Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

On 27/08/2016 at 8:32 PM, Iakona said:

Just installed Enderal.. can't wait to dive in.

For those unaware It's a total conversion mod for skyrim on PC. Basically a new game built within Skyrim...

I really should get back to Skyrim. I couldn't get enough of Morrowind and Oblivion. Skyrim I hammered for about 2 months then literally haven't touched it since.

32 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Will be getting both as well.

Likely get the new Gears of War and that should do me till the end of the year i reckon.

Gutted I can't play gears mate as I'm on ps4.loved the old ones on the 360,no chance I'm buying an xbox for just 1 game tho lol.

can't wait to see the bioshock games running at 60 frames in 1080p aswell.

35 minutes ago, watty. said:

Gutted I can't play gears mate as I'm on ps4.loved the old ones on the 360,no chance I'm buying an xbox for just 1 game tho lol.

can't wait to see the bioshock games running at 60 frames in 1080p aswell.

Aye I'm the same the other way round, always buy the Xbox as I'm a big Halo players and the controllers are so much better i think.

Not played Bioshock in years aswell so will be like new games to me.

I was looking on Steam for Gears of War and Battlefield and can't find most of the recent titles.  Where do PC gamers get these?  Gears of War 4 looks pretty good on some of the early previews I've seen.  Is there a site to download the Battlefield Beta of PC?

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I was looking on Steam for Gears of War and Battlefield and can't find most of the recent titles.  Where do PC gamers get these?  Gears of War 4 looks pretty good on some of the early previews I've seen.  Is there a site to download the Battlefield Beta of PC?

Can get most PC games here:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/?gclid=CKKwktj55s4CFReeGwodg7oMyA

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Gears of War is a Windows 10 exclusive.. can only be found on the Windows 10 store. Battlefield is an EA series so generally you can't get them or activate them on Steam... they use Origin(EA's version of Steam). Ubisoft also have a similar set up with uplay.

There's no best site for PC games because it's a very competitive market.. best bet is making friends with hotukdeals.co.uk

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

Gears of War is a Windows 10 exclusive.. can only be found on the Windows 10 store.

Battlefield is a EA game so generally you can't get them on Steam... they use Origin(EA's version of Steam). Ubisoft also have a similar set up with uplay

I've got windows 10 so getting GoW will be no problem although it's not even out until October.  I've signed up at the Battlefield beta website as an insider although my chances of getting in to this BETA are slim.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've got windows 10 so getting GoW will be no problem although it's not even out until October.  I've signed up at the Battlefield beta website as an insider although my chances of getting in to this BETA are slim.

Beyond that there is no best site for buying games.. and i include steam/origin/uplay in that. It's a very competitive market and the best prices and deals change daily! Just be mindful that not every game can be activated on Steam!

Make friends with the gaming section on www.hotukdeals.co.uk - every deal worth knowing about will be posted on there!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Iakona said:

PS4 Pro will be released on November 10th and will cost £349

How can a console capable of 4k be made for £350?  My GPU alone is barely capable of 4k and it cost £250.  I know they claim the new consoles will run 4k but I think there's next to no chance of that actually happening.  As usual, games will be optimised for best performance and quite rightly so.  I mean, it's not like your average gamer is sitting at home with 4k TVs.

On another note, I can't fucking wait for the new GoW game.  It's been exclusive to XBOX for years and I never got to play it.  With the PC I finally can.  Tempted to by an older version of the game but it's £22 on Windows store :(

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

How can a console capable of 4k be made for £350?  My GPU alone is barely capable of 4k and it cost £250.  I know they claim the new consoles will run 4k but I think there's next to no chance of that actually happening.  As usual, games will be optimised for best performance and quite rightly so.  I mean, it's not like your average gamer is sitting at home with 4k TVs.

It's not native 4k.. just upscaling.

Neither the new PS4 or the Xbox One that's out next year will be capable of true 4k gaming. Even with all the optimisation techniques out there, they simply aren't powerful enough. Not without massive sacrifices to graphical fidelity or frame rates.

12 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It's not native 4k.. just upscaling.

Neither the new PS4 or the Xbox One that's out next year will be capable of true 4k gaming. Even with all the optimisation techniques out there, they simply aren't powerful enough. Not without massive sacrifices to graphical fidelity or frame rates.

Then why all this hype about 4k?  I'm certain they can improve the hardware in a PS4 and XBOX but they're not getting anywhere near 4k.  It just sounds like false advertising.

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Then why all this hype about 4k?  I'm certain they can improve the hardware in a PS4 and XBOX but they're not getting anywhere near 4k.  It just sounds like false advertising.

It's smoke and mirrors. It's 1080p games running at 4k.. However rather than just stretching the image to fit the screen, the missing pixels are generated by mathematical calculations.

The end result is that the image outputs at 3840 × 2160.. so it's not really false advertising. However the image quality will not be anywhere close to being as sharp or as detailed as a native/true 4k image.

The GPU in the new Xbox One is seemingly inline with a gtx 1070. Given a gtx 1080 struggles with 4k native, there's absolutely no doubt that Microsoft will be going down the upscaling route too.

I've been looking around for a desk.  Seen these desks straight out of an old call centre for £80.  Big enough, sturdy, can put it straight in my corner and move to a dual monitor setup in a few months.  Think it's a good deal?

Desk.jpg

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've been looking around for a desk.  Seen these desks straight out of an old call centre for £80.  Big enough, sturdy, can put it straight in my corner and move to a dual monitor setup in a few months.  Think it's a good deal?

Desk.jpg

That's one ugly fucking desk mate, have a little self respect.