Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

I've just ruined AC:Unity for myself.

Went back to ACIII and Revelations(PC versions) to level up my initiates account and it turned out to be a huge mistake.. I forgot how buttery smooth these games are 60fps. Unity chugging a long at under 25 fps on the PS4 is now starting to frustrate me!

I've just ruined AC:Unity for myself.

Went back to ACIII and Revelations(PC versions) to level up my initiates account and it turned out to be a huge mistake.. I forgot how buttery smooth these games are 60fps. Unity chugging a long at under 25 fps on the PS4 is now starting to frustrate me!

I'm seriously thinking about building a killer PC to do me for the next 5-10 years at 1080p. With 4K video. I platinum'd the order in about 11 hours playtime that's unacceptable in this day and age.

I'm seriously thinking about building a killer PC to do me for the next 5-10 years at 1080p. With 4K video. I platinum'd the order in about 11 hours playtime that's unacceptable in this day and age.

Just build yourself a wee 6 or 7 hundred quid PC with plenty of room for expansion and plenty of overhead on the PSU. There is no such thing as "future proof" but you can build a PC a certain way that reduces the costs of upgrading later on down the line.

Just build yourself a wee 6 or 7 hundred quid PC with plenty of room for expansion and plenty of overhead on the PSU. There is no such thing as "future proof" but you can build a PC a certain way that reduces the costs of upgrading later on down the line.

Came across this PC on Ebay which i thought was extremely decent for the price and would save someone who does not know about building PC's the hassle...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCL-Pro-Gaming-PC-4-2GHz-AMD-Quad-Core-FX-4350-8GB-RAM-2TB-HDD-4GB-GTX-970-/111606001957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fc3c7125

That's got to be a machine capable of 1080p with Ultra on current/older games and High for forthcoming games in ther next 3 years?

Came across this PC on Ebay which i thought was extremely decent for the price and would save someone who does not know about building PC's the hassle...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCL-Pro-Gaming-PC-4-2GHz-AMD-Quad-Core-FX-4350-8GB-RAM-2TB-HDD-4GB-GTX-970-/111606001957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fc3c7125

That's got to be a machine capable of 1080p with Ultra on current/older games and High for forthcoming games in ther next 3 years?

Off the bat there's a bottleneck with that CPU + GPU combo.

Haven't looked but i'd imagine the Mobo isn't equipped to get the full use out of that GPU either..

Getting a couple of amazing features from the Xbox One tomorrow with the 2.5 update...Resume playback and USB Harddrive support

PS4 firmware update 2.5 will be released tomorrow, Thursday 26th March.

It introduces the Suspend/Resume feature that allows you to suspend a game by putting your console into Rest Mode, and then quickly resume later by hitting the pad's PlayStation button. "Supported by nearly all of your PS4 games," notes the EU PlayStation blog.

Creating a Party has been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required. There aren't specific details on what's been consolidated.

You'll now be able to back-up your PS4 to an external hard-drive or USB thing and restore from there too.

You will be able to search for Facebook friends with your linked account and send Real Name requests in the same step. In a What's New stream you'll see what friends are playing and be able to join them if you own the game. A Friends Who Play This option will be added to game detail pages.

Screenshots will automatically be taken when you earn Trophies, and you can now share videos on Dailymotion.

New custom controller button assignments, zoom functionality and inverted colours "will be available for all system functions, apps and games". All games? That's what it says in the press release. There will be text-to-speech for all of the graphical user interface, including Message and Party, plus bolder and bigger fonts, although this won't apply to all third-party applications.

The option to automatically install all system software updates is being added, and Remote Play and Share Play devices will support 60 frames per second streams. A Vita firmware app update coincides with this.

Vita and PlayStation App are also getting improved accessibility options

How is that official PS4 headset?

My ones have packed in and looking for something to tide me over for now.

For the price they are excellent, Also alot of devs are doing custom sound profiles for them which is neat, Bloodborne and The Order are the lastest games that came out yesterday.

They do lack a bit of bottom end/bass but at £75 and it doing 7.1 you kind of expect that. If money is not an option i'd say go for the Astro A50's however these are amazing value for money so if your not wanting to spend over 200 i'd defo recommend them.

For the price they are excellent, Also alot of devs are doing custom sound profiles for them which is neat, Bloodborne and The Order are the lastest games that came out yesterday.

They do lack a bit of bottom end/bass but at £75 and it doing 7.1 you kind of expect that. If money is not an option i'd say go for the Astro A50's however these are amazing value for money so if your not wanting to spend over 200 i'd defo recommend them.

Expecting a wee one so I've had my budget sliced untill after the summer at least!

It would need be around the £100 mark but not really bothered just now....won't need the better ones till September for obvious reasons!

I liked the look of them but wondered if it would be as poorly made as the DS4 rubber sticks.

Expecting a wee one so I've had my budget sliced untill after the summer at least!

It would need be around the £100 mark but not really bothered just now....won't need the better ones till September for obvious reasons!

I liked the look of them but wondered if it would be as poorly made as the DS4 rubber sticks.

Congrats

Build quality seems decent enough although i've seen a few people say they have broke theirs but that seems to be the way they take them off, Take both ears off at the same time they wont break. They look much better than you would expect at the price as well.

Congrats

Build quality seems decent enough although i've seen a few people say they have broke theirs but that seems to be the way they take them off, Take both ears off at the same time they wont break. They look much better than you would expect at the price as well.

Cheers.

Yeah I would handle with care, mainly because the DS4 has been an issue for me since the console launged.

3 replacements and now the latest one the right anolouge stick has lost the function to be held down to run fast like in The Last of Us or COD.

I blamed the whole rubber wearing thing on the launch controllers but it can't be as it keeps happening to me :lol:.

I have the rubber replacements of course but really that shouldn't be needed for a £30-40 game pad.

3 replacements...wtf :lol: You tried wearing gloves :lol:

I don't get it.

The one I got with the console is fine, I use that just as much as the others and yet no wear or tear at all.

The other one was fucked within a few weeks of FIFA 14 and every replacement since has been the same. I gave up in the end and bought the rubber protectors which are great but I made the mistake of ripping the tattered original rubber from the analoge stick and the replacement cap didn't fit well at all :lol:

No idea why the left hand one has packed in when holding it in though, never dropped the thing once.

I use that one for FIFA or other games where that doens't require to be held in. I thought the Last Of Us copy that I digitly downloaded was fucked because he kept going from running fast to suddenly stopping!

If you're just looking for something cheap and cheerful you can't go wrong with the Tritton Kama's. Yours for around £20..

Ear-cups are maybe a tad on the small side and it lacks some of the features that more expensive headsets come with.. but they are easily one of the best sub £60 headsets that I've ever tried! Crystal clear mic(better than the Sony Gold headset) and the bass is very nice..

If you're just looking for something cheap and cheerful you can't go wrong with the Tritton Kama's. Yours for around £20..

Ear-cups are maybe a tad on the small side and it lacks some of the features that more expensive headsets come with.. but they are easily one of the best sub £60 headsets that I've ever tried! Crystal clear mic(better than the Sony Gold headset) and the bass is very nice..

Cannae be wireless at that priceless surely?