Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Rockband is back.

Remember way back in 2009? Times were simpler then: Pittsburgh's Steelers were Super Bowl champions; Tiger Woods was caught having an affair; and I was playing a lot of Rock Band. You probably were too. Many millions of you were, anyway, and the plastic peripheral market was booming. In a few short years, the world went from zero to dozens of plastic guitars, keyboards, mics and drums per household, all in the name of games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero. House parties quickly turned into Rock Band parties with surprising frequency. It was only another few short years before those games, and the peripherals they required, fell off a cliff. That was 2010, when Rock Band 3 launched.

It's been five years, and the world is apparently ready for more Rock Band. The folks behind the original Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises are back in the development seat and bringing Rock Band 4 to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year.

Fans of the series need to know these important facts up front:

• All your previously purchased content and any songs you ripped from previous Rock Band games to sequels will work in Rock Band 4, from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. It's 2,000-plus songs. No joke.
  • Harmonix is trying very hard to make your old peripherals work on current-gen game consoles -- despite the fact that there's basically zero compatibility between last-gen and current-gen game console peripherals. "We're working very closely with Sony and Microsoft to do everything we possibly can to make that possible," Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos told me.
  • Yes, there will also be new peripherals (guitars and drums at least). Yes, they will continue to be made by Mad Catz.
  • The plan is to make Rock Band 4 and that's it; the game is a platform, not something that's going to receive annual (or semi-annual) sequels. "At this point, in addition to DLC [downloadable content] expansions, we're thinking of Rock Band 4 more as an ongoing platform model where it can incrementally accrete new functionality over time instead of doing big $60 title releases," Rigopulos said.

The main points are good. Shame i never had any rock bands on the PS3 to have any DLC for it :lol:

Last one is a breath of fresh air for gaming instead of a new game every year that's essentially the same.

Would probably pick up Rock Band. I had DJ Hero and Guitar Hero years ago and loved them. Hated it when you stopped playing and the walls about you would move because of the way the screen went during the game.

That may have just been me though :lol:

Would probably pick up Rock Band. I had DJ Hero and Guitar Hero years ago and loved them. Hated it when you stopped playing and the walls about you would move because of the way the screen went during the game.

That may have just been me though :lol:

Nope, i nearly whited after playing Metallica guitar hero. An 11min song on drums probably wasn't the best idea :lol:

Probably a longshot but if anyone is looking for a xbox one or know of anyone looking for a swap drop me a pm please looking to jump ship to ps4 as a few of my friends have deserted me still have the box and receipt of when I purchased it 2 controllers and plug in and play also a few games as well console is in perfect working order cheers guys !

Picked up Advanced Warfare for £15.

Kind of enjoying it more now, although the boosting about still does my head in.

That and TLOU will keep me going until something grabs my attention.

Traded in Mordor and WWE in so have £30 odd quid on a game card which aint the worst I suppose.

Gave Assassins Creed Unity a proper bash last night..now that most of the problems have been fixed it's actually pretty enjoyable. Loving what they've done with Paris... fantastic looking city that feels alive!

Still not sold on the combat changes.. i can see what they tried to do, but ultimately they've just taken the old combat mechanics and made it clunkier.

Gave Assassins Creed Unity a proper bash last night..now that most of the problems have been fixed it's actually pretty enjoyable. Loving what they've done with Paris... fantastic looking city that feels alive!

Still not sold on the combat changes.. i can see what they tried to do, but ultimately they've just taken the old combat mechanics and made it clunkier.

I'm still really to get into Unity. Probably complete Dying Light first.

Also, screw yer MW2 remake. This is the remake we all want...

https://www.change.org/p/playstation-bring-back-crash-bandicoot-to-playstation

I'm still really to get into Unity. Probably complete Dying Light first.

Also, screw yer MW2 remake. This is the remake we all want...

https://www.change.org/p/playstation-bring-back-crash-bandicoot-to-playstation

I dont think Activision will decide to bring Crash back as i just dont see it selling well with todays kids or adults.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End has been delayed to spring 2016, with Naughty Dog explaining it needs more time with the PlayStation 4 exclusive to meet the team's standards.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-11-uncharted-4-delayed-to-spring-2016

Looks like it'll be another shite xmas for PS4 exclusives!

Oh Ffs! PS3 all over again!

Shat it from Tomb Raider ;)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End has been delayed to spring 2016, with Naughty Dog explaining it needs more time with the PlayStation 4 exclusive to meet the team's standards.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-11-uncharted-4-delayed-to-spring-2016

Looks like it'll be another shite xmas for PS4 exclusives!

Rather they delayed it thanrush it or release it unfinished. It's good to see at least one gaming company has standards and aren't just after a quick buck.

Oh Ffs! Delaystation strikes again PS3 all over again!

Shat it from Tomb Raider ;)

Does put Sony in a tough spot.. as they've got fuck all else coming out.

Meanwhile Microsoft could have an Xmas line up of Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6 and Quantum Break. Although there's rumors the latter will be delayed until 2016 too.. Can see the momentum starting to swing this year, especially if MS keep reducing the price of the XO!

Does put Sony in a tough spot.. as they've got fuck all else coming out.

Meanwhile Microsoft could have an Xmas line up of Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Forza 6 and Quantum Break. Although there's rumors the latter will be delayed until 2016 too.. Can see the momentum starting to swing this year, especially if MS keep reducing the price of the XO!

Got a feeling they will announce GT7 at E3 for this fall.

Been interested in the Hotline Miami series for a while now,#2 just released yesterday and has had some good reviews already.

From the videos I've seen of the two games it looks really challenging plus the soundtrack is amazing.

Can pick up both of them for £13 on the PS Store,gonna download them now (tu)