Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

I've got small ears mate :lol:

Probably fit me perfectly, if it's decent enough quality for that price I'm not fussed. Just something to get me by till after the Summer.

They are brilliant for the price mate, I just find the foam pads sit right on my ear rather than fit around it. Gets sore pretty quickly.

They are brilliant for the price mate, I just find the foam pads sit right on my ear rather than fit around it. Gets sore pretty quickly.

I'm guessing I should be fine since mines are pretty small compared to most folk.

Anythings better than the shitey 1 ear phone that plugs into the controller :lol:

Got Amazon vouchers to use so will order tonight.

Just stuck on a vids from Gamersyde to USB to play on PS4 (desktop does not play them due to insanely high bit rate/quality)...Still cannot watch vids off USB a year and a half later since PS4 has been out? FFS! So turns out Plex is out for PS4 so you can stream from your PC to the PS4...So i download it for onto the PS4 and sign up online...Only to find out you cannot stream without signing up a monthly package of £4 or £32 for the year...£32 to watch my own fucking videos :lol: What a fucking rip off, PS4 seems in the dark ages compared to what i could do when i had the Xbox One.

Doesn't bother me.

My tv has USB ports to watch all that kind of thing, most TV these days do.

I totally forgot PS4 is unable to do this as i usually use my TV or did use my Xbox One for vids but the vids were 60fps vids and Samsung TV's dont support 60fps playback off USB :( And my desktop is not powerful enough to play them :lol: So i now have to use a laptop with a tiny screen to watch vids (td)

2015 it's pretty shocking that the PS4 is unable to do this basic feature though!

I totally forgot PS4 is unable to do this as i usually use my TV or did use my Xbox One for vids but the vids were 60fps vids and Samsung TV's dont support 60fps playback off USB :( And my desktop is not powerful enough to play them :lol: So i now have to use a laptop with a tiny screen to watch vids (td)

2015 it's pretty shocking that the PS4 is unable to do this basic feature though!

Not that shocking really. MS and Sony swapped tactics this gen.

Sony pushed the PS3 as the multimedia home entertainment system. This time they openly admitted to focusing on a games console.

I prefer my console to play games and focus on improving that aspect over and above developing options to watch content via USB that you can do on other devices.

PS4 is not intended to be a one stop shop for multimedia, or certainly wasn't at launch, so I wouldn't have expected someone to buy one who wished to use it for tasks it isn't originally intended to handle or get annoyed when it doesn't. :)

Yeah I have never played a DVD or had the need to on my PS4 yet, I use that kind of thing for the PS3 which at least now has a use.

I don't like this voice thing that they have done though, keep that pish for the Xbox...it's pointless.

Not that shocking really. MS and Sony swapped tactics this gen.

Sony pushed the PS3 as the multimedia home entertainment system. This time they openly admitted to focusing on a games console.

I prefer my console to play games and focus on improving that aspect over and above developing options to watch content via USB that you can do on other devices.

PS4 is not intended to be a one stop shop for multimedia, or certainly wasn't at launch, so I wouldn't have expected someone to buy one who wished to use it for tasks it isn't originally intended to handle or get annoyed when it doesn't. :)

It seems pretty multimedia orientated to me, Plex, Music stores, Video stores, Apps, TV Apps, Internet etc etc It just does not give you FREE multimedia options like Xbox One, PS3 or Xbox 360 :lol:

I think PS4 being a games only machine is a total myth to hide it's poor software side of things which seems to be getting upgraded at snails pace.

Microsoft ripped the cunt when it came to this daft TV pish and look where it got them. Aye it's another plus that you can watch Netflix etc on a console but I bought it to play games.

The fastest selling Xbox console ever? That's great for you but not everyone just plays games in 2015

Ripped the cunt as in look how far behind it is in sales compared to the PS4,it's well on course to beat the PS2 and become the best selling console ever.

No doubt as so many more gamers this day and age compared to PS2 days (supposedly more girl gamers these days than boys) Not sure what sales have to do with PS4's poor software though?

No doubt as so many more gamers this day and age compared to PS2 days (supposedly more girl gamers these days than boys) Not sure what sales have to do with PS4's poor software though?

With no intention of carrying on a fanboy war; I would suggest that it shows people buy consoles to play games = more sales for PS4.

PS3 struggled against the 360 as Sony slapped in expensive kit like the Blu Ray player when it was relatively new tech amongst other multimedia gimmicks and it lost them a lot of ground in the market as people didn't want to shell out that sort of cash vs Xbox 360 with the optional (but failed) HD DVD Drive.

Back to basics and lo and behold they are smashing it and I am pleased with my PS4 as it does what I want it to do; play games with minimal fuss at a decent quality (tu).

With no intention of carrying on a fanboy war; I would suggest that it shows people buy consoles to play games = more sales for PS4.

PS3 struggled against the 360 as Sony slapped in expensive kit like the Blu Ray player when it was relatively new tech amongst other multimedia gimmicks and it lost them a lot of ground in the market as people didn't want to shell out that sort of cash vs Xbox 360 with the optional (but failed) HD DVD Drive.

Back to basics and lo and behold they are smashing it and I am pleased with my PS4 as it does what I want it to do; play games with minimal fuss at a decent quality (tu).

PS3 did not struggle against the 360, It came out a year later and always had a year later sales...However the last few years it caught up and was always neck n neck and i reckon will surpass 360. We will never see a Xbox console have better sales than PS. That's great for you am glad all you can do is play games at a decent quality (tu)

Anyway seems im not the only one wanting USB playback as any update thread on Neogaf USB playback seems to be at the top of most PS4 owners list.

PS3 did not struggle against the 360, It came out a year later and always had a year later sales...However the last few years it caught up and was always neck n neck and i reckon will surpass 360. We will never see a Xbox console have better sales than PS. That's great for you am glad all you can do is play games at a decent quality (tu)

Anyway seems im not the only one wanting USB Media playback as any update thread on Neogaf USB playback seems to be at the top of most peoples list.

To be fair the PS3 did struggle to begin with.. Sony ended up selling it at a loss just to try and make up ground.

Also the PS3 overtook the 360 in May 2013.

To be fair the PS3 did struggle to begin with.. Sony ended up selling it at a loss just to try and make up ground.

Also the PS3 overtook the 360 in May 2013.

Sales wise though it was never struggling...Ok maybe the first few months before it got it's first price drop but it picked up speed pretty quickly afterwards.

I rest my case ;)