Whats your favourite Rangers penalty ever?

topgoalie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Novos v fiorentina,albertz v tims winning title at parkhead or artetas v dunfermline. Also van hoijdonks v us 1nil game. Lip read goram many a time after that save wondered what he said......

As for a title winning SAVE,has to be Mc Gregors against Samaras,was in the Boltons players lounge watching on the tv,had to give up my ticket,but was next to Stylyan Petrov at the time and let out an almighty roar,to be fair he was brilliant with my boy after,he must have been there watching his cousin? Martin playing for Bolton....

As for a title winning SAVE,has to be Mc Gregors against Samaras,was in the Boltons players lounge watching on the tv,had to give up my ticket,but was next to Stylyan Petrov at the time and let out an almighty roar,to be fair he was brilliant with my boy after,he must have been there watching his cousin? Martin playing for Bolton....

gorams v van h beats traitors save for me everytime mate.

Davie Meiklejohn v them in 1928 cup final was a memorable one for RFC as it was the first goal to beat the Hampden Hoodoo (25 years without winning it). No, I wasn't there but a very fine long deceased great uncle of mine was there. Meek was one of his heroes and he often remarked on this game.

Mccoist v celtic 3-2 cup final.

But not the one he scored,the one he missed.

Picture it.

2-2.

Rangers penalty.

McCoist shoots,Bonnar saves.

The taigs leap into the air behind Bonnar's goal,oh dear!

McCoist nets the rebound.

3-2 to the Rangers.

I was in the old Rangers end that day and to see the taigs jump for joy opposite me ,then slump in utter dejection will live with me forever.

I still laugh at it 30 years later.

Infact im laughing as i write this.lol

Having said all that,im not ashamed to say that i cried when Nacho stuck that penalty away in florence.

Magical.

Just watched the LC final goals again for the first time in years,what a day that was.

That Rangers end was bouncing.

Bring back standing areas for the young guys to enjoy watching football the way we did.

There's the obvious Nacho & Albertz candidates for their meanings but my personal favourite is Albertz knocking out Lambert's teeth, leaving him poleaxed on the turf, then Albertz dusting off his blood stained knees and stroking the resultant penalty home.

Nacho's but Trevor Francis in Skol cup final, 2 step run up ! mental haha

I loved the Francis penalty. Especially "bandy leighton" going ape shit at the sheer audacity of Trevor the Feather with that two step. Great memory. But yeah for what it meant it has to be Nacho.