Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Driveclub/#Soon has finally been announced for 8th October.

Come September it will probably get delayed again. If it does get released that's around a month before Project Cars..

Was interested in purchasing this but there's so many awesome games due out in October/November... I'll be settling for PS+ edition!

The next major update for the PlayStation 4 is available to download now.

The headline new addition is ShareFactory, Sony's new video editing app and answer to the Xbox One's Upload Studio.

But there are other important changes, including the addition of new light bar settings for the DualShock 4 controller. You can now change it to bright, medium or dim in the settings menu. It's worth pointing out that the touchpad has also been updated so you can use it to navigate the on-screen keyboard.

The 1.70 firmware update also adds automatic pre-download (Ubisoft's Watch Dogs is one of the first games to make use of this), an option to disable HDCP for games, live broadcasting in HD and archiving support, and new PlayStation Camera commands.

Meanwhile, Sony has updated the Vita firmware to version 3.15 and the PlayStation App to version 1.70 so both better integrate with the PS4.

Specifically, the Vita update should improve Remote Play with the PS4. Sony said it will now be easier with automatic device registration. This automatically detects and pairs both systems when they're both online and the same user is signed in to both devices.

PS+ version of Driveclub will have 5 tracks (1 country) and 10 cars! The disc version has 5 Countries and far more cars.

Before the delay this is what Sony were saying "The only difference between the PS Plus edition and the boxed retail is that there's a slightly scaled down version of content...Rustchynsky also revealed that players will be able to earn the game’s Platinum Trophy in the PS Plus Edition. ”You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember it’s the full game minus a few cars/tracks,” he explained

While it's pretty much free it's not quite what people were expecting or told they would be getting...It's a tiny part of the full game.

edit: Just been announced it's only 30fps :( Odd considering they kept dropping hints that it was going to be 60fps and is what they were aiming for.

Strongly recommend you pick up Trials Fusion on the store for 15.99 if you don't mind a challenge. Me and my mate go on Party Chat and aim to beat each others times/go through expert levels together. Word of warning though. It is infuriating at times haha.

Love trials fusion (tu) didn't know it was that price though, paid nearly 30 quid for the disc.

That may include future DLC content?

You can buy the DLC pass on the store for 15.99 also so in total it is £32.

I love and hate it at the same time. Sooo many times I've wanted to launch the control at the TV :lol:

Strongly recommend you pick up Trials Fusion on the store for 15.99 if you don't mind a challenge. Me and my mate go on Party Chat and aim to beat each others times/go through expert levels together. Word of warning though. It is infuriating at times haha.

I've got it as well. If not for the fact the controllers are £50 I would have fired mines off the wall. The extreme levels are fucking murder.

I've got it as well. If not for the fact the controllers are £50 I would have fired mines off the wall. The extreme levels are fucking murder.

Haha (tu)

I'm half way through them. Looking forward to The Greater Crater but got to wait for my mate to get his arse online so we can attempt it at the same time and see who finishes first!!

Not a chance I'll be getting a clean run on any of those tracks!

Haha (tu)

I'm half way through them. Looking forward to The Greater Crater but got to wait for my mate to get his arse online so we can attempt it at the same time and see who finishes first!!

Not a chance I'll be getting a clean run on any of those tracks!

There's some that I can't even get past the first jump :lol: Off today and tomorrow so I'm determined to get a couple finished :lol:

There's some that I can't even get past the first jump :lol: Off today and tomorrow so I'm determined to get a couple finished :lol:

It gets worse! On one of the levels under the 2nd jump there is a red button. If you stay on it the board behind you counts from 1 to 10. It then changes to night and creates a harder course (it is one of the Challenges).

Fuck me I spent hours trying to get over the 1st then 2nd jump.

Finally got to the 3rd one well pleased with myself then I ran out of time (30 Mins).

This morning I JUST completed it with a time of 28 Minutes and 345 Faults....Enjoy :lol:(tu)

That may include future DLC content?

You can buy the DLC pass on the store for 15.99 also so in total it is £32.

I love and hate it at the same time. Sooo many times I've wanted to launch the control at the TV :lol:

Yeah it does include all the DLC.

Fuck me it's infuriating, just finished the hard levels and best I could manage was a silver on one level and bronze on the rest!

Was hoping to get gold on every level but it's never gonna happen :lol:

Yeah it does include all the DLC.

Fuck me it's infuriating, just finished the hard levels and best I could manage was a silver on one level and bronze on the rest!

Was hoping to get gold on every level but it's never gonna happen :lol:

Haha. I was surprisingly good at those. I'm on the Extreme difficulty levels now. On 4 of them I can't get much further than the 2nd obstacle. On the 2 others I get three quarters of the way through then get stuck for 30 minutes and fail or exceed respawn limit of 500 trying to get past it! Think I may have to accept I won't complete any of those levels :(