The prevalence of Irish Republican sectarianism in Scotland& media silence

We, unfortunately, have been made all too aware of the sea of Irish Republican hatred in Scottish culture . We are saddeningly confronted on an almost daily basis by supporters of a football club which seems to be nothing more than a front for prejudice and hatred. Their former chairman, Lord/Baron Reid-that well known champion of the so-called disenfranchised , even used official club AGMs to pander to this element, making blatantly sectarian and inflammatory remarks. The press, as is their modus operandi, ignored this moral sin coming from Parkhead.

We are sick of this hatred and the Republican anthems of anti-British racism. Again, the press remain silent.

Last week, as the supporters of that club indulged in an unholy trinity of terroristic racism, sectarianism and antisemitism, police were preparing to arrest those guilty of planning and preparing terrorist atrocities. The overlap will be wholly predictable.

If only Baron Reid used his power to enforce the legislation that he so heartily backed in the form of the Glorification of Terrorism Act when in Parliament, then this could potentially have been nipped in the bud.

Unfortunately, his own beloved club's supporters were allowed to develop this cancerous growth of hatred. Perhaps I am being unfair and they escaped any form of scrutiny over their songbook purely because the authorities were investigating them for more serious crimes. However, my cynicism in this regard is now both habitual and well-founded after many related observations.

Ultimately, my own suspicions that this culture of bigoted hatred would tie in with the rise of dissident Republican terror appear to be well proven. The scale, nature and gravity of the police action confirm that there is a growing culture of terroristic Irish Republicanism in Scotland.

Still the press seem totally oblivious to the link, never giving air to criticism of their favourite club. Such wilful ignorance is akin to tacit compliance toward a backward, prejudiced and dangerously violent culture. However, if they can get a years old photo of soldiers behaving foolishly, you can bet your bottom dollar that it'll make the headlines, especially if they can get an RFC crest in the background.

In the meantime, Scotland sleepwalks into a backward atmosphere of hatred so dangerous that lives may be lost. In short, normal service for the media continues and the public are shielded from the worrying and perilous truth. One can only fear for the future unless sudden and drastic action is taken.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face - the Famine song is a legitimate question.

If you openly support Irish republicanism (and they do) then go back to Ireland if you cannot or will not embrace our culture.

If Ireland and being anti British is that important to you well............

Put simply, those five should be deported.

Well said

As a wise man said to me at the weekend hundreds of years ago the Covenanters fought, lost their life's, love ones, everything they had in order to prevent this type of thing from happening and eventually won

Now slowly but surely we are slipping back into it and this time it's the Scottish Government, the SNP, the taig left wing media, politicians, Glasgow City council, the footballing authorities, the schooling, The Irish power sharing agreement, Tony Blair, John Reid, George Galloway etc you name it - everyone's in on it

Oleg u should know the drill when it comes to the media... Remember a few weeks ago Keevins said stokes hasn't done anything wrong by attending a IRA wake...Tells you everything you need to know about the media...

Thanks for sharing that. It's highly indicative of the media compliance.

Keep an eye on em and slap em down when they get out of order.

If they pull out a knife take it of them and slap them over the head with the handle.

If they pull out a gun be fast enough to dodge the bullet and call the polis to boast you've just dodged a bullet.

It's a hard knock life.

Nowhere in the world are those who despise a culture welcomed and permitted to influence that culture to their own end.

We harbour a host of anti british fanatics, play by shite rules which we weakly sign up to, and after atrocities wonder how it could have happened.

Nowhere in the world are those who despise a culture welcomed and permitted to influence that culture to their own end.

We harbour a host of anti british fanatics, play by shite rules which we weakly sign up to, and after atrocities wonder how it could have happened.

And get hauled over the coals if you ask them to go home.

you better believe we are sleepwalking into trouble. Our so called biggest club cant even get 100,000 supporters to sign a petition to get HMRC investigated. Total apathy shown to something so important comnfirms our culture is dying and will be replaced....no one cares!

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face - the Famine song is a legitimate question.

If you openly support Irish republicanism (and they do) then go back to Ireland if you cannot or will not embrace our culture.

Correct but where do you deport the Plastic Paddy to?

What pissed me off, is that if there's a video of us singing anything about our heritage on YouTube, the bheasts run to FOCUS and try to get the fans and troops arrested/investigated. Meanwhile, there's a video I clicked on to see the Ajax fans, and it showed their whole trip through their eyes. Now in this video, they're in a celtic pub and you hear "And they gave us James McGrory and Paul McStay ...And the IRA". Proof that even though they claim they no longer sing this, they quite blatantly do and it all gets swept under the carpet!

Apparently singing ill of a convicted terrorist is not acceptable, but glorifying the same terrorists who murdered troops and civilians from Britain is okay!

I always remember how the question was misrepresented as a statement or command. It was stated that you can't tell people to go home, when that was never said In law, what was actually said is relevant, not some distortion of it. Anyone can tell that anything that begins " why don't you..." is unambiguously a question. To pretend otherwise is counter to truth, honesty, meaning and logic.

However, decades of "go home ya h*!s", complete with insulting sectarian epithet-something notably absent from TFIO -pass without comment.

Of course, this comparison is dismissed as whataboutery, which is a sinister tactic used by deceitful and unscrupulous "journalists" to stifle debate and dissent. Heaven forfend that the old principles in law and morality of universality and eqallity apply.

I always remember how the question was misrepresented as a statement or command. It was stated that you can't tell people to go home, when that was never said In law, what was actually said is relevant, not some distortion of it. Anyone can tell that anything that begins " why don't you..." is unambiguously a question. To pretend otherwise is counter to truth, honesty, meaning and logic.

However, decades of "go home ya h*!s", complete with insulting sectarian epithet-something notably absent from TFIO -pass without comment.

Of course, this comparison is dismissed as whataboutery, which is a sinister tactic used by deceitful and unscrupulous "journalists" to stifle debate and dissent. Heaven forfend that the old principles in law and morality of universality and eqallity apply.

It's certainly a dishonest tactic to take a perfectly reasonable response to celtic fan's anti-British behaviour and hold it aloft as being inflammatory, while completely ignoring the context of that response. Furthermore - unless I'm mistaken - it was also widely reported in the media that the song 'mocked the potato famine,' I don't recall any such sentiments being expressed in the entirety of the lyrics; am I in error?

It's certainly a dishonest tactic to take a perfectly reasonable response to celtic fan's anti-British behaviour and hold it aloft as being inflammatory, while completely ignoring the context of that response. Furthermore - unless I'm mistaken - it was also widely reported in the media that the song 'mocked the potato famine,' I don't recall any such sentiments being expressed in the entirety of the lyrics; am I in error?

No.