Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I thought I might pick up a PS4 for the new CoD games coming out.  Anyone know if there's good deals on these anywhere?  Gutted I missed out on the £150 ones earlier on in the month.

I got the wean the Xbox one s from Smyth's. Great deal. Best to buy a that mate cause a new ps4 is coming out 

51 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

I got the wean the Xbox one s from Smyth's. Great deal. Best to buy a that mate cause a new ps4 is coming out 

I'll buy it within the next few days so I'll just take what I can get.  Gutted that I missed out on the £150 PS4 deals earlier this month.  Looked on Gumtree and there's pricks who bought the £150 consoles now advertising them for £200.  Chancing basterds.

42 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'll buy it within the next few days so I'll just take what I can get.  Gutted that I missed out on the £150 PS4 deals earlier this month.  Looked on Gumtree and there's pricks who bought the £150 consoles now advertising them for £200.  Chancing basterds.

Same mate. I was trying to get it for the wean. 150 with FIFA was a belter of a deal. Xbox one s is fly as fuck. They advertise it as 4k but that's only for certain movies and TV shows. The games aren't , they're only upscaled 

49 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Same mate. I was trying to get it for the wean. 150 with FIFA was a belter of a deal. Xbox one s is fly as fuck. They advertise it as 4k but that's only for certain movies and TV shows. The games aren't , they're only upscaled 

The GPU for my PC was over £200 on its own and I'd be lucky to play games at 4k.  I already knew these console wouldn't be able to run native 4k but I'm okay with that.  The £150 deal with FIFA was amazing and I'm gutted to have missed out on it.

43 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The GPU for my PC was over £200 on its own and I'd be lucky to play games at 4k.  I already knew these console wouldn't be able to run native 4k but I'm okay with that.  The £150 deal with FIFA was amazing and I'm gutted to have missed out on it.

You had to be fucking rapid to get one of those deals mate, I was actively trying and still couldn't get one, some people actually got one only for argos/game etc to cancel their orders. Still ended up getting a decent deal on Amazon though, £230 for one of the slim Ps4's with Fifa 17.

8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/xbox-one/xbox-one-bundle/1196640611

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I got a PS4 today.  It was £150 with a couple of games and a controller.  I traded the games and controller in for £27 which I spent on PSN credit and used to buy the new COD.  I think it was a pretty good deal in the end.

You bought COD and now have no controller, or am I a mongo?

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You bought COD and now have no controller, or am I a mongo?

I play games on PC sometimes and kept a controller for that.  That meant I was able to sell everything that came with the PS4 to recoup some money. 

28 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I got a PS4 today.  It was £150 with a couple of games and a controller.  I traded the games and controller in for £27 which I spent on PSN credit and used to buy the new COD.  I think it was a pretty good deal in the end.

Good deal tbf (tu) I'm tempted to get cod just for cod 4 remastered, fucking great game.

7 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Good deal tbf (tu) I'm tempted to get cod just for cod 4 remastered, fucking great game.

It's Cod4 I'm interested in too.  From the videos I've seen it looks like the devs have stayed true to the original game.  It's released midnight tonight so looking forward to it.