Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

9 hours ago, CR3 said:

Hellblade 2 - enjoyable 6 hour campaign, short and sweet. Some games prolong time by slowing things down or repeating shit but this just done what it needed to and was really good tbh, some of the best cinematics I’ve seen and a good upgrade on the first regardless of what IGN say. Give it a 8.5/10 at least.

Won’t be surprised if it’s the last Ninja Theory game.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Won’t be surprised if it’s the last Ninja Theory game.

That would be a shame mate, the production and cinematics were top tier but it did take a while. Maybe it’s the size of company? There’s much bigger developers punting the same shite year on year like Ubisoft and activision etc that I dislike much more. Everyone will leave and work for another studio anyway I’d imagine. 

40 minutes ago, CR3 said:

That would be a shame mate, the production and cinematics were top tier but it did take a while. Maybe it’s the size of company? There’s much bigger developers punting the same shite year on year like Ubisoft and activision etc that I dislike much more. Everyone will leave and work for another studio anyway I’d imagine. 

More to do with XBOX just shutting down a load including Tango Gameworx, the guys who made Hi-Fi Rush.

On 23/05/2024 at 23:50, graeme_4 said:

Been playing Days Gone.

It’s actually pretty good, if a wee bit repetitive. Good (if a bit convoluted) story though.

Think I’m nearly at the end, although thought that a few times already :lol: 

Just bought it on Steam for playing on the Deck, hopefully lives up to the later reviews. Think it was a game destroyed by its own hype.

Anyone got an indication if the last instalment of Destiny 2: The final shape will be any good or just another cash grab and few hours of a fairly poor story? IGN suggests the latter.

Shame how it has turned out as a whole, which they brought on theirselves with recycled content and having to buy so many DLC’s. 

bit the bullet and got baldurs gate 3, well worth it exploring and battles. its just perfect i can see me playing it all weekend one of the best games to hit the PS5

the disc is on ebay for £45/50 but it was coming from japan but would take a fortnight or so, so i just got the digital for an extra tenner well worth it

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

it gets better more a story than a game

i started part two and gave up it was annoying and pish

The mid point of the game was excellent, but then i feel went more repetitive again. 

Not sure i'll play part 2. 

Started the first Uncharted game. Bloody brilliant!

31 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The mid point of the game was excellent, but then i feel went more repetitive again. 

Not sure i'll play part 2. 

Started the first Uncharted game. Bloody brilliant!

uncharted games are good but they are very repetitive :lol:

ive only been playing baldurs gate a few hours and loving it but it isnt easy and it feels like every decision really does impact your game

you can play a couple of hours of it if you are on PSN+

2 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

ive only been playing baldurs gate a few hours and loving it but it isnt easy and it feels like every decision really does impact your game

I bought it because it won game of the year then was devastated to find it was turn-based. Will try what I can to maybe get through it but I’ve not had my monies worth yet. Production/acting is great tbf. 

27 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I bought it because it won game of the year then was devastated to find it was turn-based. Will try what I can to maybe get through it but I’ve not had my monies worth yet. Production/acting is great tbf. 

when you get used to it you can make a couple of moves before striking the enemy so where you are helps especially if your above them and you can command your team it reminds me of socom on the ps2

i love the exploring part i just entered an area with werewolves and others that where many times my level so i just fast travelled the fuck out of there :lol:

Strong showcase from Xbox by the looks of things. Quite disappointed there are a number of games there I won't get to try out, but I guess that's what happens when you pick a side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

10 hours into ghost of tsushima on PC with all the bells and whistles switched on graphic-wise and it’s already went straight to one of the best games I’ve played - only done Act 1 so far. 

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Is there any sense getting a PlayStation that takes discs? The digital one seems to be about hundred quid cheaper 

Probably not unless you like to trade in or buy second hand. 

I bought the disk version but tbh I hardly touch it. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I just play fifa really. Want one for the new gta next year 

That’s about the height of my gaming these days 

I bought it for a boxing game that's been 2 year delayed 😆 only coming out in September.

Just have fuck all time now with the kids