The BBC just can't bring themselves to say it ...

Shuggy

From a BBC article on the Stenny game:

"It is the first time a team in Rangers colours will be in a national final since 2010, when they beat Celtic to win the League Cup."

Wouldn't it be simpler to say:

"It is the first time Rangers will be in a national final since 2010, when they beat Celtic to win the League Cup."

But nope, that would be admitting it is the same club!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24737531

Official site made that mistake with the year last night as well

I think with our site it isn't an error as such, it is the way they note the season for the League Cup. Historically the finals were played before the end of the year. We won the last autumn final in season 98 - 99 and our records show it as a win in 1998. After that, any wins have been listed by us as being the year of the first part of the season (eg. although we beat St Mirren in March 2010, our records show 2009 from season 2009 - 10).

I think with our site it isn't an error as such, it is the way they note the season for the League Cup. Historically the finals were played before the end of the year. We won the last autumn final in season 98 - 99 and our records show it as a win in 1998. After that, any wins have been listed by us as being the year of the first part of the season (eg. although we beat St Mirren in March 2010, our records show 2009 from season 2009 - 10).

I had not noticed that was the way they are listed *must pay more attention*

Firstly I never listen that sportsound pish but turned the radio on on Sat and they were taking about King so I had a listen at that. On the back of it the commentator at East Fife was on for the team news and he was describing the amount of Rangers fans packed everywhere. They then went back to the studio and whoever it was didn't even acknowledge anything the other guy had said.

Petty on my part I know but it's little things like this that hack you off.

They can't acknowledge anything positive about their country's biggest club

How can someone actually be offended over this?

Ffs.

Come on mate. It's the continual petty pops that The BBC or those working for the BBC are having. It's very obvious what they're trying to imply and it's very, very petty. It's really quite pathetic for such an organisation to behave like the BBC are over this.

From a BBC article on the Stenny game:

"It is the first time a team in Rangers colours will be in a national final since 2010, when they beat Celtic to win the League Cup."

Wouldn't it be simpler to say:

"It is the first time Rangers will be in a national final since 2010, when they beat Celtic to win the League Cup."

But nope, that would be admitting it is the same club!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/24737531

some of us on here are more offended that Bheast FC these days!!!