Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Yeah same. I see RPG and that puts me right off.

I'm probably missing out on good games tbh :lol: type of game I'd buy preowned when its 10 quid or so. That's how I discovered splinter cell and silent hill

I'm probably missing out on good games tbh :lol: type of game I'd buy preowned when its 10 quid or so. That's how I discovered splinter cell and silent hill

Every time I see RPG I think of Final Fantasy and I HATED those games with a fiery passion.

It put me off Bloodborne too and that's supposed to be good.

I'm a fussy bastard though.

Was ok on PS1/2 when chipped games were £5 so you didn't mind if it was shite.

Every time I see RPG I think of Final Fantasy and I HATED those games with a fiery passion.

It put me off Bloodborne too and that's supposed to be good.

I'm a fussy bastard though.

Was ok on PS1/2 when chipped games were £5 so you didn't mind if it was shite.

Honestly... that's like hating all sports games because you don't like cricket games. RPG games are everywhere and most games are now taking parts from them and are adding them into their own games.. Shadow of Mordor for instance is essentially a glorified action-rpg in it's own right. Ever since Vice City, GTA has incorporated RPG elements... GTA 5 online is about 2 bawhairs away from being a MORPG.

I don't like FF either, infact i'm not a fan of JRPG's in general... but they are very different to western RPG's.

Witcher 3 was always going to get 9's and 10's.. CDPR are just a studio that seem to do everything right. Buzzing for it!

Honestly... that's like hating all sports games because you don't like cricket games. RPG games are everywhere and most games are now taking parts from them and are adding them into their own games.. Shadow of Mordor for instance is essentially a glorified action-rpg in it's own right. Ever since Vice City, GTA has incorporated RPG elements... GTA 5 online is about 2 bawhairs away from being a MORPG.

I don't like FF either, infact i'm not a fan of JRPG's in general... but they are very different to western RPG's.

Witcher 3 was always going to get 9's and 10's.. CDPR are just a studio that seem to do everything right. Buzzing for it!

Ach I know it's daft but everytime I see footage that takes me back and reminds me of FF it puts me off.

I know myself I'm no doubt missing out on some very good games but I'm fussy.

The new Assassins Creed is set in London. It's also out in October. That seems pretty quick from the last release which was absolute shite. I'll still get it but I'm not very hopeful.

When games get released yearly the quality drops like a ton of bricks,see COD and FIFA.

Never mind The Witcher 3,this will be GOTY 2015

tHueSuL.jpg

"Currently, I'm in the desert of Afghanistan looking for a secret weapon in caves. I can only talk about this mission today. Needless to say, Afghanistan, in the game, is far larger than ground zeroes. Once I think I'm growing tired of the desert environment, I discover a new locale, tucked away, that brightens things up.

So far, I've Fulton rescued people, supplies, and…a massive bear. The bear was very challenging! Took 10 tranq darts. In addition to soviet troops, I've also encountered mysterious super soldiers on this mission. These "Skulls" are very fast, and are clearly biomechanical in nature.

The day/night cycle is great and plays a big part of strategizing. The phantom cigar is weird! The mission to find the weapon takes you through massive military installations tucked away in the desert. The scale of them is daunting.

While I can only talk about this mission today, I will have a lot of coverage ready to go on June 9th. Any questions about this mission? Fire away! I can tweet about it until 10 AM pacific time"

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18829-new-mgs-v-phantom-pain-afghanistan-mission-info-far-larger-gz-secret-weapon.html

Haven't had much of a chance to play The Witcher yet.. so far so good though.

Graphics are getting slated pretty bad.. which i think is unfair. Yes it's had a massive visual downgrade, one that would make even Ubisoft blush.. however it still looks great(on PS4) and for the most part it's really smooth. Can't ask much more for an open world game.. as they are never going to set the standards visually!

Game already has sucked me in.. total immersion.

Haven't had much of a chance to play The Witcher yet.. so far so good though.

Graphics are getting slated pretty bad.. which i think is unfair. Yes it's had a massive visual downgrade, one that would make even Ubisoft blush.. however it still looks great(on PS4) and for the most part it's really smooth. Can't ask much more for an open world game.. as they are never going to set the standards visually!

Game already has sucked me in.. total immersion.

i'm enjoying it also mate,graphics are no where near as bad as people are making out.looks amazing when you're walking through the forest at night,with the trees and foliage blowing about.

how important is making potions mate ? I'm looting everything and have no idea what half the stuff i'm picking up is for.would prefer just usingt sword and magic abilities yarden axii etc.i'm playing on the second highest difficulty and i've been doing ok with just my weapon and magic.

anyone got mortal kombat x ? Pretty decent fighting game. You know what you're getting with these games but graphics and moves are pretty good. B movie plot line on story mode makes it even better.

On another note. Last minute winner from a corner to stay in div 3 on fifa yaaaas

anyone got mortal kombat x ? Pretty decent fighting game. You know what you're getting with these games but graphics and moves are pretty good. B movie plot line on story mode makes it even better.

Seriously considering buying it,never been into fighting games but I want to get into them now for some reason.

i've dropped down to easy mode mate lol.can't be arsed brewing potions and all that pish,with easy mode you can just use your sword and magic signs igni,axii etc and concentrate on the story.

still died a few times,due to getting swarmed with wolves and being attacked in the wilderness by beasts that are a higher level than me.