and the San Giro is rectangular with a narrow track so the organisers must be radically changing the format of the ceremony to accomodate this.

One argument I have heard in favour of this as the venue is that it is right next to the athletes village so the teams won't have to travel to Hampden - well, the closing ceremony is at Hampden so they will be travelling what, two or three miles, for that.

I think there has been a lot of planning put into making sure Celtic FC benefit as much as possible from these Games - even most of the publicity paraphenelia shows their mhidden (all decked out in a PC rainbow of multi-culturalism, not a Union Flag in sight), not Hampden where the bulk of the competition will be held.The area around the San Giro is getting a major facelift at no cost to Celtic and it would be naive to think they won't be taking advantage of the new sports facilities built so conveniently on their doorstep.Meanwhile "Suppose we better give Ibrox something to shut them up - just fling them the rugby or something".

All this because of a sporting event that celebrates the existence of the British Commonwealth - something that Celtic and their supporters despise. Takes the old adage "they hate the Crown but love the half-crown" to a new level.

In a nutshell,but they will come back with....it has the biggest capacity.......