The prevalence of Irish Republican sectarianism in Scotland& media silence

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The media coverage of the terrorist suspects has been extremely low key in comparison to the huge cafuffle made over the so called famine song. I can't believe what I'm seeing in this country and sad to say but I'm glad in a way that my parents are no longer here to witness it. Great post Oleg.

Superb piece of writing OK. Absolutely superb.

This sentence has particular resonance...

Cheers bud.

Compliments from yourself on writing are most welcome. It'd be like Laudrup complimenting my wing play which, of course did happen, but that was a dream.

Thanks (tu)

We are sleepwalking into a nightmare scenario and it must be highlighted.

If only.......we could get all the writers like Ok...D'Art and the rest from here...from VB...Gersnet and all the other sites to combine forces.

Along with a strong unified fans body with one clear voice working in tandem with a strong PR dept at the club....just imagine the possibilities.

Sadly i doubt i will ever see it.

The media coverage of the terrorist suspects has been extremely low key in comparison to the huge cafuffle made over the so called famine song. I can't believe what I'm seeing in this country and sad to say but I'm glad in a way that my parents are no longer here to witness it. Great post Oleg.

I wouldn't compare it to the Famine song.

I would compare it to the outrage when "bombs" were sent to Lennon and the other fenian sympathisers.

The coverage and condemnation was absolutely OTT and saturation coverage ensued.

Just shows you how much the media is controlled by Fenian sympathisers or...how scared they are of upsetting the one sided peace process.

I wouldn't compare it to the Famine song.

I would compare it to the outrage when "bombs" were sent to Lennon and the other fenian sympathisers.

The coverage and condemnation was absolutely OTT and saturation coverage ensued.

Just shows you how much the media is controlled by Fenian sympathisers or...how scared they are of upsetting the one sided peace process.

Yes, a better comparison for sure. (tu)

We, unfortunately, have been made all too aware of the sea of Irish Republican hatred in Scottish culture . We are saddenigly confronted on an almost daily basis by supporters of a football club which seems to be nothing more than a front for prejudice and hatred. Their former chairman, Lord/Baron Reid-that well known champion of the so-called disenfranchised , even used official club AGMs to pander to this element, making blatantly sectarian and inflammatory remarks. The press, as is their modus operandi, ignored this moral sin coming from Parkhead.

We are sick of this hatred and the Republican anthems of anti-British racism. Again, the press remain silent.

Last week, as the supporters of that club indulged in an unholy trinity of terroristic racism, sectarianism and antisemitism, police were preparing to arrest those guilty of planning and preparing terrorist atrocities. The overlap will be wholly predictable.

If only Baron Reid used his power to enforce the legislation that he so heartily backed in the form of the Glorification of Terrorism Act when in Parliament, then this could potentially have been nipped in the bud.

Unfortunately, his own beloved club's supporters were allowed to develop this cancerous growth of hatred. Perhaps I am being unfair and they escaped any form of scrutiny over their songbook purely because the authorities were investigating them for more serious crimes. However, my cynicism in this regard is now both habitual and well-founded after many related observations.

Ultimately, my own suspicions that this culture of bigoted hatred would tie in with the rise of dissident Republican terror appear to be well proven. The scale, nature and gravity of the police action confirm that there is a growing culture of terroristic Irish Republicanism in Scotland.

Still the press seem totally oblivious to the link, never giving air to criticism of their favourite club. Such wilful ignorance is akin to tacit compliance toward a backward, prejudiced and dangerously violent culture. However, if they can get a years old photo of soldiers behaving foolishly, you can bet your bottom dollar that it'll make the headlines, especially if they can get an RFC crest in the background.

In the meantime, Scotland sleepwalks into a backward atmosphere of hatred so dangerous that lives may be lost. In short, normal service for the media continues and the public are shielded from the worrying and perilous truth. One can only fear for the future unless sudden and drastic action is taken.

Well said the only slight difference i have to your article is that the republicans hate the culture of Scottish Prebyterians even more than Briton.Our forefathers kicked Rome out of our country at the time of the Reformation.Look whats happened the west of Scotland is roughly 50-50 through their breeding programme,and with all of these immigrants coming in from eastern Europe i wonder where it will end.Aint no John Knox characters about anymore.

Great call Oleg the threat these people pose is not only to our club but also to the country as a whole.

Vatican tactic get your minions into positions of power destroy status quo and control from within.

Unfortunately our mhedia and apathic citizens are aiding and abetting them

Be Vigilant

Lets get the guilty verdict first and then only then can we legitimately bombard the media with the question of 'home grown terrorists' at the moment it is only a charge. The media was quick to pick up on issues of home grown Islamic extremists correctly so We can legitimately exploit that if they are convicted and if they fail to address it then they would have some difficulty in explaining why not. Have patience fellow bears

Anyone who supports an Irish republic is quite entitled to.

They have the option of persueding the majority of people in Northern Ireland to vote for it.

What's unacceptable is murdering and maiming ordinary people to try to achieve this

Your missing the point

What about the people who aren't rightly supportive of it and are getting oppressed and shat on?

The media coverage of the terrorist suspects has been extremely low key in comparison to the huge cafuffle made over the so called famine song.

It's on the front page of The Scottish Sun today. And now that they have been charged, comment on their cases is forbidden due to the sub judice rules.

Let's not give these people an importance they do not merit. Despite the prevalence of plastic paddies in Scotland we have been largely spared the level of sectarian violence that scarred Northern Ireland for 30 years and cost 3,000 lives.

As far as I'm concerned, our police seem to be on top of the problem here. :wink:

Lets get the guilty verdict first and then only then can we legitimately bombard the media with the question of 'home grown terrorists' at the moment it is only a charge. The media was quick to pick up on issues of home grown Islamic extremists correctly so We can legitimately exploit that if they are convicted and if they fail to address it then they would have some difficulty in explaining why not. Have patience fellow bears

I take your point but there isn't an equivalent parallel to the "Islamaphobia" in the media.

I think it's far less likely that there would be a similar rush to judgement. Indeed, from memory, chargee were rarely brought when the facts of the matter were scrutinised.

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face - the Famine song is a legitimate question.

If you openly support Irish republicanism (and they do) then go back to Ireland if you cannot or will not embrace our culture.

If Ireland and being anti British is that important to you well............

Put simply, those five should be deported.

Another one arrested today ! (tu):sherlock:

It's on the front page of The Scottish Sun today. And now that they have been charged, comment on their cases is forbidden due to the sub judice rules.

Let's not give these people an importance they do not merit. Despite the prevalence of plastic paddies in Scotland we have been largely spared the level of sectarian violence that scarred Northern Ireland for 30 years and cost 3,000 lives.

As far as I'm concerned, our police seem to be on top of the problem here. :wink:

It's a good thing that the police are apparently on top of the terrorist action.

My problem is how we have allowed a culture of support for the terrorists to develop. I fear that it is highly probable that there is between the two. link, perhaps a causal relationship,

Perhaps the apathy of our citizens comes from the lack of stimulating news stories that they are exposed to. Not only is there an almost complete lack of opinion pieces and investigative pieces on CFC, SFA, SPFL, but also on the political and anti-social activities of the dark-side adherrants. If the average citizen, as against just Rangers' fans, were exposed to just how bad the situation is then maybe they would react to what is happening within their society before it is too late. If the circulation figures of the likes of the Daily Record and The Herald are as bad as we are led to believe, what is wrong with the RFFF combining with some other investors and buying a mainstream newspaper. We could have D'Art as editor and O.K. and the rest of the site writers for VB, TRS, Gersnet etc. as contributing and investigative reporters.

I have no idea how much a newspaper costs or the logistics of running one, but I'm sure that a newspaper which gives a balanced viewpoint and fair coverage of daily happenings in the country would be widely successful and whose circulation figures would be at an acceptable level in no time.

Surely, by providing a fair and balanced outlet for Rangers Football Club news and stories that is part of the MSM, would fall under the remit of the RFFF. What price a balanced viewpoint on impressionable minds?

I'm agog that five Republican scum get caught in the act trying to kill innocent people, but mysteriously the Mhedia can't link them wearing their Celtic regalia and apparel from facebook etc?

Either they are complicate in a cynical cover-up or they are complete idiots or even both.

A sixth scumbag has been arrested.

Anton Duffy, 39, Martin Hughes, 34, and Stacy McAllister, 27, all from Glasgow, Paul Sands, 30, from Ayr, and Edward McVeigh, 26, from Portpatrick, Wigtownshire, face charges of conspiracy to commit terrorism and murder.

It is alleged they planned terror attacks between February and October at a property on Old Castle Road, Cathcart, Glasgow.

It is also alleged they tried to get hold of firearms and explosives to carry out terrorist offences, including “damage to property and murder of civilians”.