Laudrup or laudrup

stewaj3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micheal and Brian were very different players but Micheal edged it by a bit over Brian and there's no shame in that at all. Lets not forget that Brian was named by Pele in a list of the top living Football players in the World.

Did Pele not once say Gary Bollan was one of the best young defenders he'd ever seen? :) Just saying........

Did Pele not once say Gary Bollan was one of the best young defenders he'd ever seen? :) Just saying........

Dunno, he was right about Brian though! :lol:

Brian was still the finest foreign player to play in Scotland hands down, even the bitterest Mhanks admit that he was a player.

Michael was the better of the two imo, although thats not that bad a statement as i think Michael was one of the games best.

Doesn't take away from what Brian did for us. For me, the most talented footballer to wear our illustrious jersey. I love watching the old games and YouTube. I cant help but smile when you see 3 celtic players trying to just chase down Brian. I hope we will see the likes again. And I'm sure we will. Our club is too great not too

Michael was the better of the two imo, although thats not that bad a statement as i think Michael was one of the games best.

Doesn't take away from what Brian did for us. For me, the most talented footballer to wear our illustrious jersey. I love watching the old games and YouTube. I cant help but smile when you see 3 celtic players trying to just chase down Brian. I hope we will see the likes again. And I'm sure we will. Our club is too great not too

Exactly.. Michael was one of the best players ever, in my opinion. He was "that" player for barcelona... you know.. the Ronaldinhio...the Messi.....the Figo, etc. He was THAT player. Brian was fantastic, but Michael was one of the best players ever, in my opinion!!

Brian was a stand-out in Scotland, Michael was a stand-out in Spain and Italy.

Michael was in the top 3 footballers in the world at his peak.

Brian also won the European Championship and excelled in the World Cup. I remember him taking Brazil on practically single handed in '98.

I love Brian as much as anyone else but these quotes about Michael say it all.....

I love Brian as much as the next man but these quotes some up how good Michael really was.....

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with and the 4th best in the history of the game"[17]

Raúl: "The best I have ever played with."[16]

Zamorano: "Un genio!", "The reason why I make so many goals, is Laudrup."[51]

Iniesta: "Who is the best player in history? Laudrup."[52]

Messi: "I fully understand why he is considered one of the best players in Barcelona's history and even the world."[53]

Cruyff: "One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80–90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that."[54]

Cruyff (After Real Madrid with Laudrup had won 5–0 over Cruyff's Barcelona): "When Michael plays like a dream, a magic illusion, determined to show his new team his extreme abilities, no one in the world comes anywhere near his level."[55]

Cruyff (Cruyff on Laudrup's lack of killer instinct during matches): "Had Michael been born in a poor ghetto in Brazil or Argentina with the ball being his only way out of poverty he would today be recognised as the biggest genius of the game ever. He had all the abilities to reach it but lacked this ghetto-instinct, which could have driven him there."[56]

Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever. The best in the world on the training pitch, but never used his talent to its full during matches.[55]

Platini: "Michael had everything except for one thing: he wasn't selfish enough."[15]

Guardiola: "The best player in the world, I can't believe he hasn't won the title as best player."[citation needed]

Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s."[55]

Roberto Galia: "I have played against Maradona, Platini and Baggio. But the player I saw do the most indescribable things was Michael Laudrup."[57]

Clemente: "To me, Michael Laudrup is the most genius player the world has ever seen. He will always be my numero uno. Always."[55]

Bakero: "No one has given the club [barcelona] as much inspiration as Michael. We all look up to him. It is a privilege to have your day enriched by a genius."[55]

Koeman: "Michael was possibly the most skilful and elegant player I ever played with. Few could dribble like he could. He could sense when a game was ready to be seized and transformed by a moment of individual brilliance."[58]

Stoichkov: "One of the best European players I’ve ever seen. An elegant, old-fashioned playmaker, he did things few other footballers could do."[59]

Stoichkov: "From more than hundred goals that I scored I'm sure that over 50 were assisted by Michael. To play with him was extremely easy. We found each other by intuition on the field and found common football language. Look at Ivan Zamorano. Laudrup went there (Real) and Zamorano is a goalscorer. Sometimes I envy Ivan for the passes he receives. Passes on foot after you accelerated. Few people understand football like the Danish player. He can only be comprised with Maradona, Schuster or Roberto Baggio. They make things easy and find the right solutions. For them is simple, for the opponent – unthinkable. Phenomenal! His only problem is his character. He is emotional and terribly reserved. This affects him a lot, because he takes everything personally – no matter if someone tells him something or decision that he does not agree. His relations with Cruyff were delicate because he couldn't take the critics. I listen to him but I don't care that much. For Michael this was fatal. He couldn't take it anymore so he left without a word."[60]

Brian Laudrup: "My brother started as an attacker but became an elegant attacking midfielder, perhaps the most complete there has ever been. His vision, speed of thought and passing were on a different level; he always knew what was going to happen before anybody else did. If anyone had a 'football brain', it was him."[61]

Ferrer: "Few people made me enjoy the game as much as Michael. Maybe he didn’t get the media recognition he deserved, but he was so classy and a real thinker. A master of the blind pass and impossible through-balls and I will never forget his 'spoon' pass in a game against Osasuna. He lifted the ball right over the defence and Romario touched it in first time."[62]

Capello (After the 4–0 win of Milan against Barcelona in the 1994 CL final): "Laudrup was the guy I feared but Cruyff left him out, and that was his mistake."[63]

Figo: "I think maybe Laudrup was the best player I ever played against."[64]

Mourinho: "He was phenomenal in Barcelona. He was a fantastic player whom I would love to have on my team today."[65]

Stoichkov: "Laudrup was the greatest"[66]

Alan Tate: "He is still the best player in training at 48 years."[67]

Ian Rush: "He probably had the most individual skill I've seen. He was an incredible player."

John Toshack: "To me he was the best player of his generation and he is a lot like Cruyff both as a player and a manager"

according to Archie Knox we were ''scouting'' Michael....and uncovered Brian.....

Schemichel said on Brian's video he thought he was better than Michael....

Say this in every Laudrup post but wish he stayed on for couple seasons under advocaat....Laudrup, de Boer, Mols and Gio in one team would be mouth watering.

I love Brian as much as anyone else but these quotes about Michael say it all.....

I love Brian as much as the next man but these quotes some up how good Michael really was.....

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with and the 4th best in the history of the game"[17]

Raúl: "The best I have ever played with."[16]

Zamorano: "Un genio!", "The reason why I make so many goals, is Laudrup."[51]

Iniesta: "Who is the best player in history? Laudrup."[52]

Messi: "I fully understand why he is considered one of the best players in Barcelona's history and even the world."[53]

Cruyff: "One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80–90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that."[54]

Cruyff (After Real Madrid with Laudrup had won 5–0 over Cruyff's Barcelona): "When Michael plays like a dream, a magic illusion, determined to show his new team his extreme abilities, no one in the world comes anywhere near his level."[55]

Cruyff (Cruyff on Laudrup's lack of killer instinct during matches): "Had Michael been born in a poor ghetto in Brazil or Argentina with the ball being his only way out of poverty he would today be recognised as the biggest genius of the game ever. He had all the abilities to reach it but lacked this ghetto-instinct, which could have driven him there."[56]

Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever. The best in the world on the training pitch, but never used his talent to its full during matches.[55]

Platini: "Michael had everything except for one thing: he wasn't selfish enough."[15]

Guardiola: "The best player in the world, I can't believe he hasn't won the title as best player."[citation needed]

Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s."[55]

Roberto Galia: "I have played against Maradona, Platini and Baggio. But the player I saw do the most indescribable things was Michael Laudrup."[57]

Clemente: "To me, Michael Laudrup is the most genius player the world has ever seen. He will always be my numero uno. Always."[55]

Bakero: "No one has given the club [barcelona] as much inspiration as Michael. We all look up to him. It is a privilege to have your day enriched by a genius."[55]

Koeman: "Michael was possibly the most skilful and elegant player I ever played with. Few could dribble like he could. He could sense when a game was ready to be seized and transformed by a moment of individual brilliance."[58]

Stoichkov: "One of the best European players I've ever seen. An elegant, old-fashioned playmaker, he did things few other footballers could do."[59]

Stoichkov: "From more than hundred goals that I scored I'm sure that over 50 were assisted by Michael. To play with him was extremely easy. We found each other by intuition on the field and found common football language. Look at Ivan Zamorano. Laudrup went there (Real) and Zamorano is a goalscorer. Sometimes I envy Ivan for the passes he receives. Passes on foot after you accelerated. Few people understand football like the Danish player. He can only be comprised with Maradona, Schuster or Roberto Baggio. They make things easy and find the right solutions. For them is simple, for the opponent – unthinkable. Phenomenal! His only problem is his character. He is emotional and terribly reserved. This affects him a lot, because he takes everything personally – no matter if someone tells him something or decision that he does not agree. His relations with Cruyff were delicate because he couldn't take the critics. I listen to him but I don't care that much. For Michael this was fatal. He couldn't take it anymore so he left without a word."[60]

Brian Laudrup: "My brother started as an attacker but became an elegant attacking midfielder, perhaps the most complete there has ever been. His vision, speed of thought and passing were on a different level; he always knew what was going to happen before anybody else did. If anyone had a 'football brain', it was him."[61]

Ferrer: "Few people made me enjoy the game as much as Michael. Maybe he didn't get the media recognition he deserved, but he was so classy and a real thinker. A master of the blind pass and impossible through-balls and I will never forget his 'spoon' pass in a game against Osasuna. He lifted the ball right over the defence and Romario touched it in first time."[62]

Capello (After the 4–0 win of Milan against Barcelona in the 1994 CL final): "Laudrup was the guy I feared but Cruyff left him out, and that was his mistake."[63]

Figo: "I think maybe Laudrup was the best player I ever played against."[64]

Mourinho: "He was phenomenal in Barcelona. He was a fantastic player whom I would love to have on my team today."[65]

Stoichkov: "Laudrup was the greatest"[66]

Alan Tate: "He is still the best player in training at 48 years."[67]

Ian Rush: "He probably had the most individual skill I've seen. He was an incredible player."

John Toshack: "To me he was the best player of his generation and he is a lot like Cruyff both as a player and a manager"

this.

I haven't given my opinion, but honestly think there is no question who had the most talent, Michael is an absolute genius and he was so quick footed, great vision and scored lots of goals. As others have said he'd be in my top 3 ever, he really would...

If I could only have 1 though, I'd have Brian every time as he and gazza simply make me smile just when I hear there names. And I would say Brian at his best could have played at any team in the world also. He just didn't seem to settle well at many clubs. Thankfully for us he did here.

Also they were 2 different players, but the laudrup had the ability 95% of players dream of.